Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 G550 hooting noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 G550 ,2018 S63 amg Coupe,2019 AMG G63,2021 AMG 63 (on order),2021 G550 (on order)
Angry 2017 G550 hooting noise

Good day,
I have a new 2017 G550 since mid July (3 or 4 months of owning it now) straight from Germany. I am extremely disappointed in this truck as there have been problems with right from the start. I have already had to replace a fuel sensor after two months of owning it. Now I am facing an even larger problem. I have an extremely annoying hooting noise that is constant which sounds like an owl under my hood!!! I have read a review from another G550 owner who states the same problem with his new truck. I am so disheartened by this. No one can figure out this problem and I refuse to have my transmission torn apart, etc. I feel when there is a problem right from the beginning on a brand new truck like this that Mercedes should be replacing it, no questions asked. I will be bringing in my truck to Mercedes but honestly from what I have read there is no fix for this, or at least not that we know of. Who do I contact at Mercedes in Germany? I want to save myself anymore aggravation and speak to someone who makes these trucks and tell them what is happening. It seems that Mercedes will be hearing more and more about this problem with their 2017 G550's. I want resolution!