Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customer Service, Mercedes Me "verifing", App

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
Customer Service, Mercedes Me "verifing", App

Little story about adding my '14 GL450 CPO to Mercedes Me. At 28 days the car was still being "verified". Called Cust Serv, spoke to a nice lady who said don't worry, it'll be done in 48 hrs. 6 days later still verifying. Emailed selling dealer concierge and asked him to move it along. He can stay on the phone with them instead of me. Later got an email that I would get a call which I did and I missed. But voicemail said to change my password, delete the iPhone app, redownload the app, and all should be well.....not....
Followed the instructions and the app would not download again after 14-15 tries. Tried to call the nice lady back, but when I got to entering her extension, nothing. Tried 6-7 times.
So started all over again and pressed option 5 and I was greeted by "Sy". Explained the 2 problems, i.e. verifying and app crash. In about 10 minutes he had the car verified, so now when I open the website, all is well. I can see details now. He had no idea what to do about the app. Googled it and watched a 1 minute video made by someone with a heavy accent and sounding like a 12 year old. The video showed going to Settings/General/Storage &iCloud Usage/Manage Storage, and then scrolling down to the app and deleting it there. Did so, then a hard reset, then went back to App Store and successfully download the app which now works. Whew. Sy and Google are your friends.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Yep, Ive dealt with Sy before, good guy.