Squealing noise while driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Squealing noise while driving

Hello,

I purchased my 2012 ML350 used a year and half ago. After putting 20k miles, it was time to do some maintenance.

I replaced all 4 tires to Michelin Premier LTX, all 4 brake pads (mercedes pads), 2 front zimmerman rotors and front left brake caliper but still having issue.

Now... here comes the issue. I originally replaced all pads with textar pads because local indie shop said rotors are fine. A day later, I started to hear the squealing noise while driving and noise stops as soon as I brake. Told this issue to the shop and they replaced the textar pads again through warranty. After the 2nd set of textar pads, still same issue. Shop told me that new rotors are needed. So I told them you replace the rotors. Still had the noise, they said pads have to be OE pads. So told them to replace the pads to MB pads. Still same issue.. this is driving me nuts.

1 squealing noise every 1 tire rotation only from front left wheel that stops as soon as I brake. So, if I drive faster, I would hear more frequent high pitched squealing noise.

Indie shop suspected brake caliper not releasing far enough causing brake pads and rotor friction noise. So, today they replaced the front left caliper and on the way back home, I heard the squealing noise again.

Local indie shop says there is nothing that they can do. They've replaced all the necessary parts. They said dust collector? or that metal part behind the rotors are not touching the rotors or calipers.

Any of you had this issue? I spend about 1700 already and there is nothing that indie shop can replace at this point.