Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W204 Maintenance before moving from California to Chicago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' C300
W204 Maintenance before moving from California to Chicago

My wife and I decided to move to Chicago from SF Bay Area later this year. We are the original owners of a 2008 C300 4Matic with 45k miles on it. I was wondering if I should do any additional maintenance on the car before taking it to Chicago later this year, since the conditions during winter will be quite different compared to California.

The car has had oil changes every year, and a transmission fluid change just recently. I have also been using Techron concentrate plus every 6 months or so.

Battery: I still have the original battery (A0009823208), but I'm planning to replace it based on the indicator below. Am I reading this correctly?

Brakes: I don't remember getting a brake fluid replacement before, but the maintenance booklet says to get it every 2 years. Does it make sense to replace the fluid?

Steering fluid: I couldn't see anything in the maintenance booklet other than topping it off if needed. Are there any benefits of replacing the fluid?

Spark Plugs: Maintenance booklet says to replace at 91K miles, so I have no plans to do it earlier than that.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations. I'm just trying to make sure that the car is maintained well and ready for the cold climate. Thanks!