RSE Wireless Headphone issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic, 2012 ML350 4Matic
RSE Wireless Headphone issue

Hi All-

Just purchased a 2012 ML350 with the Rear Seat Entertainment system (factory installed). We were provided with two sets of remotes and wireless headphones (P/N : A 212 870 47 89). The remotes work fine, and the audio plays great through the vehicle speakers. However, we haven't been able to get audio through the wireless headphones - which are supposed to be IR. No matter what we try, we haven't been able to get them to work. The part number is correct (according to the Parts tech), so - short of going back to the dealer - does anyone have any ideas on what we could be doing wrong?
Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM

'15 GL350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by bradshaw46
does anyone have any ideas on what we could be doing wrong?
Not to be disrespectful, but did you check to see if the headsets have batteries installed? They likely don't ship with them, and for an IR headphone to work, it needs power.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by twodivers
Not to be disrespectful, but did you check to see if the headsets have batteries installed? They likely don't ship with them, and for an IR headphone to work, it needs power.
No offense taken.

Yep, I've tried new batteries, all to no avail. Stopped into a dealership (not the one I bought it from) over the weekend, and they said that each vehicle's headsets have to be 'paired' to the system. I confirmed that I have the correct headphones, but the truck needs to go back in to have them fix it. I didn't have time to let that particular shop do it (was traveling out of town), so I'll take it back to my purchasing dealership to have them take care of it. I haven't been able to find any 'pairing' info online, so I'm presuming they'll have to do it. :-(
Old 05-23-2013, 06:09 PM

E350
No offense taken.

Yep, I've tried new batteries, all to no avail. Stopped into a dealership (not the one I bought it from) over the weekend, and they said that each vehicle's headsets have to be 'paired' to the system. I confirmed that I have the correct headphones, but the truck needs to go back in to have them fix it. I didn't have time to let that particular shop do it (was traveling out of town), so I'll take it back to my purchasing dealership to have them take care of it. I haven't been able to find any 'pairing' info online, so I'm presuming they'll have to do it. :-(
Did you manage to resolve it? I am facing the same situation
Old 06-08-2013, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by drshoaib
Did you manage to resolve it? I am facing the same situation
Yes, I did resolve it. Had to go back to the dealership and have them pair the headphones. Apparently, it's not a do-it-yourself job (which I think is RIDICULOUS, but that's a thread for another day). Hopefully you're still under warranty, but it does seem to take awhile (mine took about 1-2 hours at the dealership if I recall correctly). My advice is to make sure you have them add the total number of headsets you need. I made the mistake of only having them pair the 2 that came with the vehicle, and I have 3 kids. My third child uses a standard pair of plugin headphones, so it's not a big deal. But I would suggest buying additional headsets (if you need them) and have them pair all of them at the same time. That way, you're done with it.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GL350BT
Yes, I did resolve it. Had to go back to the dealership and have them pair the headphones. Apparently, it's not a do-it-yourself job (which I think is RIDICULOUS, but that's a thread for another day). Hopefully you're still under warranty, but it does seem to take awhile (mine took about 1-2 hours at the dealership if I recall correctly). My advice is to make sure you have them add the total number of headsets you need. I made the mistake of only having them pair the 2 that came with the vehicle, and I have 3 kids. My third child uses a standard pair of plugin headphones, so it's not a big deal. But I would suggest buying additional headsets (if you need them) and have them pair all of them at the same time. That way, you're done with it.

Good luck!
I've had my car for a month and today tried to set up the rear enetertainment for a road trip. Couldn't get the rear headphones to work, nothing. This sucks!

Sent note to my SA to confirm I have to bring vehicle back in to get them paired or not.

Pain in the butt! Why don't they set all this up when you buy the car before driving off the lot?????