Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

722.9 Transmission problems

Old 01-16-2018, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 clk350 convertible
722.9 Transmission problems

So my transmission has developed some shifting problems. As the trans is about to shift into a higher gear it will downshift harshly and jerk violently. The problem first started about 10k miles ago but at that time resetting the shift points fixed the issue. The car was sitting for a few months and last week when I took it out it developed the same problem. As long as the car is cold the trans works fine but after around 15 minutes of driving the shifts become sluggish and the trans beggings jerking at every gear change. I reset the shift points but nothing changed. The trans fluid has been changed recently and the Car onlyhas about 100k miles on it. Last time I drove it the random downshifts and jerks became almost constant and the trans went into limp mode. Anybody have similar issues? From what I've read the 722.9 gtronic transmissions seem to have a tendency to fail prematurely.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 129 Posts
not a merc
How did u reset the shift points? How about reading the faults!