Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suddenly doesn't start???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Suddenly doesn't start???

I had the weirdest thing happen with my 95 C 280 just a little while ago. I've been running around all day doing errands. It's about 104 degrees outside today and I guess I've been running the car pretty hard, considering the conditions outside. I get home at about 3:30 and I leave the car in the garage for about an hour. I got back out at 4:30 and it suddenly doesn't want to start. It didn't act like a starter or alternator problem, all of my gauges are showing normal signs, temp's a bit higher than normal, but not in the red, and there's not idiot lights on. I finally got it to start after giving it a little gas while tunring the ignition. I shut the car off a couple seconds after it started and turned it over again and it fired right up. I proceeded to drive to work, doing everything as I normally would, hit about 65-70 mph, the tranny's smooth and there's no hesitation and/or funny noises. I called the dealer and spoke with a tech and they said to bring it in if it does it again. Anyone ever had this problem or have any insights?
Old 08-09-2003, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-class wagon, C-class sedan
We had the same thing happen on our 94 C-280 yesterday try the "over voltage Relay" about $90.00 for the part at the dealer.
Avoid taking it in if possible they tried to charge me $3,000.00 to fix. good luck