ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

ML63 (W166) modifications

Old 11-25-2014, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML63
ML63 (W166) modifications

Good Evening Gents, i'll be picking up a brand new ML63 on Thursday morning and am already looking to add a few mods. I have found very little info with regards to who and what can be done, i have seen that some of the other cars with this engine are making substantial power but am yet to see much for the ML63. What are the options out there
Old 11-26-2014, 06:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Amazing choice you Will be very happy with this awesome ml amg!

There are many options out there ...but here are my advises:

1. Get a brabus exhaust for the sound. Its expensive but sounds sick and you have a "silent" mode also.

2. Tune the bi-turbo up to 700hp
But not more unless you have major cash...
I do have 680hp and its enough imo , it transforms the w166 ml63 but it Will still be a reliable amg :-)

3. Buy a set of Nice HRE rims! Lighter so you Will improve the handling with the unsprung weight. Not to mention the crazzy look.

4. Lower the car with a tuner module for example Renntech.

This will really make your amg even better and you Will be extremely happy with the results trust me! The stock w166ml63 is a beast but with these mods it be comes a Monster

I hope this helps.

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 11-26-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Great choice you'll luv it ..hope you got the p package

Old 11-27-2014, 05:18 AM

2014 ML63
Originally Posted by EVOII_Racer
Amazing choice you Will be very happy with this awesome ml amg!

There are many options out there ...but here are my advises:

1. Get a brabus exhaust for the sound. Its expensive but sounds sick and you have a "silent" mode also.

2. Tune the bi-turbo up to 700hp
But not more unless you have major cash...
I do have 680hp and its enough imo , it transforms the w166 ml63 but it Will still be a reliable amg :-)

3. Buy a set of Nice HRE rims! Lighter so you Will improve the handling with the unsprung weight. Not to mention the crazzy look.

4. Lower the car with a tuner module for example Renntech.

This will really make your amg even better and you Will be extremely happy with the results trust me! The stock w166ml63 is a beast but with these mods it be comes a Monster

I hope this helps.
I have no doubt ill enjoy the car, i actually set out to buy a Range rover sport until i saw the interior.

An exhaust upgrade is certainly on my to do list, just looked at the Brabus site and it does sound nice. Is it a full system from the down pipes back like the Renntech system ?, also if i choose to upgrade the turbos at a later date can this system be used or will it need to be changed/modified.

Will the car produce 700hp with a tune and exhaust alone ?, also with regards to the tune are all the tunes generic or can i get a proper full custom tune. If so who does them.

Defiantly going to lower the car, tossing up between HRE's and ADV1's atm, cant decide. This will probably be the first mod i make
Old 11-27-2014, 05:23 AM

2014 ML63
Originally Posted by Nanook
Great choice you'll luv it ..hope you got the p package

Much appreciated, unfortunately i didn't get the performance package. I wasnt prepared to wait 5 months so i bought one the dealer had ordered in as the wait was only 2 weeks. With a few mods i dont think i'll notice the difference.

BTW yours looks
Old 12-05-2014, 02:39 PM

W166 ML63
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I have no doubt ill enjoy the car, i actually set out to buy a Range rover sport until i saw the interior.

An exhaust upgrade is certainly on my to do list, just looked at the Brabus site and it does sound nice. Is it a full system from the down pipes back like the Renntech system ?, also if i choose to upgrade the turbos at a later date can this system be used or will it need to be changed/modified.

Will the car produce 700hp with a tune and exhaust alone ?, also with regards to the tune are all the tunes generic or can i get a proper full custom tune. If so who does them.

Defiantly going to lower the car, tossing up between HRE's and ADV1's atm, cant decide. This will probably be the first mod i make
I get gthaus exhaust it turn to silence and noise mode, adv.1 wheels, vath fender extenders revozport rear lip and front diffuzer, rado motorsport downpipes and tune engine for 690 hp. So I buy the links for lowering, but not setup it yet. I very like vath extenders, but with them you need wheels ET10-15
Very good sound give offroad rado downpipes. I dont understand gt haus exhaust. In silence mode it works like the ml 350 in loud mode not louder than stock muffler
Old 12-05-2014, 06:13 PM

Mercedes Evo II

IMO , I love the combination of VATH central exhaust and the brabus adjustable one

Here are 2 "bad quality" videos I made:

To get 700hp the great news is that you will not need to upgrade the turbos, you can keep the stock ones. So yes, big ecu mods, exhausts, filters and down-pipes will do the job thanks to the AMG bi-turbo engine.

The Brabus exhaust does not include the down-pipes, nor the mid-pipes and nor the center exhaust...basically all the exhaust parts where you can gain impressive hp. Nonetheless it's a very impressive product, it sounds cool and the quality is outstanding! (Let's hope so it's expensive lol )

You are in Sidney Australia correct?

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 12-05-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:10 AM

W166 ML63
IMO , I love the combination of VATH central exhaust and the brabus adjustable one

Vath v63 rs1 - YouTube

ML63 Vath and Brabus - YouTube

To get 700hp the great news is that you will not need to upgrade the turbos, you can keep the stock ones. So yes, big ecu mods, exhausts, filters and down-pipes will do the job thanks to the AMG bi-turbo engine.

The Brabus exhaust does not include the down-pipes, nor the mid-pipes and nor the center exhaust...basically all the exhaust parts where you can gain impressive hp. Nonetheless it's a very impressive product, it sounds cool and the quality is outstanding! (Let's hope so it's expensive lol )

My transmission was crashed after tune 700hp 1100Nm.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 711 Likes on 692 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
RENNtech tune will give 635hp...
http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/698

RENNtech down pipe will give 10hp...
http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/1352

i don't see exhaust on RENNtech website...
Old 12-06-2014, 05:18 PM

Mercedes Evo II
Originally Posted by Satanigh
My transmission was crashed after tune 700hp 1100Nm.

What blew up on the transmission? The transfer box/case correct?

In my experience 1100 Nm is too much for our ml transmission :-(

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 12-06-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:04 AM

2014 ML63
I get gthaus exhaust it turn to silence and noise mode, adv.1 wheels, vath fender extenders revozport rear lip and front diffuzer, rado motorsport downpipes and tune engine for 690 hp. So I buy the links for lowering, but not setup it yet. I very like vath extenders, but with them you need wheels ET10-15
Very good sound give offroad rado downpipes. I dont understand gt haus exhaust. In silence mode it works like the ml 350 in loud mode not louder than stock muffler
Looks like you have done quite a bit to your car, very impressive. What are the links for lowering, got a website for them
Old 12-07-2014, 07:30 AM

2014 ML63

Vath v63 rs1 - YouTube

ML63 Vath and Brabus - YouTube

Correct Sydney is home

700hp should make a good start, on the AMS website they state 700hp is achievable from just a tune An Alpha calibration file will take full advantage of your ML63’s ability. By precisely adjusting camshaft timing, boost output and air/fuel ratios, your 5.5L Biturbo equipped AMG will produce a massive 701 horsepower with no other form of modification!

Presently i am leaning towards an AMS tune, they have recommended a Rando down/mid pipe and i like the idea of the Brabus rear. Then i'll wait and see what their intake makes when its released
Old 12-07-2014, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
I also have links and if you do a search you'll find the post I made showing the install & source..
Old 12-07-2014, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here ya go
https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...mmed-pics.html
Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 PM

2014 ML63
Appreciate the link
Old 12-08-2014, 06:39 AM

2014 ML63
I also have links and if you do a search you'll find the post I made showing the install & source..
Just went to order a set but no shipping to PO box's , waiting on an email back with another method of payment.

I was originally going to purchase the Renntech digital lowering mod but i'll try this first, any reason to choose one over the other.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:32 AM

W166 ML63
What blew up on the transmission? The transfer box/case correct?

In my experience 1100 Nm is too much for our ml transmission :-(
In my wishes MCT transmission from cls63 amg. I will buy it and setup after winter. MCT normal take 1300 Nm torque
Old 12-08-2014, 06:58 PM

Mercedes Evo II
In my wishes MCT transmission from cls63 amg. I will buy it and setup after winter. MCT normal take 1300 Nm torque
Will this work

Back then when I was thinking about 800hp in my ml63, I thought about it but I was told it might not work... (Currently focused on my mb evo project)

My understanding was that the ml transmission is not the issue but more like the transfer box which is the weak link

Did your tuner confirmed he can install the cls gearbox?

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 12-08-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Mercedes Evo II
How is your awesome beast now on C mode suspension wise?

Can you go over bumps without any annoying little noise?
Hopefully you see what I mean lol
Old 01-08-2015, 06:42 AM

2014 ML63
How is your awesome beast now on C mode suspension wise?

Can you go over bumps without any annoying little noise?
Hopefully you see what I mean lol
Are you saying that lowering in this fashion will cause rattles throughout the car or will it pickup noise issues elsewhere, i am going to have mine fitted in the coming days
Old 02-21-2015, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you saying that lowering in this fashion will cause rattles throughout the car or will it pickup noise issues elsewhere, i am going to have mine fitted in the coming days
No
Old 02-22-2015, 05:20 PM

Mercedes Evo II
No
Awesome, " your way" is the correct one then
Old 06-12-2015, 05:58 AM

2014 ML63
I finally got back from overseas and now have my car back, Rado cat less center and an AMS tune. Didnt drive it for near to months but it certainly feels quick and sounds loud, very loud.

I lowered it two inches and it feels as tho it has become very bouncy in sport mode, at speed it feels unstable due to the bounce. Anyone had this ?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:11 AM

Mercedes Evo II
I am currently checking all the options available for us to get over 700hp on our ml63

-Brabus doesnt want to do it and i have sent them at least 3 e-mails and insisting...

-Mansory can do stage 2 and 3 up to a 1000hp but said they will only touch a stock 63amg so I will take my business elsewhere

I am leaning through Vath for 800hp but I am very curious of Weistec or AMS has someone tried them?

Last edited by EVOII_Racer; 06-13-2015 at 04:45 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:21 AM

2014 ML63
I am currently checking all the options available for us to get over 700hp on our ml63

-Brabus doesnt have want to do it and i have sent them at least 3 e-mails and insisting...

-Mansory can do stage 2 and 3 up to a 1000hp but said they will only touch a stock 63amg so I will take my business elsewhere

I am leaning through Vath for 800hp but I am very curious of Weistec or AMS has someone tried them?
I am going to say AMS, they have turbo and intake upgrades. I am curious to watch and would potentially follow suit of the results were good

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ML63 (W166) modifications