Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from So Cal / 08 CLK 550 Cabrio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK550, 2015 GLK350 4 Matic, 2017 GLE
Greetings from So Cal / 08 CLK 550 Cabrio

Wow, this car is incredible. So glad to join this community. Any suggestions on what type of stereo I could have installed in my new bay. I would like a complete system, with back up camera as well. If that is a clean add on? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks again.
PT835
Old 04-10-2022, 10:22 AM

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts
2017 SL450, 2017 Ford Expedition, 2007 CLK 550, 2019 Buick Enclave
Hey PT...

I am trying to do what you asked about a couple of years ago in this thread. I tried to send you a message to ask if you found a way to do it, but you do not accept private messages. I am hoping that a reply to this thread might trigger your email. If so, can we discuss what you ended up doing? I am trying to figure a way to do the exact same thing if you can help.
Old 04-10-2022, 11:12 AM

Stereo install

Originally Posted by Panama
Hey PT...

I am trying to do what you asked about a couple of years ago in this thread. I tried to send you a message to ask if you found a way to do it, but you do not accept private messages. I am hoping that a reply to this thread might trigger your email. If so, can we discuss what you ended up doing? I am trying to figure a way to do the exact same thing if you can help.

Good Day Panama

Can you believe I just sold my beauty last week!!! Killed me ti do it. The only saving grace was that I made $5000 on the sale.

I had an Alpine touch screen unit installed with a back up camera, Amp and steering wheel controls worked perfectly. The sound was amazing with the original MBZ speaker system. I went to a reputable car stereo shop in my hometown. The entire job looked flawless. I also kept the original stereo and all the harness pieces. The new owner was thrilled.

I will own that car again!

Blessings,

PT
Old 04-10-2022, 11:32 AM

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts
2017 SL450, 2017 Ford Expedition, 2007 CLK 550, 2019 Buick Enclave
Originally Posted by PT835
Good Day Panama

Can you believe I just sold my beauty last week!!! Killed me ti do it. The only saving grace was that I made $5000 on the sale.

I had an Alpine touch screen unit installed with a back up camera, Amp and steering wheel controls worked perfectly. The sound was amazing with the original MBZ speaker system. I went to a reputable car stereo shop in my hometown. The entire job looked flawless. I also kept the original stereo and all the harness pieces. The new owner was thrilled.

Blessings,

PT
Thank you for the reply. You probably don't have them but any informative specifics would be very helpful.... if you remember or have them. I like that it worked and looked good and would like to exactly replicate the project as you did it. Alpine makes a lot of stuff ... and I woukd like to copy someone that actually had one that looked and worked good. Was it one kit with the backup camera included or was the backup camera an add on...if you remember.

We have a 2017 SL 450 along with this CLK 550. The CLK is Mars Red with a black top and beige interior. It is about as pleasurable to drive as the SL. We were shopping for a used convertible and ran across it. We bought it the first morning it hit the dealer as a trade. It had not even been cleaned up yet. We had been looking about a month... My wife saw it .... and said.. - that's the car I want to buy. LOL.

It did not have Bluetooth or a backup camera. We fixed the Bluetooth issue...now for the backup camera. She absolutely LOVES this car... I know you miss the one you sold. Would be tough to have to sell ours. Any specifics or anything to help us zero in on this would be appreciated.
Old 04-10-2022, 01:20 PM

Email me Panama

pt835@pacbell.net

Originally Posted by PT835
Good Day Panama

Blessings,

PT
Old 04-11-2022, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
welcome to mbworld...