Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Anybody know the Blackbook value on used SL55s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
n/a
Anybody know the Blackbook value on used SL55s

I am in the market for one and am pursuing the best value possible.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Friend, in this....

used car marketplace, the book has no meaning. Unless of course, your banker is looking at it. And we all know how much they know about SL 55's....
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK55 AMG, SL55 AMG, C55 AMG
I am shopping for one too. Agree with above post. Pricing all over the place. Auto Trader has had a few here and there and I looked at some past sales to get a baseline price guide, but it is more art than science.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
My suggestion is don't ever buy without a complete warranty in place, and even then be very particular about the history of the car first. These cars have $10k+ a year repair and maintenance costs. Any money you save by getting a good deal will cost you an arm and a leg down the road.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Well,

The perception here is not necessarily the reality. If you look on this forum and others, you are going to find some folks that are adamant about a warranty, others (including myself) that have had good experience (mainly because of experience) in keeping these cars right. Reality is that unless you want to spend more serious $$$, most of these cars don't have any warranty available. Do your homework and you will find the areas that are troublesome, but most importantly, have someone that you know and trust to help you see about them. Rolling up to the service drive at the MB dealership, unprepared, is a good way to get mauled.
One other thing--an SL55 is not a car you want to go hunting based on "value". Certainly, you want to be reasonable. But saving $3000 on the front end could cost you $6k on the back end. Buy from someone who knows MB and these cars in particular, get some history, and get a good PPI. Hope this helps.