MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   New Members Check In! (https://mbworld.org/forums/new-members-check-179/)
-   -   New here - hoping for a solid resource group (https://mbworld.org/forums/new-members-check/641538-new-here-hoping-solid-resource-group.html)

CaptainKirk2016 10-20-2016 11:25 AM

New here - hoping for a solid resource group

Ladies/Gents:

I'm a current owner of a 2008 Diamond White Edition CLS550 AMG. I call it "The Poser". I like it a lot but find myself wanting more. While it has the 700+ watt Bang stereo, tighter suspension, and AMG facia/diffuser, it doesn't have the braking/wheel package or the power I find myself wanting. Been thinking about doing some upgrades but one thing just leads to another and in the end, I'm wondering should I just upgrade to an AMG version instead? Spent some time on "another" forum that was absolutely useless and so I hope I can find some like minded technical enthusiasts here!

dbldpr 10-20-2016 01:48 PM

Welcome Please post picture of your ride

CaptainKirk2016 10-20-2016 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dbldpr (Post 6947171)
Welcome Please post picture of your ride

I'd much rather see your '69! Dang. One of my dream cars.

OK, didn't realize after owning this car for so many years that I only have one picture of it. Time to change that. I'm heading to the car wash and then I'm taking some good pics. I've added the only one I have to my signature for now and here it is:

dbldpr 10-20-2016 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk2016 (Post 6947203)

OK, didn't realize after owning this car for so many years that I only have one picture of it. Time to change that. I'm heading to the car wash and then I'm taking some good pics. I've added the only one I have to my signature for now and here it is:

IMG_0291.JPG here it is

dbldpr 10-20-2016 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk2016 (Post 6947203)

here is one moreIMG_0292.JPG

AZN Optics 10-22-2016 01:13 AM

Welcome to MBWorld. Brakes and wheels can always be upgraded.... power... have you considered a tune? Headers? secondary cat delete? There are some power mods which can help, but yeah, nothing beats that hand built AMG monster of an engine. Your call if the price point makes sense.

CaptainKirk2016 10-22-2016 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dbldpr (Post 6947462)
here is one moreIMG_0292.JPG

Did you commission the build, do it yourself, or buy it done? I've been noodling all three and finally decided maybe get my "fix" by doing something with a new-to-me AMG.

Very nice car!