Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Mercedes E 320 Battery Drain (Solved)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 11:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2004 Mercedes E Class
2004 Mercedes E 320 Battery Drain (Solved)

Ok, I normally do not post anything or actually do anything like this but after having the problems that I had for over 2 weeks, I thought it was my duty to help anyone else out with the same problem. I struggled with this problem for a long time and could not find anything in the threads that would help me so here goes. I was have a severe drain on my battery overnight. Checking with an ammeter the normal way did not show any parasitic draw. I went through two different batteries, replaced my auxiliary battery and check my alternator. So all these tests checked out fine. I would have the problem where I would drive my car with a full battery. Turn off the car and let it sit for a few hours and it would drain from 12.7V to 12.3V in a short time and if left overnight-below 12 Volts. BUT if I disconnected the battery and reconnected it the drain would fully stop. I could leave it for two days and NO battery drain. And then if I would take the car out and drive it again, bring it home and park it and leave battery cables connected it would drain the battery again. Also I would notice while driving the car the ESP fault would intermittently come on and then go off after driving a couple miles. Sooo any way long story short I ordered a Battery control module from EBAY for $95 and replaced the old one and problem solved. I hoping that this post will help someone out and not have to go through the hell that I did!

The following 3 users liked this post by geneengel:
BrokenCdi (02-20-2019), dbldpr (02-20-2019), jwb007 (09-07-2019)
Old 07-12-2021, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005W209
That battery drain sounds almost the same as mine. I have been searching for a similar problem, but was having a hard time explaining the situation with the battery goes bad only after the car starts, but if it's disconnected and reconnected but not started, it doesn't go bad. I'm going to try to research mine more to see if this is the problem with mine, but thank you for the hint!