ML55 AMG, ML63 AMG (W163, W164) 1999 - 2011 Two Generations

How to kill the Maximum Speed Exceeded warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E500; ML63; X5M; LR3
How to kill the Maximum Speed Exceeded warning

When I travel above 120km/h the display shows Maximum Speed Exceeded warning and the cluster controls stop operating until speed drops below 120. I can set the cruise to my normal speed (140/150km/h) only if I set it when below 120.

I had the dealer check last time and they said they have no clue. I have a feeling it could be a Gulf States setting or something requiring button pushing, but does anyone know for sure? I don't have STAR but might get it just to fix this issue.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 E 300 Coupe and 2019 GLS 400
In my ML (Juffali, KSA) I get no warning. I'm willing to bet that you could remove the speed warning using STAR. But not thru the dealer, It's illegal and they don't want to be liable.
Plenty of independent Mercedes shops in the GCC, most of them have SDS perhaps one of them could disable that for you.

Good luck.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:46 AM

E500; ML63; X5M; LR3
Originally Posted by Solo wing
In my ML (Juffali, KSA) I get no warning. I'm willing to bet that you could remove the speed warning using STAR. But not thru the dealer, It's illegal and they don't want to be liable.
Plenty of independent Mercedes shops in the GCC, most of them have SDS perhaps one of them could disable that for you.

Good luck.
No speed warning on my other MBs or BMs here, just the one car. It's very annoying. I'll ask around more or just buy the tool and explore myself I guess if nobody knows for sure.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:07 PM

1997 E320
It's only on some Gulf State vehicles, I've seen in in Oman and Saudi when I was there last. My last one was turned of at the dealer through Star. Just have to know the right person willing to do it.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:08 AM

E500; ML63; X5M; LR3
Originally Posted by Eurow
It's only on some Gulf State vehicles, I've seen in in Oman and Saudi when I was there last. My last one was turned of at the dealer through Star. Just have to know the right person willing to do it.
Thanks. It's such a pain in the ***. Dealer refused to assist. I would buy the tool and do myself but I am selling the car soon. This isn't a convenience or a safety feature, but actually makes the car more dangerous and unpleasant to drive. It also has the effect of feeling like I'm driving a heap of crap.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 200 Komp.
Hello!
Could you solve this issue? What is the solution?
my CLK is do also.

Originally Posted by Kamisama
When I travel above 120km/h the display shows Maximum Speed Exceeded warning and the cluster controls stop operating until speed drops below 120. I can set the cruise to my normal speed (140/150km/h) only if I set it when below 120.

I had the dealer check last time and they said they have no clue. I have a feeling it could be a Gulf States setting or something requiring button pushing, but does anyone know for sure? I don't have STAR but might get it just to fix this issue.