Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2005 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG - Black on Black - Low Miles! $21,999 OBO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Audi S4
2005 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG - Black on Black - Low Miles! **New price!** $20,999 OBO

2005 Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG
55,XXX miles
NEW PRICE! $19,999 OBO!

More pictures at www.offthemantel.com/Mercedes.php

Quality. You get what you pay for. I am negotiable on price but am getting towards the bottom.

This car is a Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-owned. To my knowledge, the car was bought in Florida, moved to Houston, and then I bought it out of Houston and moved it to Alabama. I moved from Alabama to upstate New York (via car hauler) in December 2011, where the car currently resides. Although this car is in a snowy part of the state, it has NEVER NEVER NEVER seen snow or salty road conditions. I have a second car and this C55 never touched the road until late May of this year. The car has ALWAYS been garaged or covered. The car has been rained on, but I normally do not take it out in the rain as I take my other car instead.

This car is immaculate and very well taken care of. No wrecks or fender benders and the car only has one small ding on the whole car. This has been my dream car as of late, but unfortunately due to the winter quickly approaching, going on a 9 month deployment to Afghanistan in May, and then returning to the USA in the winter, it will be 2 years until I get to drive it again!! That is the ONLY reason I am unloading this car. It will be a sad day when it is gone!

The only modification that I have done to the car is I took off two of the four catalytic converters and the resonator. I did that when I first got it and have had no problems. I shopped very carefully, so rest assured the work is quality. The car has a very subtle V8 tone under light power demand, however you can make your presence known when you get on the throttle. This is the best sounding V8 I have ever heard, in my opinion. Not obnoxiously loud; extremely refined.

My C55 is relatively light on the frills for an AMG. No navigation. No wood grain. No phone (although it has the option). However, it does have a sun roof and HIDs. It also has the retractable solar screen, power memory seats (both sides), butt warmers, awesome Harmon/Kardon stereo with 6-disc changer, etc…All of the stuff that you would expect on a true Mercedes-Benz. Please see pictures and ask questions in regards to the options.
The wheels are offset 18” factory wheels. 2 out of the 4 wheels are perfect and the other 2 have very minor curb rash. As for the body, it has NEVER been in a wreck. The only imperfections it has is the light curb rashing as stated, very minor and sporadic rock chips on the hood, and one ding on the side (pictured) that was there when I got it. The windows are tinted in accordance with Texas laws in the front, and the back are pretty dark (not limo, but you can barely see through them). The AMG Nappa leather seats with Alcantara are in excellent condition. The leather is supple and not dried out. The back seats are tight and look brand new. The front seats show very minimal wear with hardly any creases in the leather (see pictures). No cracks or tears.

The only issues I have with car are as follows. When I got the car, it was apparent that a rat nibbled on a few of the wires. No wires were cut to my knowledge. This affects three things. The headlight sprayers don’t work, the right headlight will flicker off and on (one very fast flick) once or twice every now and then (it can go weeks at a time with no flickering), and the radio when turned up to a high volume gets static sometimes. I would presume that this is one easy fix of the wires that are grouped together to repair all of these things. I just have not gotten around to it because the closest MB dealer is 1.5 hours away and they are extremely minor complaints.
I have the regular key and the valet key for this car. I also have all owner manuals and front license plate holder (not installed). The car has apprx. 300 miles until its next service. I may get this service before I sell it, but not sure. We can work it out if it is a quick sale. All services have been performed by a Mercedes-Benz dealership. The front tires are 60-70% tread left and the rear need to be replaced (apprx. 10-20% left). Fortunately, tires for this car are cheap. Any other questions, let me know and I will answer them truthfully and fully as I really need to sell this car before winter hits. This car belongs to a well-informed person who has taken care of it the proper way.

Look, I’m not going to go crazy on the description. If you want a true C55 that has been well maintained and well cared for, this is your chance. This car has been very conservatively driven and never put on a track, strip, or road course. I drove it like an old man, to be perfectly honest. I hate to see ‘er go, but there is no point in having sit around for 2 years not getting driven. If interested, email me or call at (972) 977-8936 (leave a message if no answer). The car is in Watertown, NY, near the Canadian border on the east side of Lake Ontario. I am only 5 hours from NYC, 5 hours from Boston, 2.5 hours from Rochester, 3 hours from Buffalo, 6 hours from Philadelphia, 2 hours from Ottawa, and 3 hours from Quebec. I live 5 minutes away from US Interstate 81 so if you need to ship it, I bet it would be cheap. Otherwise, I can probably meet anyone that is within a few hours to do the trade (pending the details are worked out well in advance).

Once you purchase this car it is your responsibility to pick this car up or have someone move it for you. You must have this car moved within 7 days of purchase. No funny business. Cash or check through an accredited bank are the only means of payment. I will make sure the transaction occurs 100% in accordance with the law, so the buyer should expect this.

More pictures at www.offthemantel.com/Mercedes.php

Last edited by whatthecrunchyo; 10-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, CLK550
Very nice! GLWS
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 AM

04 E55 - 97 E320 - 85 300D
If it was Silver I would definitely sell my E55 for it. QQ, officer or enlisted ?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:13 PM

2004 Audi S4
Thanks guys, it is a beautiful car and well taken care of. I am very particular on how my cars are treated!

I'm an officer.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 AM

I only ask because I saw the Aviation Crest. I'm with a National Guard Aviation unit. What do you fly ?
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 PM

2004 Audi S4
Originally Posted by SPVFD47
I only ask because I saw the Aviation Crest. I'm with a National Guard Aviation unit. What do you fly ?
I fly the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. I am at Ft. Drum, NY in the 10th CAB. You?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 PM

2004 Audi S4
Gentleman, price has been adjusted $1,000!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 PM

28th CAB. UH-60.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:23 PM

2004 Audi S4
BUMP!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 PM

2004 Audi S4
Price has been adjusted another $1,000! $19,999!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 AM

2004 Audi S4
bump