Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 C200K Wagon Tailgate Issues!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C200 Kompressor Wagon
2009 C200K Wagon Tailgate Issues!

Hi All,

New to this forum and this is my first post.

I bought this car 6 months ago in a private sale in Sydney and it had 115000 km then and it has 140000 km now.

I have had intermittent issues with the electric tailgate not opening immediately and more recently needing a shove from outside to fully close the tailgate to avoid the red warning on the dash letting me know it is not fully closed.

However yesterday the tailgate jammed in the nearly closed position and I was unable to open it at all. I could hear the motors running when I pressed the remote as if it was trying to open.
I read online that you can use the manual key to open the tailgate but I do not have a key lock on the tailgate!

This morning I was going to lower the seats and climb into the trunk to see if I could remove an interior panel so I could open the door but tried the remote first and the tailgate opened. Hooray!!!

Now I have it open I would like to inspect and service the tailgate to see what is going wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to tackle this or have a step by step please!

cheers

Bill

Sorry only picture I have right now!