Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new GLE43Coupe issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE43COUPE
Brand new GLE43Coupe issue

Hi everyone, newbies first post.

I have had had a brand new GLE43Coupe for 2 months and very happy with it overall except there is a serious problem.

When driving over 100km/hr there is a deep vibration coming from under the seats and the whole vehicle body shakes to an extent where the passenger seat is making flapping noise.

Took it back to MB and drove with a technician where he has acknowledged that there is something wrong. They tested out wheel alignment and balance and apparently other aspects as well YET NO ABNORMAL FINDINGS ALL WITHIN SPEC!

From dealership level they were not able to help to fix as it is a personal sensation. Contacted MB and they have explained that it is a series of characteristic that different model can have different vibration.

It is not a small vibration, it is a very deep vibration where the seats are making noise and can't watch entertainment screen as it shakes. I have had numerous cars cheap to high value yet non of them had such vibration issue that couldn't be fixed.

Did any other owner experience something similar with GLE43COUPE? MB believes that it is this particular model that has this issue which is NORMAL but just bigger vibration than other models.

I am not happy with the findings I would appreciate if anyone can help or suggest what to test other than the wheel balance.

thank you
Old 04-18-2017, 03:45 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
I would persist with MB until this crap is gone. No such thing its is within spec, maybe alignment and wheel balance are within spec. Alignment and wheel alignment don't cause this kind of vibration. We are not kids. Drive shaft vibration? just a thought. Does it get worse when speed increases?

Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-18-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE43COUPE
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon
I would persist with MB until this crap is gone. No such thing its is within spec, maybe alignment and wheel balance are within spec. Alignment and wheel alignment don't cause this kind of vibration. We are not kids. Drive shaft vibration? just a thought. Does it get worse when speed increases?
Thanks for your reply. I would like to persist until this is resolved but they are trying to close it by saying it's all within spec. I have asked for a detailed report of what they have tested as I wasn't informed of any info about what they tested or its findings.

I am not sure if they tested for the drive shaft but I will ask them to look into it with a written report for the results.

I have not driven over 120km/he but it seems to get worse as speed goes up from 105km/hr
Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
When drive shaft is out of balance, it gets worse when speed increases, similar to wheel balance, except a lot more serious!