Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 cls500 wont start,electrical problem?please help

Old 03-16-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls500 2006,clk500 2004,e500 4matic 2004
Angry 2006 cls500 wont start,electrical problem?please help

Hello I have a 2006 cls500 that was in accident before I purchased it and was told it runs just need to get the bodywork done well bodywork done tried to start it nothing! Then found out engine ecm was fried paid 1000 dollars for another pre programmed module still no start checked fuses and relays there was a relay and fuse missing on terminal 87 which is connected to engine module replaced with new ones and still no start and both relay and fuse is still good but now that I put the relay and fuse in that was missing I am hearing crackling nosie from engine bay near windshield I'm not a electrician but it sounds like wires are getting burned I have the whole dashboard off thinking of replacing the wiring harness that goes from passenger floor board to engine/front Sam please help someone I have spent more on this car then it's worth listen to the video attached below and tell me if that is a electrical problem or something else dont want to spend hundreds on new used harness just to find out thats not the problem any suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated I have been stuck on this issue for over 2 months ☹☹,