S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Picked up My S550 today!!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Originally Posted by cookstar
S500 is exactly the same thing as the S550, same engine, same displacement few more hp for Middle East and Europe. The buying power has left America since the recession, its no longer America first class country and everywhere else third world. sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
I'd rather live in America.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK 320
Scott, you are awesome, congrats on your car and enjoy your achievements.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
+1

Last edited by sam9187; 10-01-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
Not sure what the proof is. The OP sig says Alaska, not sure how this relates to Iran. We all know that the S500 has been released abroad. The OP's pics with the Ghost are the Iranian's pics.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:12 PM

Titleist
I believe it's his car and he just reacted in a way to protect his ID as well as that of the dealer. The good news, now that it's out in the open, the OP can move back from Alaska and stop tooling around in a Lexus!

Last edited by golfster; 10-01-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This definitely sounds valid. As long as it's not a demo car it's plenty possible. I know that demo's are impossible to get around since they can't pull VIN's on the 2014s that came from corporate (per dealer).

Look, all I wanted was more pics....lol. Nonetheless love the car!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:21 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Waiting to hear what BS excuse GermanCarfanboy1 comes up with after getting owned by first hand knowledge and experience once again, instead of admitting wrong and apologizing.

Last edited by K-A; 10-02-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:51 PM

190E,w124 E320,w210 E320,R129 SL320, w220 S500
Round 2 with the W222, this time took the wife and kids to see it, I swear I cannot get the girls to stop talking about it, as for me I love everything about the car, except for the side mirrors, but we are thinking black on black, so it should blend in with the car, amazing car overall, talking about love at first sight
Old 10-02-2013, 03:21 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by interiormagic
Round 2 with the W222, this time took the wife and kids to see it, I swear I cannot get the girls to stop talking about it, as for me I love everything about the car, except for the side mirrors, but we are thinking black on black, so it should blend in with the car, amazing car overall, talking about love at first sight
It definitley is an amazing car. So overwhelming in person with a "king" presence. My wife is as excited as I am!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by K-A
Waiting to hear what BS excuse GermanCarfanboy1 comes up with after getting owned by first hand knowledge and experience once again, instead of admitting wrong and apologizing.
You mean like you did in the other thread when you got owned with your dumb **** assertion that an E-Class contains 40% Chinese parts? You were proved wrong as hell and still can't accept it. This isn't about experience or first hand knowledge, all we're talking about here is whether or not someone has been able to buy a U.S. market S550 prior to the release date. Really simple. So far the poster can't answer the question.

This requires you to use common sense. The car looks like a demo, the same demo that every dealer got. Now we have to wait until the 15th for the original poster to come back? Why? The 15th just so happens to be the release date for the car. So yeah anyone with common sense will question this claim about a U.S. buyer having one already, but as usual you fall for anything because you can't think for yourself. None on this sounds fishy to you? Really?

When the original poster is asked a simple question (like you were asked) they can't answer, yet you right away assume that those of us questioning it are wrong. Were you able to buy your E-Class and take it home before the release date back when? I seriously doubt it.

Hell it may even be possible but not without some serious blowback from MBUSA. You can't sell their demo car (it is illegal) and the customer cars are still at the port. Again, common sense which you so vividly lack.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-02-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
The manufacturer has the ultimate control here- not an individual dealer. The dealers don't have the paperwork until release date- the 15th! Good thing some of us are a bit cynical.

Oh, here's MY new car:
Attached Thumbnails Picked up My S550 today!!-image.jpg  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Germancar1
You mean like you did in the other thread when you got owned with your dumb **** assertion that an E-Class contains 40% Chinese parts? You were proved wrong as hell and still can't accept it. This isn't about experience or first hand knowledge, all we're talking about here is whether or not someone has been able to buy a U.S. market S550 prior to the release date. Really simple. So far the poster can't answer the question.

This requires you to use common sense. The car looks like a demo, the same demo that every dealer got. Now we have to wait until the 15th for the original poster to come back? Why? The 15th just so happens to be the release date for the car. So yeah anyone with common sense will question this claim about a U.S. buyer having one already, but as usual you fall for anything because you can't think for yourself. None on this sounds fishy to you? Really?

When the original poster is asked a simple question (like you were asked) they can't answer, yet you right away assume that those of us questioning it are wrong. Were you able to buy your E-Class and take it home before the release date back when? I seriously doubt it.

Hell it may even be possible but not without some serious blowback from MBUSA. You can't sell their demo car (it is illegal) and the customer cars are still at the port. Again, common sense which you so vividly lack.

M
Lol. You got owned by me regarding the entire topic (you're so gleeful that you THINK you won the parts content "argument" which is irrelevant to what I said about BMW VS M-B in terms of driving/engineering/design anyway) yet you don't realize you've got nothing.

Just like you probably called the dealer on this guy like the spazz you are, and got owned here by being proven wrong (again).

Just like I showed you specifics about how I KNOW the topic at hand which you had no firsthand experience of, this guy SHOWED you his garage, and as the armchair racer once again, you act as if you know more than the truth itself.

Why don't you just apologize to this member and actually save some face?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:21 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
that's the same one I got too
Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Let me guess, the assumption that he's "lying" is based on what.... he drove a demo home, put it in his garage and took a picture just so he can prove to MBWorld members that he is who he says he is? Probably not likely. Took a demo home for a while? More likely but unlikely since I'm sure MBUSA wouldn't appreciate their company demo being parked at someone's house.

Too many cynics on the bench acting as if they know more about what other people experience in their own lives here, it's not productive to anything, really.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Titleist
This thread is entertaining.

Question though, For this alleged call to the dealer, with all the dealers in the US, how would anyone know which dealer to call?

Question 2: MB has made a great looking S-Class, but will they soon be making them in other colors so we don't all have to get silver with black interior?

Last edited by golfster; 10-02-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Lol. You got owned by me regarding the entire topic (you're so gleeful that you THINK you won the parts content "argument" which is irrelevant to what I said about BMW VS M-B in terms of driving/engineering/design anyway) yet you don't realize you've got nothing.

Just like you probably called the dealer on this guy like the spazz you are, and got owned here by being proven wrong (again).

Just like I showed you specifics about how I KNOW the topic at hand which you had no firsthand experience of, this guy SHOWED you his garage, and as the armchair racer once again, you act as if you know more than the truth itself.

Why don't you just apologize to this member and actually save some face?

Nope, wouldn't waste my time and if you could read you would see who called the dealer.

You said that the E-Class had 40% Chinese parts. It doesn't. I proved you wrong as wrong can be with a window sticker from a brand new E-Class. You were wrong and now you're salty about it.

Why don't you own up to your own ignorance and admit you were wrong about the E-Class having 40% Chinese parts in it? You mean save face like you're doing here by trying to say you won an argument that you were basically having with yourself about something that didn't pertain to the issue at hand? Oh my the Chinese parts were the problem, but there are no Chinese parts. What clueless? You didn't show anything but how easily influenced and gullible you are.

The drive train and all that other nonsense you kept repeating over and over is debatable, your being wrong about the Chinese parts isn't. What part of that don't you grasp. You're actually dumb enough to believe that a German car has 40% of its parts source from China. You don't even have common sense much less the ability to suggest what others should do.

Read, think, repeat. I couldn't care enough about this topic here to call a damn dealer, man get real and have a seat. The only thing you've owned is your own stupidity, both here and on GCF where you rightfully banned.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-02-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:42 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Nope, wouldn't waste my time and if you could read you would see who called the dealer.

You said that the E-Class had 40% Chinese parts. It doesn't. I proved you wrong as wrong can be with a window sticker from a brand new E-Class. You were wrong and now you're salty about it.

Why don't you own up to your own ignorance and admit you were wrong about the E-Class having 40% Chinese parts in it?

You didn't show anything but how easily influenced and gullible you are.

The drive train and all that other nonsense you kept repeating over and over is debatable, your being wrong about the Chinese parts isn't. What part of that don't you grasp. You're actually dumb enough to believe that a German car has 40% of its parts source from China. You don't even have common sense much less the ability to suggest what others should do.

Read, think, repeat. I couldn't care enough about this topic here to call a damn dealer, man get real and have a seat.

M
You've crossed the line of desperation at this point. Again, early W212's had stickers of 50% parts content, don't blame me for M-B's own inconsistencies.

No, there's nothing debatable. I broke it down and spelled out all the supremacies for you with factual data when attainable to back up how much more solid and rigid "the car" is, how much more powerful and efficient, sporty, luxurious, etc.

You have no firsthand experience on the matter. Just like you don't here....

So tell me, aside from wanting to start altercations with various members who have something valid to say, and being ultimately bitterly confrontational with no basis, how did O/P get his car in the garage? What's your story on that? Or did you just want to rain on the only person here's parade who can actually TELL US some firsthand stuff about the W222 in a day to day environment.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
You've crossed the line of desperation at this point. Again, early W212's had stickers of 50% parts content, don't blame me for M-B's own inconsistencies.

No, there's nothing debatable. I broke it down and spelled out all the supremacies for you with factual data when attainable to back up how much more solid and rigid "the car" is, how much more powerful and efficient, sporty, luxurious, etc.

You have no firsthand experience on the matter. Just like you don't here....

So tell me, aside from wanting to start fights with everyone here and being ultimately bitterly confrontational with no basis, how did O/P get his car in the garage? What's your story on that? Or did you just want to rain on the only person here's parade who can actually TELL US some firsthand stuff about the W222 in a day to day environment.
Prove It! Window Sticker Please

Otherwise you have nothing! Period.

The only think you proved is that this year you like BMW and the former great Mercedes is nothing now.

Picking fights? You mean like you do in every thread you post in? Who got banned for their previous idiotic behavior?

Nope, merely questioned it, and if you can't see how it all sounds fishy then he you're more limited than I thought.

I think everyone here would like to know how, if this is true, how is it possible to purchase a car before the release date. It's really simple. Now you're asking about a garage photo, such a simpleton. A child could answer that yet you can't figure it out. Figures.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-02-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:49 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Prove It!

You didn't prove anything, only that you like the 5-Series more than the E-Class. Yah for you.

You mean like you do in every thread you post in? Who got banned for their previous idiotic behavior?

Nope, merely questioned it, and if you can't see how it all sounds fishy then he you're more limited than I thought.

I think everyone here would like to know how, if this is true, how is it possible?

M
Nah, you've got nothing and you know it.

Moving on, so how did he get that picture of his car in his garage next to other cars that he said he owns (which you and others claimed to be a lie as well)? Maybe time to face the music again on a matter you have no firsthand experience in, me thinks?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Nah, you've got nothing and you know it.

Moving on, so how did he get that picture of his car in his garage next to other cars that he said he owns (which you and others claimed to be a lie as well)? Maybe time to face the music again on a matter you have no firsthand experience in, me thinks?
Let me see here, this is what you're going to stick with? I can go get the demo at my local dealer and drive it to my house and photograph it. Anyone can do that since they have a demo for you to drive. You can't be this slow or are you really?

Not saying he did that, but it is possible and easily answers the same question posed by others here.

Next.

BTW, still waiting on that window sticker.

Oh and for the record I don't know the poster and never said anything about his other cars. Don't even know what other cars he claims to own so take that up with the poster who questioned it. I didn't.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 10-02-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Let me see here, this is what you're going to stick with? I can go get the demo at my local dealer and drive it to my house and photograph it. Anyone can do that since they have a demo for you to drive. You can't be this slow or are you really?

Not saying he did that, but it is possible and easily answers the same question posed by others here.

Next.

BTW, still waiting on that window sticker.

M
Still waiting on you to have firsthand knowledge on any of the cars you've talked about on this forum before berating others who have, that's what the debates you've unsuccessfully participated in have been about, not window stickers.

Problem here is that people who walk the walk get criticized by those with mentalities unwilling to accept others' truths. Therefore people get attacked for their own opinions and assertions.

If something is too difficult for you to accept, you have the simpleton reflex of attacking it. It's certainly not healthy for your own heart, I'll assure you of that.

I thought this guy sounded legit from the get go, obviously some special deal was worked out. Then [someone.... you would make sense] called his freakin' dealer?! Is that what the community here has become?

Yeah, he took a Demo home to photograph next to a million dollars of automotive steel to appease some internet-argument-professionals.... sure.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Still waiting on you to have firsthand knowledge on any of the cars you've talked about on this forum before berating others who have, that's what the debates you've unsuccessfully participated in have been about, not window stickers.

Problem here is that people who walk the walk get criticized by those with mentalities unwilling to accept others' truths. Therefore people get attacked for their own opinions and assertions.

If something is too difficult for you to accept, you have the simpleton reflex of attacking it. It's certainly not healthy for your own heart, I'll assure you of that.

I thought this guy sounded legit from the get go, obviously some special deal was worked out. Then assumedly [you] called his freakin' dealer?! Is that what the community here has become?

Yeah, he took a Demo home to photograph next to a million dollars of automotive steel to please some internet-argument-professionals.... sure.

So in other words the solution I just gave you is understandable even for you, so now you go back to something else? Typical.

Who knows what the man did, I said it was possible. You're going to question why people do things? WTF knows? Why do people put AMG badges on C350s or put the wrong model numbers on smaller engined cars.

Again, for the umpteenth time this is not about experience. It is about a car purchase....we're not talking about how it drives or anything something you need "experience" to talk about. Again, the board was curious to know how someone can purchase a car that isn't released yet. Nothing more. Feel free to keep talking out the side of your neck out nothing all day long if you want, but in typical k/a fashion you diver once you've been made of a fool of or you do it to yourself. Really simple question, how before release date? Really simple. Sorry if you can't understand.

Still waiting on that Chinese sticker for the E-Class......notice how you keep ignoring that?

M
Old 10-02-2013, 06:09 PM

2015 S 63 AMG 4Matic
So now that the other thread is closed you two are going to bring your crap to this one? Why don't you just PM each other?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:11 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

So in other words the solution I just gave you is understandable even for you, so now you go back to something else? Typical.

Who knows what the man did, I said it was possible. You're going to question why people do things? WTF knows? Why do people put AMG badges on C350s or put the wrong model numbers on smaller engined cars.

Again, for the umpteenth time this is not about experience. It is about a car purchase....we're not talking about how it drives or anything something you need "experience" to talk about. Again, the board was curious to know how someone can purchase a car that isn't released yet. Nothing more. Feel free to keep talking out the side of your neck out nothing all day long if you want, but in typical k/a fashion you diver once you've been made of a fool of or you do it to yourself. Really simple question, how before release date? Really simple. Sorry if you can't understand.

Still waiting on that Chinese sticker for the E-Class......notice how you keep ignoring that?

M
The Chinese sticker on the E Class is irrelevant to my points about how lousy the E Class is. It was a sidetrack obsessed about by you. The parts content changed through the years, I know this, you may not, I have no reason to sift out a sticker for you. Move on and accept it.

The issue here is your attitude and others like you. It's condescending to those who walk the walk in particular topics, and yes it is about firsthand knowledge. You've sidetracked every topic here into argumentative fests because you're flustered by your own lack of knowledge of the subjects at hand, therefore resort to attacking those with knowledge on said subjects. You'll need to do more than take a picture of a window sticker with some figure irrelevant to the entire arguments I've made.

This thread is a perfect case in point. You spew venom at this guy, everyone attacks the hell out of him, and now that he's obviously telling the truth, you can't even admit it.

So who called the dealer and tried to rock the boat there? Fess up! Pretty shameful.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:13 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by JAN8OR
So now that the other thread is closed you two are going to bring your crap to this one? Why don't you just PM each other?
This thread was already destroyed into a flame-fest by the same guy/s who destroyed the other one due to the same reasons.

Why must respectable topics become flame fests here? Let people have their opinions and outlooks, and if a guy proves that he just may be telling the truth, give him the benefit of the doubt. It improves community.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up My S550 today!!