Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Transmission shop put tran fluid in motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes C63 AMG
Help Transmission shop put tran fluid in motor

I have a 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG had no problems but was due for a transmission service I went and paid for a service yesterday and was given a receipt and went on my way the car was driving very stangley but I thought maybe you had to drive for a little bit after a service so I went home and today on my way to work it was getting worse it went to shift and through me forward when I got off work I was showing my mechanic at work the problem he asked me to start it and it sounded horrible I look back and white smoke is pouring out I immediately kill it and check the oil which is over flowing with transmission fluid I call the shop and ask where they put the transmission fluid in at he asked the mechanic who serviced my car and he told him the red transmission dipstick in the back of the motor my car does not have a transmission dip stick so my car has been running with no transmission fluid and my motor is overflowing with transmission fluid he told me he wanted to get it towed back tomorrow and look at it how bad do y’all think this is after he looks at it tomorrow do have the right to tell him I want Mercedes to dignoise the problems I mean it’s a transmission shop for one and I’m pretty sure having the motor oil plus all the tranny fluid in it is not good I’m not trying to go to court all over this I just want my car fixed right :/ I just don’t want to somehow get screwed on this
Old 01-25-2018, 04:26 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,054 Likes on 975 Posts
1999 E300TD
Get a good attorney------the car will never be the same----your foooooooked if what you say is correct!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:49 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
1995 SL500 - 2017 AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by demonbenz

I have a 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG had no problems but was due for a transmission service I went and paid for a service yesterday and was given a receipt and went on my way the car was driving very stangley but I thought maybe you had to drive for a little bit after a service so I went home and today on my way to work it was getting worse it went to shift and through me forward when I got off work I was showing my mechanic at work the problem he asked me to start it and it sounded horrible I look back and white smoke is pouring out I immediately kill it and check the oil which is over flowing with transmission fluid I call the shop and ask where they put the transmission fluid in at he asked the mechanic who serviced my car and he told him the red transmission dipstick in the back of the motor my car does not have a transmission dip stick so my car has been running with no transmission fluid and my motor is overflowing with transmission fluid he told me he wanted to get it towed back tomorrow and look at it how bad do y’all think this is after he looks at it tomorrow do have the right to tell him I want Mercedes to dignoise the problems I mean it’s a transmission shop for one and I’m pretty sure having the motor oil plus all the tranny fluid in it is not good I’m not trying to go to court all over this I just want my car fixed right :/ I just don’t want to somehow get screwed on this
Try to save money by not going to the dealer and this is what happens. The 17 year old kid who did your transmission service was really trained well along with the idiot owner of the franchise. That's what the transmission shop has insurance for. There's no way they will be able to get the fluid completely out of the engine and I'll bet there is massive damage to both engine and transmission. Get an attorney and be prepared for a long drawn out battle with their insurance company. I would accept nothing less than a new engine and transmission. You can call this a bad learning experience.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1969 Mini Cooper
Transmission oil in the engine is no great problem. It is just like overfilling the engine with engine oil. Drain the oil in the engine and refill, the engine will behave like normal after a few miles. No oil in the transmission is a serious problem. Some bearing and gears have run dry and need to be replaced.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1969 Mini Cooper
Transmission oil in the engine is no great problem. It is just like overfilling the engine with engine oil. Drain the oil in the engine and refill, the engine will behave like normal after a few miles. No oil in the transmission is a serious problem. Some bearings and gears have run dry and need to be replaced.