W222 a "heavily facelifted" W221? Rides on same core chassis/architecture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by K-A
That's referring to the 3 Series which is far different from the F10. And yes back then I was clinging to the notion that there was something special about MB. My disdain toward BMW at the time was mostly denial and it was pretty transparent.
So in other words BMW is allowed to cheap out on the 3-Series right? Their most important car? See how dumb that sounds?

M
Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Wrong. I factually know and have proof that there are superiorities within BMW. I will always choose what's best to me. Mercedes was a nostalgia thing but I couldn't help but finally realize the F10 was everything I ever wished from MB. Now I know why personally.... because it was. Mercedes let me down, big time, but it was a learning experience and I grew from it.

If BMW slip up the same way then hell yeah I'll go somewhere different and say how much better the new one is. The world doesn't stay still. However, right now BMW make the best car for me and all they have to do is keep it up.
What you "know" isn't proof of anything. Prove it for us all to see. Otherwise you have nothing.

Saying "I know" is a JOKE. You also "knew" a lot things about MB vs BMW last year and turns out you didn't know ****e.

What you know is that you prefer the 5 to the E, you know nothing about the whole of the 2 companies.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-01-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:45 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Really says who? Prove it from an engineering standpoint that there is problem. Prove it with facts from a credible source. Much larger car than the 5-Series and it is more rigid would make the S-Class' figure a triumph in my limited, common sense based opinion. A smaller car like the 5er would be easier to make more rigid. Even you should be able to follow that.

WHAT ARE THE CHINESE PARTS IN THE E-CLASS?

Notice how you have less and less to say now? Clearly you're done. Now you'll nitpick the little scraps you have left.

Waiting to hear an engineers view as to why there is problem with the chassis rigidity with the S-Class.

M
I have less to say because I'm typing on my piece of crap Samsung phone, don't get too exited chief.

The Chinese parts are all over there E Class. It's cheap and cost cut everywhere. You seem to not understand how percentages work.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
I have less to say because I'm typing on my piece of crap Samsung phone, don't get too exited chief.

The Chinese parts are all over there E Class. It's cheap and cost cut everywhere. You seem to not understand how percentages work.
You don't seem to know what the parts are? Again, what parts of the E-Class are Chinese made and how do they affect the E-Class' ride, handling, engine, suspension, interior, technology? It is a very simple question.

M
Old 10-01-2013, 12:53 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

What you "know" isn't proof of anything. Prove it for us all to see. Otherwise you have nothing.

Saying "I know" is a JOKE. You also "knew" a lot things about MB vs BMW last year and turns out you didn't know ****e.

M
LOL I've backed up ALL my claims with facts about the 5's VAST superiorities in EVERY way yet they're all met with selective judgement, denial and fanboy apologies for MB. You're simply being thick as you refuse to see how I painted you the picture then confirmed it by showing you the math. Again it'll go over your head after this post, met with denial.

The 3 drives like MB can only wish they can make a small car drive, but BMW screwed up its interior like MB did to the E, I.e "cheap".
Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
LOL I've backed up ALL my claims with facts about the 5's VAST superiorities in EVERY way yet they're all met with selective judgement, denial and fanboy apologies for MB. You're simply being thick as you refuse to see how I painted you the picture then confirmed it by showing you the math. Again it'll go over your head after this post, met with denial.

The 3 drives like MB can only wish they can make a small car drive, but BMW screwed up its interior like MB did to the E, I.e "cheap".

So in other words you have nothing besides the turbo I6 and the 8-Speed ZF transmission? HUD, LEDs and e-parking brake are bull**** items that don't mean squat and are not vastly superior things. Hyperbole again.

Now the 3 drives so great while it rusts from the inside out right? Too bad BMW can't get their quality right.

M
Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

You don't seem to know what the parts are? Again, what parts of the E-Class are Chinese made and how do they affect the E-Class' ride, handling, engine, suspension, interior, technology? It is a very simple question.

M
And I've answered it. Half the car is Chinese therefore the effects are all throughout it. The whole car feels and drives cost cut. It makes sense how MB can get away with ridiculous 20+% discounts.

Why apologize for MB being a class leader in cost cut Chinese parts? You'll allow them to get away with anything emotionally yet you mentally know to not give them your money anymore.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
And I've answered it. Half the car is Chinese therefore the effects are all throughout it. The whole car feels and drives cost cut. It makes sense how MB can get away with ridiculous 20+% discounts.

Why apologize for MB being a class leader in cost cut Chinese parts? You'll allow them to get away with anything emotionally yet you mentally know to not give them your money anymore.

Now 40% is half? What kind of math is that?

AGAIN, WHAT ARE THE PARTS THAT ARE CHINESE MADE?

Now the whole car drives as if it is "cost cut" yet you don't know where those costs were cut? Make sense to someone like you I guess.

What part of explaining and giving details don't you understand? I am not apologizing or accepting anything, I'm simply asking you what back up what you're saying with a single fact here. What are the parts? You simply don't know. Now 40% is 50% which is the same as half right?

M
Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

So in other words you have nothing besides the turbo I6 and the 8-Speed ZF transmission? HUD, LEDs and e-parking brake are bull**** items that don't mean squat and are not vastly superior things. Hyperbole again.

Now the 3 drives so great while it rusts from the inside out right?

M
Hahaha this is what I'm talking about, denial! Look at yourself man! Do you see what you write?

What else is a car made up of? DRIVETRAIN/TECH/CHASSIS/SUSPENSION/WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION/FEATURES/GADGETS/SAFETY.

Those are ALL areas the 5 factually does better. To you anything without the Star on it is "bullish***". You literally would day a 5 Series' advancements from a newly releases MB horse and carriage are meaningless, based on how you judge cars.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Hahaha this is what I'm talking about, denial! Look at yourself man! Do you see what you write?

What else is a car made up of? DRIVETRAIN/TECH/CHASSIS/SUSPENSION/WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION/FEATURES/GADGETS/SAFETY.

Those are ALL areas the 5 factually does better. To you anything without the Star on it is "bullish***". You literally would day a 5 Series' advancements from a newly releases MB horse and carriage are meaningless, based on how you judge cars.

SO IN OTHER WORDS YOU DON'T HAVE ****? WHAT ARE THE PARTS? YOU GAVE THE PERCENTAGE BUT YOU CAN'T COME UP WITH THE PARTS? I LISTED THOSE THING THINGS FOR YOU?

DO YOU THINK THE E-CLASS ENGINE IS CHINESE MADE?

SUSPENSION?

WHAT PARTS?

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PARTS GO INTO A MODERN CAR? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING?

WHAT ARE THE PARTS AND HOW DO THEY AFFECT THE E-CLASS? LIST THEM.

YOU CAN'T.

YOU'RE SO LIMITED THAT JUST LAST YEAR YOU THOUGHT THE E-CLASS WAS THE BEST THING ON WHEELS AND NOW SINCE YOU HAVE A 5-SERIES THE E IS JUNK AND JUST LIKE A TYPICAL CLUELESS CONSUMER YOU'VE SEEN SOMETHING THAT SAID THE E HAD CHINESE PARTS AND YOU WERE HAPPY WITH THAT UNTIL YOU SAW A PIECE OF PAPER, NOW YOU CAN'T GET IT OUT YOUR HEAD, THOUGH YOU STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PARTS ARE.

M
Old 10-01-2013, 01:07 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Now 40% is half? What kind of math is that?

AGAIN, WHAT ARE THE PARTS THAT ARE CHINESE MADE?

Now the whole car drives as if it is "cost cut" yet you don't know where those costs were cut? Make sense to someone like you I guess.

What part of explaining and giving details don't you understand? I am not apologizing or accepting anything, I'm simply asking you what back up what you're saying with a single fact here. What are the parts? You simply don't know. Now 40% is 50% which is the same as half right?

M
Wow, getting desperate are we. So you're clinging to 10%? Sorry, ALMOST half.

The E is 40% Chinese parts, the 5 15% Chinese parts. Pull that gloriously hard head out of your butt and realize what that means and how it contributes to the entire point I'm trying to make here, I.e the 5 being on a holistically much higher level with every shred of proof and experience to confirm it.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Wow, getting desperate are we. So you're clinging to 10%? Sorry, ALMOST half.

The E is 40% Chinese parts, the 5 15% Chinese parts. Pull that gloriously hard head out of your butt and realize what that means and how it contributes to the entire point I'm trying to make here, I.e the 5 being on a holistically much higher level with every shred of proof and experience to confirm it.
Nope not at all, just calling you out on your never ending bull****.

40% is not HALF of anything as you now admit.

AGAIN, WHAT PARTS OF THE E ARE CHINESE AND HOW ARE THEY AFFECTING THE 5-SERIES.

IS IT THE ENGINE?
TRANSMISSION?
WINDSHIELD?
SEATS?
NAV?
SUSPENSION?
DASHBOARD?
STEERING KNUCKLES?
BUMPERS?
LIGHTS?
WEATHER STRIPPING?
TIRES?
WIPER BLADES?

WHAT PARTS ARE CHINESE? HOW DO THEY AFFECT THE E-CLASS? THE POINT IS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PARTS ARE SO YOU CAN'T CLAIM THAT THEY HAVE AN AFFECT ON THE CAR? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PARTS ARE?!?!?!?

M
Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Nope not at all, just calling you out on your never ending bull****.

40% is not HALF of anything as you now admit.

IS IT THE ENGINE?
TRANSMISSION?
WINDSHIELD?
SEATS?
NAV?
SUSPENSION?
DASHBOARD?
STEERING KNUCKLES?
BUMPERS?
LIGHTS?
WEATHER STRIPPING?
TIRES?
WIPER BLADES?

WHAT PARTS ARE CHINESE? HOW DO THEY AFFECT THE E-CLASS? THE POINT IS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PARTS ARE SO YOU CAN'T CLAIM THAT THEY HAVE AN AFFECT ON THE CAR? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PARTS ARE?!?!?!?

M
Hahaha. You're really losing it. Almost HALF of EVERYTHING that physically is the E is Chinese. It affects the WHOLE car. Now go back and read everything I said the 5 kills the E on and see if you are capable of drawing proper conclusions.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Hahaha. You're really losing it. Almost HALF of EVERYTHING that physically is the E is Chinese. It affects the WHOLE car. Now go back and read everything I said the 5 kills the E on and see if you are capable of drawing proper conclusions.

IS IT THE ENGINE?
TRANSMISSION?
WINDSHIELD?
SEATS?
NAV?
SUSPENSION?
DASHBOARD?
STEERING KNUCKLES?
BUMPERS?
LIGHTS?
WEATHER STRIPPING?
TIRES?
WIPER BLADES?

M
Old 10-01-2013, 01:24 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

IS IT THE ENGINE?
TRANSMISSION?
WINDSHIELD?
SEATS?
NAV?
SUSPENSION?
DASHBOARD?
STEERING KNUCKLES?
BUMPERS?
LIGHTS?
WEATHER STRIPPING?
TIRES?
WIPER BLADES?

M
40% of the entire car is Chinese. A class leader in the worst way (hey it's gotta lead in something).
Old 10-01-2013, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
40% of the entire car is Chinese. A class leader in the worst way (hey it's gotta lead in something).

IS IT THE ENGINE?
TRANSMISSION?
WINDSHIELD?
SEATS?
NAV?
SUSPENSION?
DASHBOARD?
STEERING KNUCKLES?
BUMPERS?
LIGHTS?
WEATHER STRIPPING?
TIRES?
WIPER BLADES?

M
Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Lol so you want to play this game? You have made your full transformation into the repeatedly questioning child who can't comprehend.

OK it'll save me time as well:

ALMOST HALF OF THE E IS CHINESE MATERIAL. THE PARTS ARE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK, TOUCH AND DRIVE ON. THEY EFFECT THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE AND QUALITY OF THE CAR IN BOTH TANGIBLE FEEL AND OPERATION. THE E CLASS IS AN OVERALL COMPROMISED AND COST CUT CAR WHEN COMPARED TO ITS CLOSEST COMPETITOR WHO USES ONLY 15% CHEAPER CHINESE PARTS AND HAS 25% MORE GERMAN CONTENT THEN THE E CLASS DOES.

Maybe that speaks your language better.

Now I have something to copy/paste as well.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Lol so you want to play this game? You have made your full transformation into the repeatedly questioning child who can't comprehend.

OK it'll save me time as well:

ALMOST HALF OF THE E IS CHINESE MATERIAL. THE PARTS ARE EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK, TOUCH AND DRIVE ON. THEY EFFECT THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE AND QUALITY OF THE CAR IN BOTH TANGIBLE FEEL AND OPERATION. THE E CLASS IS AN OVERALL COMPROMISED AND COST CUT CAR WHEN COMPARED TO ITS CLOSEST COMPETITOR WHO USES ONLY 15% CHEAPER CHINESE PARTS AND HAS 25% MORE GERMAN CONTENT THEN THE E CLASS DOES.

Maybe that speaks your language better.

Now I have something to copy/paste as well.

And until your limited self can come up with what those parts are you don't know what you're talking about.

Period.

If you don't know what the parts are how can you tell what they're doing to the car? It is very basic common sense.

M
Old 10-01-2013, 01:38 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

And until you're limited self can come up with what those parts are you don't know what you're talking about.

Period.

M
Man are you a desperate MB apologist. Only MB can get away with cost cutting a car with class leading Chinese parts and get away with it.

I know exactly where the parts are: Everywhere. 40% is almost half the entire vehicle.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Why you find some inane and nonsensical argument to try and justify such extensive Chinese part content on the E is beyond me. The 5 is ACTUALLY a more German car, that's what we pay for, and it SHOWS ask over the quality and performance of the 5.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Man are you a desperate MB apologist. Only MB can get away with cost cutting a car with class leading Chinese parts and get away with it.

I know exactly where the parts are: Everywhere. 40% is almost half the entire vehicle.
Nope. Just asking you to explain and back up your bull**** with one fact.

What are the parts that are Chinese? How do these parts affect the car? You can keep calling me whatever you like, but until you answer this very basic common sense question you aren't saying ****.

I know for a fact and have the links to prove it, that the engine, transmission and seats are all German made by Mercedes in house. What do you have? NOTHING.

M
Old 10-01-2013, 01:46 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Nope. Just asking you to explain and back up your bull**** with one fact.

What are the parts that are Chinese? How do these parts affect the car? You can keep calling me whatever you like, but until you answer this very basic common sense question you aren't saying ****.

I know for a fact and have the links to prove it, that the engine, transmission and seats are all German made by Mercedes in house. What do you have? NOTHING.

M
You have assumption. I have fact. 40% of the E is Chinese material.

The interior materials are clearly cheap and cost cut. The engine may be German made but the components can be Chinese.

Fact is 40% is 40% and it's the most in class. I want my German car to ACTUALLY be German. If I buy a Chinese car then I accept high Chinese part content.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
You have assumption. I have fact. 40% of the E is Chinese material.

The interior materials are clearly cheap and cost cut. The engine may be German made but the components can be Chinese.

Fact is 40% is 40% and it's the most in class. I want my German car to ACTUALLY be German. If I buy a Chinese car then I accept high Chinese part content.

ALL YOU HAVE IS ASSUMPTION, AGAIN WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE AS TO WHAT PARTS ARE CHINESE MADE ON THE E-CLASS? PROVE IT.

I CAN PROVE THAT THE ENGINE, TRANSMISSION AND SEATS ARE ALL GERMAN MADE IN HOUSE.

YOU CAN'T PROVE ****.

PROVE WHAT PARTS OF THE E-CLASS ARE CHINESE MADE.

WTF AM I ASSUMING?

SEE HOW YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING, YOU'RE SIMPLY STUCK ON STUPID AND KEEP REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EVEN WHEN ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION.

PROVE WHAT THE PARTS ARE AND HOW THEY AFFECT THE CAR. IT ISN'T THE ENGINE, TRANSMISSION OR SEATS.

PROVE ANYTHING, SOMETHING. TO BE CLEAR I'M NOT DISPUTING THE PART PERCENTAGE, I'M ASKING YOU TO TELL WHAT THOSE PARTS ARE?

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-01-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:04 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

ALL YOU HAVE IS ASSUMPTION, AGAIN WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE AS TO WHAT PARTS ARE CHINESE MADE ON THE E-CLASS? PROVE IT.

I CAN PROVE THAT THE ENGINE, TRANSMISSION AND SEATS ARE ALL GERMAN MADE IN HOUSE.

YOU CAN'T PROVE ****.

PROVE WHAT PARTS OF THE E-CLASS ARE CHINESE MADE.

WTF AM I ASSUMING?

SEE HOW YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING, YOU'RE SIMPLY STUCK ON STUPID AND KEEP REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER EVEN WHEN ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION.

PROVE WHAT THE PARTS ARE AND HOW THEY AFFECT THE CAR. IT ISN'T THE ENGINE, TRANSMISSION OR SEATS.

PROVE ANYTHING, SOMETHING.

M
I prove that 40% of the E is Chinese and only 15% of the 5 is. I prove that 50% of the E is actually physically German while 75% of the 5 is. The interior of the E is certainly Chinese as the materials are below typical German spec quality, amongst who knows what else to comprise the 40% that the E uses.

That's all that matters. Your desperate argument here is meaningless as it doesn't change the fact that the E uses more literally cheap Chinese parts than its competition.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
I prove that 40% of the E is Chinese and only 15% of the 5 is. I prove that 50% of the E is actually physically German while 75% of the 5 is. The interior of the E is certainly Chinese as the materials are below typical German spec quality, amongst who knows what else to comprise the 40% that the E uses.

That's all that matters. Your desperate argument here is meaningless as it doesn't change the fact that the E uses more literally cheap Chinese parts than its competition.
Yep you proved that you saw a sticker that said 40% Chinese content. Other than that you haven't PROVEN ANYTHING.

YOU HAVEN'T PROVEN ANYTHING.

WHERE ARE THE LINKS, THE SOURCES THE FACTS?

WHERE IS IT?

PROVE THAT THE CHINESE PARTS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH THE E-CLASS. PROVE THAT INTERIOR IS CHINESE MADE.

PROVE IT.

I SEE NOT ONE LINK IN ANY POST OF YOURS. NOT ONE.

PROVE IT WITH A SOURCE.

M

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W222 a "heavily facelifted" W221? Rides on same core chassis/architecture