Mercedes Vehicles The archived section for Mercedes vehicles on sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Mars Red P31 C63 AMG Sedan 481HP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:03 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
FS: Mars Red P31 C63 AMG Sedan 481HP!

My family is growing, and I am looking to get into something a bit bigger, so I reluctantly am selling my 2012 C63 AMG.

The car has just under 53k miles. It has the VERY rare Mars Red (also called Fire Opal Red in Canada) paint. I spent three months searching for a Mars Red sedan, and eventually had to have this one shipped from Colorado to New Hampshire. From what I can tell, there are currently only three Mars Red C63s for sale in the entire country, and they are all coupes. If you're looking for a change from black/grey/silver, this is it!

The interior has the black/anthracite leather/alcantara and aluminum trim. The car also has the highly desirable P31 AMG Development Pack, which includes a bump to 481HP and forged engine internals from the SLS, as well as a carbon fiber rear spoiler, carbon fiber front splitter, two-piece front brake rotors, and the alcantara steering wheel. Other options included are the red brake calipers, COMAND navigation system, and Keyless Go. I've attached the datacard here showing all of the options.

The condition mechanically is perfect: the brake pads were all replaced around 10k ago. Tires are brand new Continental ExtremeContact DWS all-seasons all around. The expensive 40k transmission service, the rear differential oil swap, and the 50k service have all been completed (receipts available). I also just swapped out the spark plugs for new OEM plugs. An alignment was just performed, with the rear tire toe set to the factory minimum to prevent excessive tire wear. All four OEM wheels were just re-trued. The hood struts were just replaced. It even has new windshield wipers. Note: this is a post-facelift car, which means it does NOT suffer from the issue with failing head bolts as seen on earlier C63s.

Cosmetically, the interior is a 9.5 out of 10. There are one or two minor scratches on a few trim pieces, but otherwise it's perfect. I had the driver's side seat covers replaced to address some wear on the side bolsters.

The exterior is a 9.5/10. The paint is in very good condition overall; there are minimal rock chips or sand blast, especially for a car with 50k. There are a few small scratches: the driver's side rear fender and passenger side rear door each have an area I've touched up with MB touch-up paint. There is also one small ding about the size of a pencil eraser on the driver's side rear door.

Other than that, the exterior is near-perfect. I just had the rear bumper cover removed and resprayed to address a few scratches in it, and it looks great. I also just had the wheels powdercoated in silver to address some scratches from mounting/unmounting snow tires. They also look great.

I am asking $38k for this car. I will happily have a pre-purchase inspection performed at my local MB dealer, and split the cost with the prospective buyer (fully refundable upon purchase). I can also recommend a nation-wide PPI service that focuses more on the cosmetics so the interior/exterior condition can be verified. If you're not local to southern NH, I'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet halfway, or can recommend a shipping company.

I also have a set of Nokian snow tires I'll include for another $500. Less than 5k on them.

There are less expensive C63 sedans available for sale, but few in red!

Small dent on driver rear door.

Small scrape on passenger rear door.

Last edited by nobbyv; 05-05-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:13 AM

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts
2012 C63, 2014 E550
Hey OP, where are you located?
Old 05-05-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by NotABaller
Hey OP, where are you located?
I'm in southern NH, work in northern MA. US.

Last edited by nobbyv; 05-05-2017 at 07:17 PM.