Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

‘15 GLK 250 Center Console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLK 250 BT
‘15 GLK 250 Center Console

I have lost a prepaid card in the center console of my ‘15 GLK 250. I need to get into the area where the cover rolls into. Anyone provide instructions after I get the temp control off?
Old 04-13-2019, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome. I would suggest going to the dealer and asking
Old 04-13-2019, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GLK 250 BT
I managed to get the card out myself. I try to avoid the dealer as much as possible unless its a warranty item :-
Old 03-04-2020, 08:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1993 190E, 2011 ML350, 2014 ML350, 2003 BMW 540i, 2013 GLK 350, 2014
Drilled an opening to pull out trapped credit cards

2013 GLK.. I too had items trapped under the console compartment area. After removing the heater controls and trim around the sliding door, I carefully pried the louver door out of its track. Like taking a bicycle tire off the rim, I used a small screw driver to pry each slat out one at a time. Removing the torx screw on each side helped the slide guide give enough to get each slat over the top.

After removing the small rubber mat, the flat plastic area most forward was revealed and the louver door was now also out of the way. Taking a power drill with a 1 inch wide bit (or similar), I drilled two holes adjacent/overlapping and created an area wide enough to get two credit cards, two receipts, and three business cards out. Combined routed out area got the items out by long nose pliers grabbing the shorter edges of the cards and pulling through the hole. Sticking a long skinny screw driver through area I could see the cards helped get them into position near the opening. A vacuum cleaner hose also helped get them closer to the opening. Was surprised all that came out.

I sealed the opening with duct tape and reinforced all edges of the taped area with electrical tape. The opening doesn’t hurt the integrity of the part and also the molded rubber mat snugly fits in the area so the compartment can be used. Can’t even sense there’s a small covered opening under the small mat as it fits so tight, the mat doesn’t move at all.

Also bought Heavy Duty Felt Pad tape from Home Depot 1/2 in X 58 in peel and stick tape. I cut a piece the width of the louver door opening and stuck it along the top edge to close the critical gap where cards pass and disappear.

I buttoned it all up and the louver door slides nice with very little resistance. Now for a card to go under the area, it has to be deliberate.