MBrace Travel Journal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
MBrace Travel Journal

Has anyone used some of the advanced features of MBrace's Travel Journal to track your driving history of your New S Class?

Mine had been working great up until May 28th and now there are technical problems MBrace is dealing with. They have called be back numerous times with no fix as of yet. They told me other people have had the same problems.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550
Haven't used the travel journal yet. Have you found it useful? (When it worked)
Old 06-13-2014, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by DaveVY
Haven't used the travel journal yet. Have you found it useful? (When it worked)

It was (and will be) helpful to me since I use my vehicle for business. Besides capturing business miles in a mileage log book it will help remind me of where I have been so I can capture all the necessary business purposes of my travels pinpointed on a map. I am **** about keeping track of my business use especially since I am a CPA with a legal background and constantly advise my tax and financial planning/investment clients to document there business use on their automobiles. One must have contemporaneous records to document auto business use in the US.

So I am bummed that MBrace is having some difficulty with the Travel Log Journal.

This travel history would also be important for some who give their kid the car keys and the parent wants to know where the car has traveled and where the current location of the car is.

Might also be cool if you think your spouse is cheating on you to track where he/she has been.

Cool technology!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550
Thanks! The logging of miles for business use makes sense and the kid tracking too.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Just as an update. MBrace travel journal is now working for anyone that would like to use it. Finally Mbrace fixed the issues with the travel journal.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 201 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by MTrauman
Just as an update. MBrace travel journal is now working for anyone that would like to use it. Finally Mbrace fixed the issues with the travel journal.
I've had my S550 now for 3 and a half months and this is the first time I have heard about this travel journal. How do you bring it up? Is it under the MBrace apps?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
I've had my S550 now for 3 and a half months and this is the first time I have heard about this travel journal. How do you bring it up? Is it under the MBrace apps?

I have attached the MBrace Driving/Travel Journal Fact sheet.

You would need to be signed up in Owners Online on MBUSA.com (free) to access the driving journal of the history of your car's travels.

The attached gives a step by step "how it works" breakdown. You need to have an active MBrace Plus subscriptions and be signed up on owners online.

It is pretty cool! You can track where your cars has been and set speed limit parameters to get e-mails/texts if the car exceeds a certain mph.

You can also set valet parameters should you valet your car to make sure the valet does not drive your car all over town--you will receive a text or e-mail if this occurs.
Attached Files

Last edited by MTrauman; 07-16-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Thanks! I am a member of of Owners Online but haven't visited there for ages. Does the complimentary MBrace Plus expire after 3 months or 6 months? I get all confused with the different levels. If it expires after 3 months, mine has expired since I told them not to renew the Internet Radio service because it was worthless due to very slow Internet speed.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Thanks! I am a member of of Owners Online but haven't visited there for ages. Does the complimentary MBrace Plus expire after 3 months or 6 months? I get all confused with the different levels. If it expires after 3 months, mine has expired since I told them not to renew the Internet Radio service because it was worthless due to very slow Internet speed.

MBrace Plus expires after the three month trial subscription.

Just for what its worth: Initially my internet radio rarely worked. A good concept but bad implementation. With that said, they must have done something over the past couple of months to make it better. Now my internet radio works most of the time--it is a great feature of the car. It is now rare when it does not work. I really like listening to European stations--in particular the ones that are in German so I can learn more German to compete with my 15 year old son (he is almost fluent in German).
Old 07-16-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by MTrauman
MBrace Plus expires after the three month trial subscription.

Just for what its worth: Initially my internet radio rarely worked. A good concept but bad implementation. With that said, they must have done something over the past couple of months to make it better. Now my internet radio works most of the time--it is a great feature of the car. It is now rare when it does not work. I really like listening to European stations--in particular the ones that are in German so I can learn more German to compete with my 15 year old son (he is almost fluent in German).
Wow! Maybe I need to call MBrace and sign up for it again. I was having a hell of a time trying to listen to stations from Greece. It would buffer constantly or not work at all. If you sense any more changes for the better please let me know. Thanks again!