MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Mercedes Tech Talk (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-tech-talk-41/)
-   -   Mercedes Me has been down for days (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-tech-talk/716561-mercedes-me-has-been-down-days.html)

MarylandGLK250B 07-29-2018 03:24 PM

Mercedes Me has been down for days

I (and doubtless others on this forum) pay a subscription to COMAND to have the Mercedes Me app. This allows me to send an address to the car from the app, for navigation purposes.

Well, Mercedes Me has been down for a week now, at least. I have called in. They say there is an "outage" but they give no ETA for repair.

The app is useless. Meanwhile, every day we pay for it.

Sounds like a class action in the making....

sumfungai 07-29-2018 05:22 PM

It is absolutely absurd that they have no ETA - I have been waiting for the site to come back up to set up my recurring lease payments for the car I got last week.

Oh well, I have told my dealer that when the site comes back up, I'll make my next payment...:smash:

Mr. Toad 07-30-2018 09:24 AM

The Mercedes Me app has been very problematic for several months now, and calling their assist number is pointless (the representatives on that line are little more than bodies to answer calls; they know very little about how any of it works).

MarylandGLK250B 02-05-2019 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Toad (Post 7515762)
The Mercedes Me app has been very problematic for several months now, and calling their assist number is pointless (the representatives on that line are little more than bodies to answer calls; they know very little about how any of it works).

Reviving this thread. I just this week got an apology email from Mercedes about Mercedes Me (it was a weird apology, as the app has actually been working fine for me for several weeks now).

They seem to recognize the lack of reliability. I wonder if they will give us some kind of discount/rebate when it comes to renewing our subscription....

Mr. Toad 02-05-2019 02:53 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that! :D

Cambridgehank 02-06-2019 04:37 PM

I received the email also. App is limited in what is working and not working. I can only send an address for navigation.

Borair 05-26-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Toad (Post 7515762)

Hey Mr Toad!

I saw you've posted a few times about the Mercedes Me app. I just took delivery of my AMG GT 4-door 6 days ago and Mercedes Me hasn't been able to connect to my car.

Did yours connect right away or did it take a while? I've read some of MB owners out there saying it sometimes took up to two weeks? My dealership are not very helpful in this matter.

Thanks

dynomut 05-26-2019 06:47 PM

I'm in. Let's discuss. I had enough of this app.

dynomut 05-26-2019 06:48 PM

You are gonna wait for years for it to be fixed. Outtage.. lol... as in what?? the app is GARBAGE

dynomut 05-26-2019 06:48 PM

class action law suit. lets get this started asap. the APP IS USELESS GARBAGE

dynomut 05-26-2019 06:50 PM

good luck... the app is garbage

dynomut 05-26-2019 06:52 PM

Agreed, dont hold your breath. MB is pulling one over on us, and trying to distract you by saying outtage their tech's are working on it..wait for new update...bla bla blah

pl626 05-26-2019 07:03 PM

This is ridiculous and they never notify of an outage. I'm cancelling my subscription...

Mr. Toad 05-28-2019 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Borair (Post 7764499)
Hey Mr Toad!

I saw you've posted a few times about the Mercedes Me app. I just took delivery of my AMG GT 4-door 6 days ago and Mercedes Me hasn't been able to connect to my car.

Did yours connect right away or did it take a while? I've read some of MB owners out there saying it sometimes took up to two weeks? My dealership are not very helpful in this matter.

Thanks

It's been a few years now, but I don't recall having to wait a while to connect the app to my car for the first time. Once they have you in the system as the owner, the app and car should see each other.

My problems have been primarily with the off-again-on-again functionality. Some days it works fine, some days I get text messages saying that it's been trying to connect and can't due to a network error, and then some days I can't even log into the app. It's a complete sh*t show. BMW's owner app was much better. And don't waste your time calling the help line, as they have absolutely not idea what they're talking about. They once told me that I was getting the automated network error texts because I never pushed the SOS button in my car and set up an account when I bought it. Not only was this untrue (I set up the account on the first day), but that has nothing to do with the app.