Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Cooling with air dehumidification" Delayed Switch-off

Old 10-05-2017, 08:32 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
"Cooling with air dehumidification" Delayed Switch-off

My car is a 2016 E400 coupe. Can anyone tell me how to operate the interior ventilation fan without turning on the AC compressor? Regarding the compressor (i.e., "Cooling with air dehumidification"), the Operator's Manual says:

> To deactivate: press the A/C button. The indicator lamp above the A/C button goes out. The "Cooling with air dehumidification" function has a delayed switch-off feature.

When I press the A/C button, the air coming from the vents continues to be cooled and dehumidified.

What exactly is the "delayed switch-off feature" and how long should it take before the system blows non-cooled air?
Old 10-06-2017, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
If you start the car with the A/C off then it will never come on. If it has been on previously it'll ramp down the A/C until it turns off. Hard to say how long it'll take as it's humidity dependant. Usually just a few mins though. The reason it takes a little time to to prevent any rapid fogging of the windscreen when it's raining/high humidity as it's a safety issue. This function can be disabled using xentry if you want but no real need to.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (10-09-2017)