MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Mercedes Tech Talk (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-tech-talk-41/)
-   -   AMG GT 63 Driver Power Window Not Working (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-tech-talk/887271-amg-gt-63-driver-power-window-not-working.html)

neonflx 03-24-2024 03:21 PM

AMG GT 63 Driver Power Window Not Working

2019 AMG GT 63 Sedan
Background: About a week ago I left my driver window opened for about 10 minutes with heavy rain, I rolled it up and it worked fined, dried everything as best as I could.
A few days later when I tried to put down my driver window it did not work.
All other windows work fine.
I replaced the controller/switch on the driver door but it did not fixed the issue.
I took the motor out and hooked it up to a battery and it spins, slowly but spins, not sure how fast it should turn.
Fuses checked ok.
Without the motor attached window moves freely up and down.
I checked the voltage on the connector going into the driver door motor when activating the switch for voltage, there is no voltage present, which brings me to the question if the fuses are ok, the new switch did not fixed the issue, what am I missing? relay?

thanks for any feedback

CaliBenzDriver 03-25-2024 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by neonflx (Post 8944922)
2019 AMG GT 63 Sedan
Background: About a week ago I left my driver window opened for about 10 minutes with heavy rain, I rolled it up and it worked fined, dried everything as best as I could.
A few days later when I tried to put down my driver window it did not work.
All other windows work fine.
I replaced the controller/switch on the driver door but it did not fixed the issue.
I took the motor out and hooked it up to a battery and it spins, slowly but spins, not sure how fast it should turn.
Fuses checked ok.
Without the motor attached window moves freely up and down.
I checked the voltage on the connector going into the driver door motor when activating the switch for voltage, there is no voltage present, which brings me to the question if the fuses are ok, the new switch did not fixed the issue, what am I missing? relay?

thanks for any feedback

Save your time, scan your chassis to discover what parts have been soaked.

Driver door switches are an actual module.

You'll be able to test inputs under 5mn

neonflx 03-25-2024 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver (Post 8945154)
Save your time, scan your chassis to discover what parts have been soaked.

Driver door switches are an actual module.

You'll be able to test inputs under 5mn

I used an iCarsoft scanner however no faults were found, used the ODB diagnose and the left door specific test , nothing found.

any other suggestions,

Thanks for your reply

CaliBenzDriver 03-25-2024 12:21 PM

live data status

Originally Posted by neonflx (Post 8945256)
I used an iCarsoft scanner however no faults were found, used the ODB diagnose and the left door specific test , nothing found.

any other suggestions,

Thanks for your reply

Scanner test showed left door is ok, no faults.

Go into Door Modules to see live data of status activities.

This a lot faster than disassembling doors looking for water damage...if scanner doesn't help thats what's next.