Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Technical & Vehicle Assistance Forums > Mercedes Tech Talk
W212 Engine Mounts Replacement Procedure? >

W212 Engine Mounts Replacement Procedure?

Notices
Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 04-23-2016, 12:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC Sport

Does anyone know if the engine mounts & transmission mounts on a 2011 E350 4matic are as easily replaceable compared to the previous gen?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:13 PM

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
2010 W212 E550 4matic
Hello! Did you ever figure it out? 4matics are more difficult to work on generally and especially when it comes to engine mounts. I replaced mine recently so if you're still interested I can help with some info.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Oda112 View Post
Hello! Did you ever figure it out? 4matics are more difficult to work on generally and especially when it comes to engine mounts. I replaced mine recently so if you're still interested I can help with some info.
I did not, they actually got replaced after an accident recently. I am still curious about the procedure considering I was so close to pulling the trigger. Were they difficult?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
2010 W212 E550 4matic
I would say they are. You have to buy an offset wench to get the top bolts from the mounts and then take the alternator and the steering box down to be able to wiggle them out. The workshop manual states you should remove both catalytic converters with the corresponding exhaust pipes and ac compressor, but with some extra wiggling and lifting the engine I was able to get them (the motor mounts) out without doing these things. It took me about 8 hours to do the job, but I could probably do it faster now that I know where everything is.
It's annoying that I'll have to do this again in 80k or so, apparently these mounts will break again, they're poorly engineered.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 Base & 2011 GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Oda112 View Post
I would say they are. You have to buy an offset wench to get the top bolts from the mounts and then take the alternator and the steering box down to be able to wiggle them out. The workshop manual states you should remove both catalytic converters with the corresponding exhaust pipes and ac compressor, but with some extra wiggling and lifting the engine I was able to get them (the motor mounts) out without doing these things. It took me about 8 hours to do the job, but I could probably do it faster now that I know where everything is.
It's annoying that I'll have to do this again in 80k or so, apparently these mounts will break again, they're poorly engineered.
I have the 2010 E550 without 4Matic, is the procedure the same? Thanks.