Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with c300 airbags?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 c63s, 2016 G63
Exclamation Issue with c300 airbags?

Hey guys!
So I am new here so not sure if this is the right place to post this. Personally I'm a huge Mercedes fan, just bought a c63s and a g63 last year.

But I was in my moms car and as she was making a right turn at the intersection and a car came up from behind and hit us. Actually very hard. The seat belt locked but I flew forward and got sever whiplash and a concussion... My mom also got very close to hitting her head on the wheel and also got injures.

The impact bar was totally broken, in multiple pieces. The bdy shop also agreed it was odd the airbags did not deploy. I know theirs a recall on them which is why i'm also more concerned.

Now here is where things get even more odd. The body shop who works with the Mercedes dealer and who Mercedes told us to take the car to was kinda odd. They where very helpful, but I think sketchy. They said after they did the body work the car was sent to Mercedes to be inspected and sent back. However, on the bill and everything there is no paperwork saying it was inspected. Since I'm helping my mom out I questioned the body shop and they said something like "Oh it's just for billing... Trust me i'm helping you out... don't worry even though it doesn't say it, it was inspected and nothing is wrong" But things are still wrong with the car. Like there's this knocking that started right when we got hit and it's still there. My mom also told me today that there is an oil leak. So I came out and went to the place she took it to and they said it's been happening a while. idk there's just a lot of little things I personally noticed wrong with the car so i'm just taking this over and going to help my mom out with this...

If you guys where in my shoes what would you do? Maybe I'm just more worried because it is my mom and I want to be sure shes safe, but yeah I would love a second opinion.

Mom's car - 2009 c300
Old 01-30-2018, 02:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mercedes
Так удар был не сильный? ремни заблокированы значить и подушки хлопнуть должны , Осаго сколько насчитала?

Last edited by nokia3310; 01-30-2018 at 02:32 AM.