S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

My new 2014 S550!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2011 E350 Cabriolet, Asgard Mothership
Originally Posted by mbuae
if you will like to sale your 2014 s550 i'm ready this my e mail thx usgullwing@aol.com
Maybe Spam but wild horses could not take that car away from him I do believe.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by TomS
Maybe Spam but wild horses could not take that car away from him I do believe.
You got that right Tom! LOL
Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
more pix please Kratos
can you remind us of the options you ordered?

damn I can't wait!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Originally Posted by mbuae
if you will like to sale your 2014 s550 i'm ready this my e mail thx usgullwing@aol.com
Also think he can't go through the wait again
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by LETO
Also think he can't go through the wait again

LOL!!! Another rightful post!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 S550 4matic (AMG sport package), 2016 Corvette Stingray.
Those seats are gonna be a pain to keep clean, but I love that car it's exactly the model I envision getting when I'm ready. Nothing beats the aggressive looks of the sport!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:53 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by wilassasin
Those seats are gonna be a pain to keep clean, but I love that car it's exactly the model I envision getting when I'm ready. Nothing beats the aggressive looks of the sport!
Due to such low mileage I put on my S classes, it won't be a problem for me. I have daily beaters to abuse. Lol
Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
My Review!!!

Here is my review of my new beast:

First impression: Will blow you away. The materials used in this car “require” you to touch and touch. You’ll find yourself rubbing your hands across the seats and dash constantly, and they do not fail to satisfy. Everyone who views my car is instinctively compelled to touch, and this is a phenomenon I”ve never experienced with a car before.

The fit and finish is of high quality. I scanned closely every detail, especially when contrasting surfaces meet one another, and I could not find a flaw. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the exclusive leather. In my opinion, you are selling yourself short of a luxury experience that will not be matched by S competitors for years to come. It is mind blowing. And no pic can capture it, it is too EPIC for cameras!

Exterior is just as legendary. I found myself just sitting in front of the car staring at how awesome the curves are, and the beauty of the light system. As I washed the car, I felt amazed how the quality of the body felt. It was so sturdy and strong and smooth. Even the body kit pieces on the AMG kit felt luxurious to the touch. Attention to detail on this car is extraordinary…..and I know blood, sweat, tears, and sleepless night went into its design.

Technology: First off the command system I found was very easy to use and navigate. I know some will complain differently, but maybe it’s because I owned the 221. Want to change car settings?, tap 1 button and a beautiful picture of an S550 comes circling around on screen amazing everyone who’s watching. Next, you want to quickly get back to NAV?, just click one button, and boom…..that big huge screen (which also amazes people by its size) is filled with a huge map showing icons of important POI’s. Want to listen to the awesome sounding Burmester? (and it is awesome!), again just 1 click of a button and ample choices of what your ears desire pops right up for you to control.
The car brings convenience to a whole new level to where you never find yourself working hard to do anything. You never have to touch your key for anything. The “kick” feature for the trunk opening and closing is flawless. And there are options on your command screen on how you want your trunk to open (just crazy). Voice commands work well too. There will be some occasions where you’ll say a name and she has no clue what you just said, but it doesn’t bother me, because I haven’t been in a car where that technology has been perfected yet. Just too many variables in our pronunciations to perfect it. So I don’t drop points for that.

DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE is a must!!!! Do not, I repeat do not, skip over this package. So much bang for the money! First off the cameras read the road very well. Make a mistake, and this car will let you know it. Cross the lane without signaling?......bad boy….that’ll be 3 pops from the steering wheel to your hands…LOL. And she never fails to spank you (no joke). Getting careless and let the tires go off the road, she’ll brake, swing you back in, and wake you up just in case you were dosing off. Trying to cross a lane when someone is in your blind spot…..oooohh, bad boy, she’ll yank you back over and yet give you another spanking…lol. And the best part…..is when you push in the cruise control and she “HELPS” you drive. Let me explain this….even when your hands is on the wheel, you can feel her “turning with you.” It’s like you and her have symbiotic control driving the vehicle together. But she never takes over unless you want her too. Her control is very “gentleman” like. You feel in control and yet safe with her all at the same time. Even though my hands were on the wheel, I could still feel the system driving, but not controlling me. And when I took my hand off the wheel, it drives as if my hand was never on it. VERY WELL DONE by MB. Very well done….

Distronic cruising is also well done. I grew in comfort of the car as a road raging truck swiped in front of me really fast, and the car braked perfectly monitoring this quick change and judging his speed. This system may save your rear end if you’re looking down to change the radio and a crazy driver swings in front of you while you’re not looking.

My feelings on the Parking Assist are mixed. Parallel parking is well executed and seems to be the bread and butter of the tech. But perpendicular parking was too gimmicky for my taste. First off, the perpendicular parking will only work if cars are in the parking lot because that’s what the system will scan for. Second, DO NOT attempt to perpendicular park if there is more than one space between the vehicles. The machine will EVERYTIME attempt to parallel it instead of going perpendicular. So my only gripe with this tech is that you MUST have ONE space available between vehicles for it to work.

The massaging tech and air freshing system are winners. The air fresher is not a marketing hype. It does work, and it does its job well. Taking the wife out for a date is sublime as I turned on the ever so exotic red cab lighting, mixing it with the romantic mood fragrance, then soothing her with a hot stone massage, and my wife and I have never had a date so sexy in a car. To my “guy” forum friends, this car will enhance your relationships! The massage, air, and lighting tech are hands down GAME WINNERS!

The 360 camera also brings great satisfaction. As I roll into reverse, I can see where I need to go quite clearly with lines constantly giving my turning angles. Then pop into drive, and the front camera comes on just as clearly. And doing both, I can see what’s on the side of me well too, as the camera gives you a virtual shot as if you’re above the car playing a video game. And it works well, so easy, and so awesome, I feel like I’ll never hit anything again! LOL

Night Vision also works well. (I thought I didn’t order it, but it was on there). As pedestrians were walking, it was constantly tagging them to let me know they were there. Kind of cool, but it is a bit distracting, so be warned of that. You kind of have to figure out how to quick glance it out of your periphery. But this task may be hard to those wearing bifocals because those glasses require you to always point your nose to where you are looking.

Driving and Suspension: First off let’s talk about power. She has gobbs of it! I know the S63 guys like that neck snapping power, but the S550 is no slouch. She will slam you back in your seat as well. Although this car is heavy, the power is just right never letting you feel as if you’re driving a boat. Be sure to be in 2nd or 3rd gear before you slam her though, because I burnt rubber doing that, and that was a lesson well learned. Lol

Driving is effortless. Steering her where you want her is to go is as fun and luxurious as anything out there. The steering wheel feels tight, responsive, and accurate. When you hold it in your hands, you feel as if you have good control over the car, and the car feels planted on the road. Not too sensitive and not too tight. Just right. The car does a good job of not letting you feel its weight, and I found myself winding through traffic very nimbly as if she is much smaller. Who would have thought you could drive such big cars very sportily and have just as much fun.

Gear changing is smooth and balance with good control on the manual setting. You can go back forth between controlling it yourself or letting her do the work. It’s set to where if you stop shifting, she’ll take back control of the process. You barely feel any gear changes, the transmission is ultra smoothe. The S and E gear shifting selections changes how often she shifts and what gears she stays in. I found that on the S setting, she’ll stay in 5th gear at high speeds, and hold rpms a little longer before shifting. In E, she’ll shift to 7 gear pretty quickly…….in fact too quickly! Don’t be surprised when you look down and see 7th gear while going 30mph! LOL…….And I’m not kidding!

Suspension wise I have mixed feelings again like I did with the park assist. First off let me say that I am very pleased with the fact that for the very first time there is actually a change in suspension when going from Sport Mode to
Comfort Mode. Us 221 guys know about this because when we pushed that button before, we felt absolutely nothing. But this time you can really feel the shocks tighten and the steering stiffen when going sport, and softening vice versa. A real bi-mode system this time! But my only gripe is that I feel the ride to be a little rougher than I was anticipating (on comfort setting), still smoothe, but just not exactly where I wanted it. This is mostly felt on what I call the “gritty” roads….those roads with a rough surface. You can feel the surface too much and there’s some road noise from the tires being made too. But I don’t blame this on the Airmatic. I actually think this is a result of the 20” run flats. I’m really glad I was warned before hand of this potential issue, but it doesn’t bother me overall because I still would not change what I’ve ordered. The 20” wheels are the ONLY way to go with this car. The wheel wells are just too big for anything else. I know I’m gonna change from the run flats in the future, and that should eliminate my only gripe, so therefore this does not bother me. And on top of this, the suspension seems to be soaking better with every drive. Like it needs a break in too….

Comfort: Sitting in the cabin is very luxurious. Sound proofing tech has greatly improved, and it feels real good to not have to talk over road noise. Don’t want your passenger to mess with buttons….well move his/her seat for them. Want to lay back and relax, well the head rest pillows are wonderful….soft and foams around your skull perfectly. Need more lumbar support, well at the quick of a button, the seat will beef up in any area of your liking. I literally almost fell asleep while driving, lol. But don’t worry, driver’s assist will help you with this problem. Did I mention that system was the bomb? Lol

All and all, MB outdid themselves and I rate this car a 9.9/10, giving it 1/10th off for my two small complaints, in which one of them I think has an easy fix. I without a shadow of a doubt think that this is the best buy of a car in the world right now, and I can’t believe I’m about this say this next one…….heavily underpriced.
Go MB!

Last edited by Kratos-TM; 02-10-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:22 PM

2015 S550 4Matic
Great review Kratos!

Now I am waiting for my vehicle for a delivery date in the fall of 2014 (as I have ordered a 2015 model) and I cannot wait even more after reading your review! Haha!

I also have to comment that I do think the Driver's Assist Package is a MUST as it is very cheap for what you get (ONLY $2700). When Adaptive Cruise Controls first came out, it was $3500 for just that tech and to this date, I believe Jaguar still charges like $2000-2500 for JUST the adaptive cruise control (Distronic PLUS in Benz talk).
Old 02-10-2014, 03:17 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by XxLHCxX
Great review Kratos!

Now I am waiting for my vehicle for a delivery date in the fall of 2014 (as I have ordered a 2015 model) and I cannot wait even more after reading your review! Haha!

I also have to comment that I do think the Driver's Assist Package is a MUST as it is very cheap for what you get (ONLY $2700). When Adaptive Cruise Controls first came out, it was $3500 for just that tech and to this date, I believe Jaguar still charges like $2000-2500 for JUST the adaptive cruise control (Distronic PLUS in Benz talk).
Exactly! Just too much bang in the Driver's Assist for the price!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2011 E350 Cabriolet, Asgard Mothership
You're gushing like a proud parent

Great review of your experience. Now waiting is that much harder since as I was reading I found myself imagining my wife and I cruising the back roads of Italy next month.

So are you really telling a bunch of car guys it will help you get lucky? The back order will be even bigger now.

Tom
36 Days to Stuttgart
Old 02-10-2014, 05:16 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by TomS

So are you really telling a bunch of car guys it will help you get lucky? The back order will be even bigger now.

Tom
36 Days to Stuttgart
It will. I'm not kidding! The mood lighting, fragrance, and massage will guarantee a good night! My wife went bunkers!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Beautiful combination, Congrats!
That interior is truly amazing looking...Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 AM

excellent write up.

Totally agree with driver assistance pkg. Even if you never use distronic cruise, the passive safety features alone are worth it. I have had in on every MB since my 2008 S-Class and is one option I will never skip over. It keeps getting cheaper in price as an option and the features keep increasing.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:14 PM

horse and carriage
congrats kratos!
Old 02-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Out of this world. Mercedes seriously hit the S-class out of the ballpark.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
Congrats Kratos
Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
And here are more pics as requested....

Old 02-14-2014, 02:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
UNIMOG
Are those P Zero tires stock ??
Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:49 AM

As much as I am distracted by hyperion667 sig, WOW Kratos-TM Way to take a risk on that interior choice. Your payoff is quite nice.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by LETO
As much as I am distracted by hyperion667 sig, WOW Kratos-TM Way to take a risk on that interior choice. Your payoff is quite nice.
Thanks! People don't believe it's an S class!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:36 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by lsdreem
Are those P Zero tires stock ??
Yes they are stock.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 66 Likes on 22 Posts
W223 S580, Range Rover Supercharged LWB, Audi A8L, BMW 750i, Porsche 911 Carrera S (997)
Awesome interior.

Damn, you got the Pzeros. I got stuck with the goodyear F1s. Id rather have had the pirellis
Old 02-14-2014, 01:18 PM

2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by Skerdian
Awesome interior.

Damn, you got the Pzeros. I got stuck with the goodyear F1s. Id rather have had the pirellis
Thanks. Why would you prefer the P's?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new 2014 S550!!!!!!