M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

missing blind spot radar module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 ML63 AMG '12 ml350
missing blind spot radar module

Just looking for opinion on how do handle this situation or just take my loss.
Took my ml350 to the dealer due to blind spot inop. Diagnosis needs both radars in rear bumper replaced. $2200.
Decided to fix it when I had more time... in the mean time research showed alot of owners experience radar/sensors issues during slushy or wet driving cinditions and most times a good clean will resolve it. Thinking back mine stopped working on one of those wet days.
So i figured I would take them out for a clean before spending the money on new ones. I could not believe the drivers side radar module was unplugged and the passenger side was missing. The dealer must have taken it without my knowledge.
So now I feel like they took the good one and left me the faulty one. Also is it common for both of them to break on same day or week? This is so not cool on their part. I dont believe its common to have parts removed without telling the owner regardless if they are broken etc. And to leave the other one unplugged. Thoughts? Thanks
Old 10-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
that would be pretty bold. what does the service sheet say? does it indicate broken and discarded? i would have a discussion with the service manager at the least. good luck, ron
Old 10-20-2017, 04:54 PM

'07 ML63 AMG '12 ml350
Originally Posted by rcsjr
that would be pretty bold. what does the service sheet say? does it indicate broken and discarded? i would have a discussion with the service manager at the least. good luck, ron
Nope it does not. Sheet says "see estimate for new rear radar sensors". Why did they only take 1 of them and leave the other disconnected. I should have been notified of parts removed.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 e class 2012 ml350
Originally Posted by benski
Just looking for opinion on how do handle this situation or just take my loss.
Took my ml350 to the dealer due to blind spot inop. Diagnosis needs both radars in rear bumper replaced. $2200.
Decided to fix it when I had more time... in the mean time research showed alot of owners experience radar/sensors issues during slushy or wet driving cinditions and most times a good clean will resolve it. Thinking back mine stopped working on one of those wet days.
So i figured I would take them out for a clean before spending the money on new ones. I could not believe the drivers side radar module was unplugged and the passenger side was missing. The dealer must have taken it without my knowledge.
So now I feel like they took the good one and left me the faulty one. Also is it common for both of them to break on same day or week? This is so not cool on their part. I dont believe its common to have parts removed without telling the owner regardless if they are broken etc. And to leave the other one unplugged. Thoughts? Thanks
I'm no help to your situation, but they might have done you a favour, if you took the truck in for diag is because they where not working, i have seen lots of them cause no start when damaged internal, regardless they should have detailed info on the work order.

Last edited by f4i 954; 10-20-2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 10-22-2017, 07:10 PM

'07 ML63 AMG '12 ml350
Originally Posted by f4i 954
I'm no help to your situation, but they might have done you a favour, if you took the truck in for diag is because they where not working, i have seen lots of them cause no start when damaged internal, regardless they should have detailed info on the work order.
Well exactly if thats the case then just tell me what you did they left two harnesses hanging in rear bumper collecting crap. But 2 modules crapping out on the same day thats what I question.
Anyway I will accept the scenario its done and I will find a new dealer to service my suv. 2 of them.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by benski
Well exactly if thats the case then just tell me what you did they left two harnesses hanging in rear bumper collecting crap. But 2 modules crapping out on the same day thats what I question.
Anyway I will accept the scenario its done and I will find a new dealer to service my suv. 2 of them.
up to you, but if it were me, i would still have a discussion with service manager. maybe one was already missing and the other had to be disconnected to balance the system. i have no idea. i always give the benefit of the doubt, but if i lose faith, never see me again. good luck, ron

oh, and i'll clearly tell you that you will never see me again, exactly why you won't see me, and what i will tell anyone that asks me about you (i will not, however, go on a posting rant). ron

Last edited by RA112623; 10-23-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:41 AM

'07 ML63 AMG '12 ml350
Originally Posted by rcsjr
up to you, but if it were me, i would still have a discussion with service manager. maybe one was already missing and the other had to be disconnected to balance the system. i have no idea. i always give the benefit of the doubt, but if i lose faith, never see me again. good luck, ron

oh, and i'll clearly tell you that you will never see me again, exactly why you won't see me, and what i will tell anyone that asks me about you (i will not, however, go on a posting rant). ron
Waiting for service manager to call me back since thursday. Unless this system can operate with one module anything is possible. If not then I dont see how it can go missing nobody else has been around my car.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2017 GLC300 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
you didnt have this problem when you took delivery of the car? did you buy new or CPO ( i didnt read the other responses so if i missed something i apologize)
Old 10-24-2017, 09:49 AM

'07 ML63 AMG '12 ml350
Originally Posted by drwolf
you didnt have this problem when you took delivery of the car? did you buy new or CPO ( i didnt read the other responses so if i missed something i apologize)
No my blind spot has worked fine till the slushy day when it became inop. I took it in for diagnosis they said I need both replaced. I had to reschedule to get it fixed. Find it strange they both expired on same day. Anyway I wanted to try and clean the radars before spending $2K+ thats when I realized one was missing and the other was unplugged with the wire harness hanging there. None of this was documented. I spoke to service manager and was told the tech cannot remember the suv. I will look for another dealer. Thanks
Old 10-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Banned

yup. put a fork in them.