Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c43 vs c63 - Please help me pick a car based on my budget!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi a3
c43 vs c63 - Please help me pick a car based on my budget!!

Hello guys! Brand new member here from Florida in the USA!

So, I'm about to graduate college and I've managed to acquire a job for when I graduate that pays a lot of money (to me at least, like possibly in the range of 95K+) I was a major nerd in college, and studied my *** off to get a job in finance that I'd be proud of.

Anyways, because of the fact that I basically spent the last 4.5 years of my life withering away in a library I feel like I should reward myself by getting one of my dream cars. A car that will make me really really really happy.....a FAST CAR!

I've had my eyes set on either the C43 AMG, or of course... the monstrous C63 AMG. The C43 AMG is around ~720 a month, while the C63 AMG is around ~940 a month.

Based upon my salary (this is the most important factor - don't want to be spendthrift...), and the fact that I will be living rent free for the first 2 years of work, what car would you recommend I get?

Last edited by hamptons28; 03-20-2017 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to the forum...
C63 > C43...
Old 03-22-2017, 01:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Welcome to MBWorld! Congrats on the decent job straight out of college. Agree, C63 AMG, but drive both before you determine what you want. Good luck with the purchase, be sure to pop into the AMG specific section of this thread for additional input.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi a3
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to MBWorld! Congrats on the decent job straight out of college. Agree, C63 AMG, but drive both before you determine what you want. Good luck with the purchase, be sure to pop into the AMG specific section of this thread for additional input.
Originally Posted by MJ50
welcome to the forum...
C63 > C43...
of course I'd rather have the AMG! And thank you Prlican!

But the real question is... Do you think I can afford it?
Old 03-22-2017, 02:26 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
You're the one that will need to determine that. I'd sit down and look over your finances. Living rent free for 2 years, but then having to pay for rent after that AND the car payment. It will add up. I just bought a brand new truck, mostly for towing, and the payment is $700 a month, but I financed it vs. leasing it. If it were me, I'd probably start at the lower range of the spectrum. When the lease is up and you've had time to see how your finances go after college, then you could upgrade. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
First of all congratulation both on your graduation as well as asking the right questions in your adult life!!

my answer is that "afford" means different things to different people

you're a finance guy so you're asking the right question, but what else will be in your cost of living, how aggressively do you want to invest and save your hard earned money?

Cost of ownership of both the c43 and 63 is well beyond the acquisition price after tax title and license and doc fees.

I hear your need to get that dream car, but what else would you consider? Are you ok with a cpo car that already took a big depreciation hit?
Old 03-22-2017, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 CLS550
Definitely because you are young, go with the C43 for now. Insurance will eat you alive on the big V8. Also, I recommend a 1 to 2 yr old car, CPO with low miles. I just got my 2014 CLS550 with 7600 miles. It's still brand new. Sticker on the car was originally $83K. I got it for $49K. Yeah it's a couple years old but new car smell is still there and I saved $34K. Plus even if you get a 1 yr old that's $10K less you get balance of factory warranty so 3 yrs bumper to bumper plus 1 year unlimited mileage. So basically you get 4 yrs unlimited mileage warranty. That is the best way to buy the car. I swear by it.