MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   S63 Exhaust Tips on S550?? (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/555077-s63-exhaust-tips-s550.html)

idodvrc 09-03-2014 07:43 PM

S63 Exhaust Tips on S550??

Does anyone know if the S63 quad exhaust tips will fit on the S550 without modification?

Thanks!

hyperion667 09-04-2014 07:23 AM

why why why?

06E55 09-06-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 6157186)
why why why?

Next he will put the AMG and S63 badges on his car as well, because it has AMG wheels and exhaust tips!!! :slap:

Gsc 09-06-2014 09:12 AM

Major POSER move....don't do it!

Wolfman 09-06-2014 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gsc (Post 6159373)
Major POSER move....don't do it!

Silly comment.

This is no poser move whatsoever. Quad tips just look better an have nothing to do with posing. Fake AMG batches are posing. After all, all of these tips are just fake end pieces put on for looks on either model. I for one like The Brabus tips better.

Wolfman 09-06-2014 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by idodvrc (Post 6156753)
Does anyone know if the S63 quad exhaust tips will fit on the S550 without modification?

Thanks!

If you have the sport package, you can buy the tips, brackets and a new diffuser. If not, no retrofit is possible (without real modifications)

sakodik 09-08-2014 12:35 PM

It should work on the newer models. The exhaust opening is the same length it looks like from the standard 550 to 63, just the 63 has it cut up in middle to give it the quad design.

NOT true on the out going 221 models. That I know you have to cut open to allow more room for the larger quads over the normal sports package dual exhaust. I did this on my 2007 S550, it looks much better. No I did not put on amg badge, there was a S65 already in the garage :)

Wolfman 09-08-2014 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sako (Post 6161157)
It should work on the newer models. The exhaust opening is the same length it looks like from the standard 550 to 63, just the 63 has it cut up in middle to give it the quad design. NOT true on the out going 221 models. That I know you have to cut open to allow more room for the larger quads over the normal sports package dual exhaust. I did this on my 2007 S550, it looks much better. No I did not put on amg badge, there was a S65 already in the garage :)

On the W222, the AMG quad tips are wider than the stock exhaust tips, so cutting would be required on the stock bumper. The sport package bumper works by replacing the diffuser with the AMG one.

Gsc 09-08-2014 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfman (Post 6159537)
Silly comment.

This is no poser move whatsoever. Quad tips just look better an have nothing to do with posing. Fake AMG batches are posing. After all, all of these tips are just fake end pieces put on for looks on either model. I for one like The Brabus tips better.

That's your opinion. BTW- We have similar tastes in cars..

Wolfman 09-08-2014 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gsc (Post 6161376)
That's your opinion. BTW- We have similar tastes in cars..

In the end, everything is a subjective opinion. Posing means pretending. I just have difficulties seeing of how somebody pretends to have a S63 when they have a S550 badge on it and quad tips with logos that virtually nobdy can see.

What would an aftermarket exhaust make the owner? Are AMG wheels posing?

IMO the company that really blurs the line towards posing is BMW. Virtually half their cars now sell with M-packages that feature full-fledged M-logos on steering wheels and door sills. Clearly not actual M-cars but once de-badged they are in posing territory.

Btw. a common mod on the 750 is the install of the 760 quad tips. Looks very cool and really enhances the look of the car. I have considered that one but only lowered and coded the car.

sub39h 11-07-2016 08:53 AM

Greetings from the UK everyone, first post so please be gentle.

My dad is about to take delivery of an S350d L AMG-Line, and thinks that having no exhaust tips showing on the rear end looks awful. He had a genuine AMG accessories quad exhaust fitted to his W221 320 CDI and was wanting something similar for his S350d.

I've managed to find the part numbers for the AMG quad tips:

A231 4900 127 and A231 4900 227

What are the part numbers for the diffuser trim please? are there 3 separate parts or 5 because I can't seem to work it out. I've had a look at http://mercedes.7zap.com/en/eu/fg/car/ but the part numbers look like they're the same for the S63 and the non AMG models and that can't be right? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

S.

Nice Ride 11-07-2016 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfman (Post 6159537)
Silly comment.

I would personally go with the Brabus. I love the color/look way better than anything else....

Either way, make it your own... :zoom:

Mitch Alsup 11-07-2016 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by idodvrc (Post 6156753)

A) it depends on what you call modification
and
B) you are a poser if you do it.

e55phil 07-14-2017 08:36 AM

The other day I saw two S class cars up on a rack. One was an S 63 the other and S550. When I looked at the cars from underneath I could hardly tell the difference in the exhaust system at least in the back of the car. As near as I can tell the only difference is the exhaust tip.

I travel to Europe a lot and I saw the 20 inch multi spoke wheels and I thought they looked nice so I bought them. After they arrived I saw that they had AMG on the side. I never thought of myself as poser I just thought that the wheels looked nice.

I also thought the quad tips look nice but I don't want to do anything to my car that is not stock except for putting film on the hood and fenders to prevent stones from damaging my hood and fenders.

Sometimes I've seen people who put AMG badges on their car. I agree that's ridiculous.

Streamliner 07-15-2017 02:32 PM

Well, I know I'm going to get the crap kicked out of me over this, but what the hell?

Whenever I see an AMG badged S Class, I just laugh. Another person driving an over powered, over priced, noisy, rough riding, gas guzzling, plummeting in value car with no place to drive it legally in the US, anywhere even close to its limits. To me, ALL AMG badged S Class drivers are "posers," because they are driving ridiculous cars on public roads and highways, pretending they are Aryton Senna. Might as well walk around with boxing gloves on, pretending to be Lennox Lewis.

One would think that by the time someone matures to the point where they want and can afford a huge, heavy saloon like an S Class, that they would have put their "look at me, mine's bigger than yours" days behind them. Oh well, I guess I should be glad they are getting their testosterone fix driving something relatively quiet, as opposed to the fuxing, low life idiots roaring around on modified Harleys.:D

Manofsteelpt 07-16-2017 08:51 AM

^^^^Never gets old, does it? Has absolutely nothing to do with the OP either.

Why buy a Patek Philippe when a Timex will tell the time too?

Wolfman 07-16-2017 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 7210464)
Well, I know I'm going to get the crap kicked out of me over this, but what the hell?

Whenever I see an AMG badged S Class, I just laugh. Another person driving an over powered, over priced, noisy, rough riding, gas guzzling, plummeting in value car with no place to drive it legally in the US, anywhere even close to its limits. To me, ALL AMG badged S Class drivers are "posers," because they are driving ridiculous cars on public roads and highways, pretending they are Aryton Senna. Might as well walk around with boxing gloves on, pretending to be Lennox Lewis.

One would think that by the time someone matures to the point where they want and can afford a huge, heavy saloon like an S Class, that they would have put their "look at me, mine's bigger than yours" days behind them. Oh well, I guess I should be glad they are getting their testosterone fix driving something relatively quiet, as opposed to the fuxing, low life idiots roaring around on modified Harleys.:D

I tend to agree that this is not a reasonable rationale...

If the US speed limit would be defining criteria for purchasing a car, 90% of cars built in the world are overkill and thus, for posers of one kind or another..

A tiny Mercedes A-class would be sufficient as it has the interior volume of an S-Class in a small package ;)

People buy what they want and that's how it should be.