M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

New ML 350 '13 owner!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
New ML 350 '13 owner!!!

So, I inherited a 2013, ML with less than 30k miles on it. I really love it, but the past owner ordered the vehicle without the keyless entry feature. Is this something that I can go to Mercedes and have them install? Also is there anyway to upgrade the radio? I only have 10 programmable satellite stations!!!

Thanks,

Neil
Old 02-23-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2017 GLC300 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
congrats! to be honest the keyless thing you dont really need, i mean the only plus is you can use your hand to unlock/lock and keep your key in your pocket when you drive, i mean me i use the remote to get in and out of the car and lock it more or less. The radio? is it with or without the HK7 system?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 350 bluetec
Dewolf is right. I had and E350 copue before and the keyless doesn't worth what you going to pay to install it. For womens may be because they always can have the key in her purse but for man, at least me, When I'm driving I dont like to have the keys im my pocket so I always had to take the key and put them in the cup holder. To have them there, its better to have them in its place instead to have them anywhere in the car.
I dont have HK but I know it has veeeery good sound if you are going to use CDs but if you are radio listener. Dont waste your money neither. MLs even without HK has very good sound, not surround but very good!!!
And... as far as I know, is very difficult to change to HK, almost imposible. What some people do is add an amp and woofer so you can have better sound if you are audiphile!!!
Let me know if you make some audio change. I'm audiphile
Old 02-23-2017, 10:24 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
GLE350d, Porsche TE
Anything can be added....at a cost.

Problably the easiest way to upgrade your existing sound at reasonable cost is change the speakers.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JLmb
Dewolf is right. I had and E350 copue before and the keyless doesn't worth what you going to pay to install it. For womens may be because they always can have the key in her purse but for man, at least me, When I'm driving I dont like to have the keys im my pocket so I always had to take the key and put them in the cup holder. To have them there, its better to have them in its place instead to have them anywhere in the car.
I dont have HK but I know it has veeeery good sound if you are going to use CDs but if you are radio listener. Dont waste your money neither. MLs even without HK has very good sound, not surround but very good!!!
And... as far as I know, is very difficult to change to HK, almost imposible. What some people do is add an amp and woofer so you can have better sound if you are audiphile!!!
Let me know if you make some audio change. I'm audiphile

if you ask me the HK7's reach goes wayyyy beyond the CDs, the radio, and ipod dongle (which i use) produces massive bass and sound, its well worth to have if your a sound person, i am huge music person myself
Old 02-24-2017, 12:06 PM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
2017 AMG GT, 2015 ML350, 2013 C300
Love the keyless entry (keylessgo). I have it in my ML350 but not in my C300. Its one thing I regret not getting in my C300.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLE 350 4matic-Porsche Cayman
HK7 is , in a word.....FANTASTIC!
It is way better sounding than my home stereo [Sony, Infinity,Klipsh]
Old 02-27-2017, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by easyedwin
HK7 is , in a word.....FANTASTIC!
It is way better sounding than my home stereo [Sony, Infinity,Klipsh]

i also have the soundsticks at home too
Old 03-03-2017, 04:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz 2013 ML 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by schneil
So, I inherited a 2013, ML with less than 30k miles on it. I really love it, but the past owner ordered the vehicle without the keyless entry feature. Is this something that I can go to Mercedes and have them install? Also is there anyway to upgrade the radio? I only have 10 programmable satellite stations!!!

Thanks,

Neil
Hello Neil. I too have a '13 ML350 without Keyless GO, and I had the same question as you. I have asked this question to a Service Advisor and Parts Department at my nearest Lithia Dealership (USA), and they said that it is not possible to install the Keyless GO feature because it requires a lot of wiring to go through the doors and the door handles (for the sensor), other than the control unit I guess. I was advised that Mercedes Benz does not do it as a upgrade. Personally, I had Keyless GO in my '14 C350 and I loved it. It helps a bit when my hands are full and I do not have to get my hands in my jeans' pocket and fiddle for the key fob!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML350 BlueTec
I have a ML350 '13 with Keyless GO. I like it a lot, but I dont use the push-button start.

I find the keyless go more convenient when leaving than getting into the car. Turn off the car and put keys in my jacket pocket and zip it up. After closing the door, just lock by touching the door handle. Great when your hands are busy carrying a sleeping kid out of your car.

I'm sure its no easy task wiring it. All 4 door panels probably need to be removed.