MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Mercedes Vehicles (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-vehicles-96/)
-   -   FEELER: 2003 CLK55 (https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-vehicles/649500-feeler-2003-clk55.html)

skittles 01-10-2017 09:52 AM

FEELER: 2003 CLK55

4 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,

I am relocating and cannot take this car with me. I came here to see if any of you are interested.

I'm the second owner and the car has approximately 150,000 miles. I have the title. The installed wheels and tires have about only 50 miles on them. Before it was parked I ran into some issues. 1st incident: The serpentine belt snapped but was replaced by a local exotic vehicle shop. 2nd incident: I was driving down the freeway about 65mph the engine started to miss. CEL flashing. I pulled over to the side, then the vehicle shut off on its own. I had the car towed to my office and its been parked there since. It has been parked there since January 2015. I had plans on fixing it back up but I just cannot find time to.

The interior was in good condition. No rips or discoloration.
The exterior was in good condition. No dents, cracks or imperfections.
Everything worked since I parked it. It just didn't start.

Original AMG wheels, stock springs, brand new front CF lip and some other goodies will come with the sale.

I still have the desire to fix it but do not even know where to start. So if you guys have experienced this issue, let me know. If its a quick fix, I may fix it for the next owner. This is less likely to happen though. I'm at the point where I just want it gone. On the other hand, I am considering selling it as-is.

Can you guys guide me with pricing? I'd like to just sell it and all of its extras together. I'll take the loss.

VEHICLE WILL NEED TO BE TOWED. Currently parked at Michigan, USA.

If you need more information let me know. I can always add or edit this post.

If you're serious, PM me and I will send you my personal email or phone number.

Rocman8 01-10-2017 11:40 AM

There is no timing belt on these cars so what was the actual problem with it originally?

skittles 01-10-2017 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rocman8 (Post 7020557)
There is no timing belt on these cars so what was the actual problem with it originally?

My apologies. I meant the serpentine belt.

The car was running perfectly fine.

1st incident was the serpentine belt snapped. Had it replaced then it was OK.

I had new wheels and tires installed.

2nd incident. I was cruising the freeway at 65mph then the CEL flashed and the engine started to miss. I pulled over and the car shut off on its own. It wouldn't restart after this.

Towed it and now its been parked ever since.

Rocman8 01-10-2017 12:57 PM

The fact that it only went 50 miles after the belt snapped and was replaced makes me wonder if it overheated and caused permanent engine damage. Does the engine crank over and spin or is it locked up?

skittles 01-10-2017 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rocman8 (Post 7020639)
The fact that it only went 50 miles after the belt snapped and was replaced makes me wonder if it overheated and caused permanent engine damage. Does the engine crank over and spin or is it locked up?

The 50 miles is only for the wheels and tires.

The belt was replaced prior that. I have to check documents and actual ODO to see how many miles driven after belt replacement.

It was cranking over. I attempted to start it once and it was just turning till the battery died.

TheVazha 01-11-2017 11:38 PM

Hi Bud,

I think that has to be a 2004+. With the mileage and condition, I think you should be able to get $1500 for it, maybe a bit more but not greater than $2K.

Also bump for a fantastic little car!

Rocman8 01-11-2017 11:51 PM

Is the car normally garaged or have a car cover on it? The headlamps look really clear. Do you have the factory wheels as well?

Yidney 01-11-2017 11:53 PM

Given the difference in value between running and not running with an unknown problem, you ought to at least get the codes read to see what the CEL is for. That will tell you lot about what it might cost.

Yidney 01-11-2017 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rocman8 (Post 7022475)
Is the car normally garaged or have a car cover on it? The headlamps look really clear. Do you have the factory wheels as well?

His post says the original wheels come with it.

Rocman8 01-12-2017 12:19 AM

Im a little confused with the carfax. It says second owner purchased in June 2015 at 138k.

skittles 01-12-2017 10:07 AM

That's creepy.. I never posted a carfax or VIN... and yes, comes with factory wheels..

Rocman8 01-12-2017 10:19 AM

Carfax can be pulled with a license plate.