Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E200K Pre-Safe Inoperative, SRS and ABS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200K Mercedes Benz
E200K Pre-Safe Inoperative, SRS and ABS

Hi guys!

I'm sorry if this isn't in the correct forum; I'm new to this forum and am not very sure of where to post this. Forgive me for my lack of car knowledge too 😝

My mom's car was stopped on a crossroad yesterday (23/12/14) and suddenly the car could not move. The accelerator was stuck and our engine stopped. My mom panicked and she restarted the engine. Everything return to normal and thankfully nothing happened.

It wrote on the speedometer "Pre Safe, inoperative, See Drivers Manual". We went to a servicing center and checked our voltage. It was normal. I read that the radiator grills and sensors may be dirty so I wiped the radiator clean. I don't know how does a radiator sensor look like though so I just wiped everything I see.

One weird thing though, when we used the key to start our engine, there seemed to be no problem. However, when we used the "automatic starting" (Stepping on the Brake and pressing the button on the throttle) the speedometer pops up a bunch of warnings. I took a few photos of this and will post it up in a while (Currently on Mobile)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS. Our car is a second hand car passed down from another owner. It was used for approx. 7 years.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200K Mercedes Benz

These pops up when we used the brake and the button on the throttle to start the engine.

These pops up when we used the brake and the button on the throttle to start the engine.