Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 ML350 4Matic V6, Misfire, Evap Leak Code, Fuel Pressure Code-P0452, P0456, P0303

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350 4Matic V6 3.5L
2013 ML350 4Matic V6, Misfire, Evap Leak Code, Fuel Pressure Code-P0452, P0456, P0303

Hello, having a few problems with my just out of warranty ml350

2013 ML350 4 Matic 3.5L V6 44K Miles

The issue has happened as follows:

1. Drove to an event 3 miles away, went inside for 2 hours. Upon coming out and starting my ml the car would not start after 3 attempts. 4th attempt started roughly, ran fine, no engine light.

2. 1 month later on cold start the car start very rough and the engine light comes on. The codes were low pressure at fuel rail, and another low pressure fuel code. (I wasn't smart enough to record the number) I cleared the code and noticed no problems for a week.

3. Today, started fine. Drove 4 miles to interstate, drove 75-80 20 miles, exited to red light. Car started shaking with a misfire at the light, and a check engine light. The car continued to rough idle, and drive very rough with an obvious misfire the remainder of the trip and all the way back home. I drove it my local shop which was closed, and it showed the same symptoms to the shop and back.

I pulled the codes, but didnt clear them. It has two evap system codes P0452 and P0456 (gas lid is on tight), one for a small leak and one for a very small leak. The other is a misfire on cylinder 3 code. I didnt look to see how many misfires or any technical date. But I do continue to have an obvious misfire and very rough idle and driving up until about 3K rpms.

Can anyone share any info as to what they believe could be the issue? Anything I can try myself before taking it in? Simple tests to troubleshoot. Really any advice will help, as I am not well versed with newer cars.

Also from my searching the forum, here are some notes.... no gas smell inside the car, no noticeable increase in fuel consumption, no smoke from exhaust or strange exhaust smell, and no noticeable change in power other than the massive miss that disrupts acceleration from idle to 2k rpm.