S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

My European Delivery Experience

Old 03-03-2014, 02:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004.7 C180 Kompressor, BMW X5, Chevrolet Camaro LT, Mercedes S, Cesna 152.
Very nice,NO ONE does it better than the Germans PERIOD.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG
Dropped my car in Frankfurt on 2/3 and it just arrived yesterday 3/18 at NJ dealership.

Entered VPC on 3/11 (a Thursday) 2-3 days to process

Does anyone know how they title a euro delivery? Is it still considered title A?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by autockr989
Dropped my car in Frankfurt on 2/3 and it just arrived yesterday 3/18 at NJ dealership.

Entered VPC on 3/11 (a Thursday) 2-3 days to process

Does anyone know how they title a euro delivery? Is it still considered title A?

My car was dropped in Stuttgart on 12/16/13 and received at the dealership on 2/7/14. My VPC time was longer but at that time Baltimore got tons of snow and ice when my car came off the ship in Baltimore.

BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE: Title is no different then taking delivery in the US. In fact, I even checked my Carfax report to see how it is reported there. It shows on Carfax the same as if it was US delivery.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:40 PM

2015 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by MTrauman
My car was dropped in Stuttgart on 12/16/13 and received at the dealership on 2/7/14. My VPC time was longer but at that time Baltimore got tons of snow and ice when my car came off the ship in Baltimore.

BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE: Title is no different then taking delivery in the US. In fact, I even checked my Carfax report to see how it is reported there. It shows on Carfax the same as if it was US delivery.

Did your dealership have issues titling the car? My car is sitting at the dealership and they are telling me they need the original customs clearance documents stamped from Baltimore, which was not done, I was only provided copies of documents from a woman at IFF.

thanks
Old 03-20-2014, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by autockr989
Did your dealership have issues titling the car? My car is sitting at the dealership and they are telling me they need the original customs clearance documents stamped from Baltimore, which was not done, I was only provided copies of documents from a woman at IFF.

thanks

I had no problem at all with the documents provided from Stuttgart. I picked the car up the day after it was delivered to the dealership. And Pennsylvania titling was completed three days after pickup from dealership.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
I had no problem at all with the documents provided from Stuttgart. I picked the car up the day after it was delivered to the dealership. And Pennsylvania titling was completed three days after pickup from dealership.

Just to add some info--My car was discharged off the ship on 1/24/14 and was ready to be shipped about 2/3/14. It arrived at the dealer 2/6/14 and I picked it up on 2/7/14. So my car may have been in the US longer then your car and the documents that your dealership says it needs may have arrived at my dealership before the car.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 458 Italia, 2014 X5
Now that I have my order confirmed by MBUSA for my wife's S Klasse, it's time to ask you, expert road warriors about my itinerary and its feasibility.
The car was ordered through our fav, Herbert Haemmer whom I consider to be THE expert in this regard. I have spoken to my share of clueless MB sales people before calling Herbert.
Two full weeks of traveling with my family which include 3 boys. ( 15, 12 and a 6 yo ) Kids are expert travel partners as they have traveled far and often.
Arriving at Stuttgart on Saturday for a Monday delivery. Once the car is picked up,wish to drive straight down to Munich. Spend three nights there. Will have a one day trip to Salzburg. THEN, THIS IS WHERE THINGS GET FUZZY. I wish to spend couple of days in Strasbourg before heading back to Stuttgart for last night of stay before getting on the plane back home..
I am debating whether I should take the family to Zurich or Milano after Munich. My wife says she is up for whatever and kids have no opinion.. ( rare occurance for sure )
We all have been to these cities mentioned above and really have no preference.
So here is the question..
WHICH ROUTE WILL BE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND SAFE OVER THE ALPS FROM MUNICH? WHAT CITY SHOULD BE OUR DESTINATION ON THIS DRIVE. We will drive up to Colmar and Strasbourg from there.
Thank you for any suggestions in advance. Happy traveling!
Old 03-30-2014, 01:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2011 E350 Cabriolet, Asgard Mothership
I just got back yesterday from my trip. The Brenner pass route was quite nice from Austria to Italy if you go that way. You need you 10 day Austrian tax sticker (8.50&euro but no longer need the tax sticker in Italy.

Stelvio pass might be open but that might be a challenge with three young ones in the back seat. Others might know a better route if you go to Milan.

One point that might be of be of use to anyone that has financed their car. Mercedes at the delivery center is supposed to keep the certificate of origin as it goes back to Herbert. They lady at the delivery center was not aware of this and had to call someone in Stuttgart to learn the procedure. Also, the drop off place wanted to COE too. He had to call his office in Paris to learn it was ok not to have that. I guess people that EDP must just buy it in cash normally (or that's what I get for following what I am told and pressing the point that u was not to leave with the COE). My only issue with that is the MB delivery office staff should be trained better so the customer doesn't need to explain their procedures. I will alert Herbert and MBUSA to that small hiccup.

Tom
Old 03-30-2014, 03:48 PM

2013 458 Italia, 2014 X5
Originally Posted by TomS
I just got back yesterday from my trip. The Brenner pass route was quite nice from Austria to Italy if you go that way. You need you 10 day Austrian tax sticker (8.50&euro but no longer need the tax sticker in Italy.

Stelvio pass might be open but that might be a challenge with three young ones in the back seat. Others might know a better route if you go to Milan.

One point that might be of be of use to anyone that has financed their car. Mercedes at the delivery center is supposed to keep the certificate of origin as it goes back to Herbert. They lady at the delivery center was not aware of this and had to call someone in Stuttgart to learn the procedure. Also, the drop off place wanted to COE too. He had to call his office in Paris to learn it was ok not to have that. I guess people that EDP must just buy it in cash normally (or that's what I get for following what I am told and pressing the point that u was not to leave with the COE). My only issue with that is the MB delivery office staff should be trained better so the customer doesn't need to explain their procedures. I will alert Herbert and MBUSA to that small hiccup.

Tom
Tom.
Thanks for your reply. Since we are going in summer, both passes should be open. I will check them out.
Good to know about the paper mix up in Stuttgart. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 PM
OBP

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Lexus SC430, CLS550 4matic, GLK350 4matic, Volvo XC90 T8, E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by MDrill
WHICH ROUTE WILL BE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND SAFE OVER THE ALPS FROM MUNICH? WHAT CITY SHOULD BE OUR DESTINATION ON THIS DRIVE. We will drive up to Colmar and Strasbourg from there.

We did a little less than half of your route in the opposite direction last summer. Drove Davos Switz to Hohenschwangau in Germany through the Swiss Alps and Austria. Got some nice shots through the Fluela Pass right by Davos and it put our CLS through its paces negotiating narrow Swiss Alpine roads. I enjoyed the drive and here is one of the best shots as we negotiated that section of the Swiss Alps as well as a pic of the Fluela Pass hotel at 2300+ meters.
Attached Thumbnails My European Delivery Experience-20130817_041849.jpg   My European Delivery Experience-20130817_040704.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by MDrill
Now that I have my order confirmed by MBUSA for my wife's S Klasse, it's time to ask you, expert road warriors about my itinerary and its feasibility.
The car was ordered through our fav, Herbert Haemmer whom I consider to be THE expert in this regard. I have spoken to my share of clueless MB sales people before calling Herbert.
Two full weeks of traveling with my family which include 3 boys. ( 15, 12 and a 6 yo ) Kids are expert travel partners as they have traveled far and often.
Arriving at Stuttgart on Saturday for a Monday delivery. Once the car is picked up,wish to drive straight down to Munich. Spend three nights there. Will have a one day trip to Salzburg. THEN, THIS IS WHERE THINGS GET FUZZY. I wish to spend couple of days in Strasbourg before heading back to Stuttgart for last night of stay before getting on the plane back home..
I am debating whether I should take the family to Zurich or Milano after Munich. My wife says she is up for whatever and kids have no opinion.. ( rare occurance for sure )
We all have been to these cities mentioned above and really have no preference.
When in Salzburg, I recommend staying at Schloss Moenchstein. Great views, best breakfast in town and overall one of the nicest places there.

Keep in mind that Milan is quite polluted, the traffic around town is terrible especially with a large car (I crashed an S-Class there ).
Shopping is better in Zurich anyways plus its a nice drive past Lake Constanz.
Overall Switzerland has the most beautiful Alpine landscape and is a stunning country overall.
Always easiest to take a highway to the nearest mountain destination and then go up rather than taking too many passes. Even if open, people in the back of an S-Class will not appreciate many hours of slow serpentine roads. The car is not great for those roads.

I would pick a couple of mountain destinations and then go through the Burgundy region to Strassbourg. Great food along the way. Relais & Chateaux is fantastic for hotel/dining choices.

Enjoy!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:28 PM

2015 S550 4Matic
Delivery timing

great thread...quick question.

from what I can read, people are actually experiencing about a 7-8 week delivery time schedule from drop off in Europe to delivery to their dealership.

We just put the order in for a 2015 S550w4 and want to do EDP. (We did it 4 years ago for an E550 and had a great time.) But with the confirmation paperwork was a note that we should expect an 11 week delay (or more) from the drop off time till it hits the dealer.

Just curious if the guys/gals listing in this thread (and elsewhere) heard when you placed your order / what did you paperwork say.

Appreciate the intel...

thx
Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM

2015 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by ILMBDriver
great thread...quick question.

from what I can read, people are actually experiencing about a 7-8 week delivery time schedule from drop off in Europe to delivery to their dealership.

We just put the order in for a 2015 S550w4 and want to do EDP. (We did it 4 years ago for an E550 and had a great time.) But with the confirmation paperwork was a note that we should expect an 11 week delay (or more) from the drop off time till it hits the dealer.

Just curious if the guys/gals listing in this thread (and elsewhere) heard when you placed your order / what did you paperwork say.

Appreciate the intel...

thx

11 weeks for East Coast, is what my paperwork said if you drop off in Germany. My car made it to dealership in 5. I have been waiting for title to be completed for the past 2 weeks my car has been at dealership, Apparently in NJ, they require the original customs documents with stamps of clearance from Baltimore. Woman from IFF had no clue about this, so paperwork had to go from Georgia to Baltimore, then to dealership, then to back office of MV. And from what I heard I have another 2 weeks for MV to process, this has def been a LONG road since my purchase. At least for next time I know what is involved, but the trip with awesome. lol
Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 PM

Received 66 Likes on 22 Posts
W223 S580, Range Rover Supercharged LWB, Audi A8L, BMW 750i, Porsche 911 Carrera S (997)
Little update...
Attached Thumbnails My European Delivery Experience-image-3659794232.jpg  
Old 04-04-2014, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by Skerdian
Little update...

Sorry to all since this post is not exactly MB related (but S Class owner related).

Good looking picture of the car.

My wife, my son and I are planning on going to NY to see some shows in the near future. My son is very active in musical theatre at his high school and has made some Broadway show connections from some of his key roles in his musicals. It appears you are part of a limo service.

I went to your company's website and saw a picture of your S class so I figured that was you. I took a brief look at your website but figured I would post here instead. Do you do airport transports to/from LaGuardia and Times Square area?
Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 PM

W223 S580, Range Rover Supercharged LWB, Audi A8L, BMW 750i, Porsche 911 Carrera S (997)
Sure do, thanks for your interest.

You may reach us through our contact information on our site, it would be a pleasure to serve a fellow forum member.

Sorry to all since this post is not exactly MB related (but S Class owner related).

Good looking picture of the car.

My wife, my son and I are planning on going to NY to see some shows in the near future. My son is very active in musical theatre at his high school and has made some Broadway show connections from some of his key roles in his musicals. It appears you are part of a limo service.

I went to your company's website and saw a picture of your S class so I figured that was you. I took a brief look at your website but figured I would post here instead. Do you do airport transports to/from LaGuardia and Times Square area?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Picture of my '14 S550 4matic. I decided to leave the Euro Delivery plate on my car since PA does not require a front license plate.
Attached Thumbnails My European Delivery Experience-img_0184.jpg  
Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2011 E350 Cabriolet, Asgard Mothership
Picture of my '14 S550 4matic. I decided to leave the Euro Delivery plate on my car since PA does not require a front license plate.
I'm planning the same thing in Florida since I don't need a front plate I love the red of the tag against my anthracite blue.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:17 AM

s430
I am getting a 2015 S550w4 this summer. I was wondering how you were able to keep the front license plate? Did you give them specific instructions or just took it with you right before you dropped off the car?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by darwinl
I am getting a 2015 S550w4 this summer. I was wondering how you were able to keep the front license plate? Did you give them specific instructions or just took it with you right before you dropped off the car?

The way it was explained to me is that the plates must stay on the car when you drop it off. They do warn you that sometimes they are not on the vehicle when it arrives (people must steal these plates somewhere in the shipping process). My car arrived at the dealership with both the front and rear plate still on the car as I witnessed my car being unloaded from the truck behind the dealership since I happened to drive by the dealership the moment my car arrived (weird luck but my office is within 1/4 mile of the dealership and I was coming back to my office from a client engagement).
Old 04-06-2014, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Here are a few more pics of my car with the Euro Delivery Plate.
Attached Thumbnails My European Delivery Experience-photo-3.jpg   My European Delivery Experience-photo-4.jpg   My European Delivery Experience-photo-5.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
For those of us that hate drill holes in the front bumper, is there any way to stop the factory/Euro delivery people from installing the plate on the front of the car? (I know you're required to run a front plate in Europe, but I was thinking a more primitive zip tie method is sufficient enough to appease everyone)
Old 04-06-2014, 08:18 PM

Here are a few more pics of my car with the Euro Delivery Plate.
My euro plate was bb67i, when did you pickup? Maybe it was just a few days before me, Dec. 19...

Regarding plates on redelivery; i left a note in english/german/french not to remove and to store in trunk at vpc.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by Skerdian
My euro plate was bb67i, when did you pickup? Maybe it was just a few days before me, Dec. 19...

Regarding plates on redelivery; i left a note in english/german/french not to remove and to store in trunk at vpc.

Pickup date was December 16th. Just a few days apart.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 AM

2013 458 Italia, 2014 X5
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
For those of us that hate drill holes in the front bumper, is there any way to stop the factory/Euro delivery people from installing the plate on the front of the car? (I know you're required to run a front plate in Europe, but I was thinking a more primitive zip tie method is sufficient enough to appease everyone)
For my M3 delivery in Munich, they placed the front plate with dual tapes with out being asked. At the drop off center, a guy took it off easily and left it in the trunk for me. I expect the same for MB this summer.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My European Delivery Experience