S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Customized Special Order 2015 S550 - The wait begins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,556 Likes on 2,032 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
I'm sorry and I hate to be the Grinch Who Stole Thanksgiving, but I just don't understand what all the hoopla is about. Here we have yet another black S550, but with a special order interior and a couple of other doodads. Just WHAT is the big deal? Anyone who wants to throw thousand dollar bills at their dealer can do the exact same thing. Anything that anyone with enough money can duplicate, is nothing special. Is a nice, new S550 wonderful? You bet it is. But so many here are fawning over this car--which I, personally, find unappealing--for no other reason than WHAT? I have a new, special ordered S550 coming in a few weeks. Even though I will like it way more than I would like this super duper special order/special schmorder car, I will not be posting any photos. I won't know what ship it's on. I won't know when it reaches this stage or that stage. I will only know when the dealer calls to tell me that my new car is ready to pick up. Two or three years from that date, I'll be repeating the process all over again. It's nice. It's fun. There is more to life than special colored seats. Been there, done that. I think we all might think about GETTING A LIFE! Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:20 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,396 Likes on 2,843 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I'm sorry and I hate to be the Grinch Who Stole Thanksgiving, but I just don't understand what all the hoopla is about. Here we have yet another black S550, but with a special order interior and a couple of other doodads. Just WHAT is the big deal? Anyone who wants to throw thousand dollar bills at their dealer can do the exact same thing. Anything that anyone with enough money can duplicate, is nothing special. Is a nice, new S550 wonderful? You bet it is. But so many here are fawning over this car--which I, personally, find unappealing--for no other reason than WHAT? I have a new, special ordered S550 coming in a few weeks. Even though I will like it way more than I would like this super duper special order/special schmorder car, I will not be posting any photos. I won't know what ship it's on. I won't know when it reaches this stage or that stage. I will only know when the dealer calls to tell me that my new car is ready to pick up. Two or three years from that date, I'll be repeating the process all over again. It's nice. It's fun. There is more to life than special colored seats. Been there, done that. I think we all might think about GETTING A LIFE! Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I'm going to try and help you here:

it's called being supportive, friendly and civil.......this is a community of guys that really like MB, (yourself included) and we like to oodle over it all....LM has been waiting an awfully long time, and has spent a lot of money for special order items: everyone here is happy for him, excited for him and really looking forward to HIM getting his car! It isn't exactly about a car, but the journey LM has been on and the support he receives from all of us show our quality too.........kind of like you've just shown yours ()
Old 11-28-2014, 07:58 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Too Many
Angry much?
Old 11-28-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 S63
Does GETTING A LIFE mean posting negative comments about someone's joy on their new car? Sounds like you have a very boring life to me.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63

With all due respect STREAMLINER, get a life!

Lovin has been waiting for this car (seems like about a year but my time could be a little off) for a very long time due to the special ordering nature of the particular car. We are excited for him. We are all living vicariously through Lovin. Apparently you do not have the same feelings--and that is ok. But please do not "rain on the parade". Since this is a parade that a majority of us on this site want to see since most of us are MB and S Class fanatics.

Oh by the way--I would expect your type of comments from my wife that could not care less about the S Class and the excitement we all show. With that said, I still love her! So it is ok to share your thoughts but I think you will be outnumbered on this site. Additionally, my wife would not even subscribe to this site since her feelings are much like yours.

Can't wait for those pics Lovin!

Last edited by MTrauman; 11-28-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:51 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Lovin' has no idea what is going on right now: he's in delivery heaven being shown his beautiful new car!

Streamliner needs some attention you guys lets start a thread for his delivery too bahahahahaha!
Old 11-28-2014, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Streamliner: One of the great benefits of living in this country is that, for the most part, nobody can force us to do anything we do not want to do. We get your point, but if you could now please show some common courtesy and manners, and not post here anymore, it would be appreciated.

Hyperion667, texex91, jerrylhs1 and MTrauman: Thank you guys for supporting my journey and thank you for participating. I just logged on a few minutes ago and started to read everything and your comments brought smiles.

Much appreciated and thank you guys.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 11-28-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
Lovin' has no idea what is going on right now: he's in delivery heaven being shown his beautiful new car!
Close.

Getting on a plane in a couple hours and should be at the dealer close to noon PST.

Seriously excited!

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 11-28-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:07 AM

Too Many
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
Streamliner: One of the great benefits of living in this country is that, for the most part, nobody can force us to do anything we do not want to do. We get your point, but if you could now please show some common courtesy and manners, and not post here anymore, it would be appreciated.

Hyperion667, texex91, jerrylhs1 and MTrauman: Thank you guys for supporting my journey and thank you for participating. I just logged on a few minutes ago and started to read everything and your comments brought smiles.

Much appreciated and thank you guys.
We need more pics now of that beauty!!
Old 11-28-2014, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,556 Likes on 2,032 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I'm going to try and help you here:

it's called being supportive, friendly and civil.......this is a community of guys that really like MB, (yourself included) and we like to oodle over it all....LM has been waiting an awfully long time, and has spent a lot of money for special order items: everyone here is happy for him, excited for him and really looking forward to HIM getting his car! It isn't exactly about a car, but the journey LM has been on and the support he receives from all of us show our quality too.........kind of like you've just shown yours ()
Oh, OK, I'm sorry. I guess I thought that when someone was in a position to order a car like this, they didn't need anyone's "support," but I guess I was wrong. I apologize for being so heartless, insensitive and unsupportive, because as we all know, it's all a "journey." So, to everyone here, who has suffered through the unbearable trials and tribulations of ordering an ultra luxury car, please accept my "support," because you're good enough, you're smart enough and doggonit, people like you!
Old 11-28-2014, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Transportation to my new car has arrived.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 11-28-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:10 AM

Too Many
Originally Posted by LovinMercedes
Transportion to my new car has arrived.
Woohoo! How long a flight? Keep picks coming when you get to dealership
Old 11-28-2014, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by texex91
Woohoo! How long a flight? Keep picks coming when you get to dealership
I am in LA, so only about an hour.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:44 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
I think what makes this car so special to everyone who has been following the process is how thoroughly Lovin' has kept us up to date. We're all MB "nuts" and love our cars, but this one is really special to everybody who has been following this. It will be great to see pictures of "our" car . . . I'm just glad it's Lovin' writing the check and not me .
Old 11-28-2014, 11:57 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Oh, OK, I'm sorry. I guess I thought that when someone was in a position to order a car like this, they didn't need anyone's "support," but I guess I was wrong. I apologize for being so heartless, insensitive and unsupportive, because as we all know, it's all a "journey." So, to everyone here, who has suffered through the unbearable trials and tribulations of ordering an ultra luxury car, please accept my "support," because you're good enough, you're smart enough and doggonit, people like you!
there were two other words after the word 'supportive' that you missed.......actually.....you've quite missed it altogether
Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson
I think what makes this car so special to everyone who has been following the process is how thoroughly Lovin' has kept us up to date. We're all MB "nuts" and love our cars, but this one is really special to everybody who has been following this. It will be great to see pictures of "our" car . . . I'm just glad it's Lovin' writing the check and not me .
Old 11-28-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
Wanted to throw out a little something about the dealership on Howard St. in San Francisco. I transport high-end cars in an enclosed trailer and although don't usually do new car deliveries will occasionally deliver to a dealership. I had the occasion to deliver an SLS to this dealership and as I'm not in there on a regular basis, needed some additional information as to where to park the transporter and who to see once I arrived. I ended up talking to the sales manager who honestly couldn't have been nicer. A lot of times dealerships treat the transporters as mere peons, but this guy was really great. He arranged for a spot for me to park and had a lot attendant standing by for my arrival. If I was treated as well as I was, I can imagine how well they treat their customers who are spending north of $150K.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML63
Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson
I'm just glad it's Lovin' writing the check and not me .
Exactly! Even though we are not writing a check, we have had the same level of engagement and fun as the person who ultimately will reduce his checkbook by one page. This thread has been and is a great manifestation of somebody who is super passionate about the MB brand and particular setup of his customized vehicle sharing the joy of getting through all the steps with the rest of us. Please don’t ruin our experience by posting something by an accident or while in a bad mood. Think twice!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Taking delivery...

Old 11-28-2014, 03:09 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
the arrival!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:10 PM

ML63
When are we going to start opening bottles of our favorite drinks???
Old 11-28-2014, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 298 Likes on 207 Posts
2022 EQS580
Allow me to add my congratulations, Lovin! What a fantastic looking car. I am very happy for you and thank you for keeping us all up to today all these months on this amazing journey. We will be waiting for more photos and more details after you get to drive your beauty.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:47 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
I missed the post where you opted for the coupe steering wheel too
Old 11-28-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sl600
Are those tweeters on the side pillars?
Old 11-28-2014, 05:10 PM

Too Many
Originally Posted by F1BHP
Are those tweeters on the side pillars?
Comes with the upgraded Bur 3D
Old 11-28-2014, 07:09 PM

none
It looks outstanding. Love the steering wheel and grill.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Customized Special Order 2015 S550 - The wait begins