Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!

Need Tire Advice for 2014 E550 4 Matic Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe, 2014 E550 sedan 4 matic
Smile Need Tire Advice for 2014 E550 4 Matic Sedan

Hi there! I'm a newbie so please be kind! I'll be picking up my new 2014 E550 4 Matic Sedan in a week from an out of area dealer. The car comes equipped with all weather tires. I will be driving it for roughly 6-7 months in nasty winter weather (ND) before I officially move back to CA. I've been hearing conflicting advice from non-MB folks on whether or not I should have winter tires put on it. Some say even with an all wheel drive system winter tires are a must while others say the 4 Matic with all weather tires for one winter should be more than sufficient.

Any advice from 4 Matic MB folks??? I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 AMG E53 Coupe
I have a GL550 w/ 4Matic - so I'm a bit prejudiced - but I don't think you need to throw your money away. The torque will be more than sufficient - especially for the duration you are discussing.... My opinion, but, I'd stay with your equipped all-weather rubber! Good luck and enjoy the ride! I miss my E550. She was a fast and sporty mamma jammah!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe, 2014 E550 sedan 4 matic
Originally Posted by docskippy
I have a GL550 w/ 4Matic - so I'm a bit prejudiced - but I don't think you need to throw your money away. The torque will be more than sufficient - especially for the duration you are discussing.... My opinion, but, I'd stay with your equipped all-weather rubber! Good luck and enjoy the ride! I miss my E550. She was a fast and sporty mamma jammah!
Thank you so much for your reply and opinion! Yeah on one hand I get the importance of winter tires but then on the other it seems like a waste of money especially given my situation. This is my first 4 Matic MB. My other two (2005 E500 and 2010 E550 Coupe) were 2WD. So, I'm a virgin to this system and want nothing but the best for me and the car of course when dealing with my last winter. Godspeed!

Congrats on your GL550/4Matic! They are amazing machines. Beautiful too. Far better equipped for extreme weather conditions than the sedans/coupes I think. I almost got one instead of the E but I'm such an E class fanatic that I decided not too especially given my one more winter situation.
Thanks again for your opinion! It has helped!