Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 S500 W221

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S500 Designo AMG Body
2006 S500 W221

Help!! Have been searching everywhere also let 2 MBZ dealers fail to find the problem. Briefly the engine (fully serviced and 100kms only) develops a loud whining or whirring noise (take your pick) after 10 minutes of normal driving. The noise corresponds with acceleration and handing does seem to become a little sluggish. There are no registered technical faults and no warnings of any kind. I recently had the main fan drive belt replaced and everything else seems to work fine (except for a slight tick on deceleration.)
I have been told noisy abc pump by one dealer another said rubbish! The ac compressor does sound noisy to me with a screwdriver placed to the ear but not sure if this is relevant. Any ideas this otherwise beautiful car is driving me nuts? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
If you would fill out the personal information tablet completely people would be more able to assist. As an example you talk of Kilometers. This means you could be in Europe or Canada for example. This is the time period where Mercedes introduced the new 7 speed transmission replacing the old 5 speed. The early 7 speeds had torque converter, separator plate and other introductory type problems. Your problem here could be transmission , A/C or ABC pump related . More information about your vehicle will get you more helpful answers. Good luck with the repair and welcome to the Forum.