MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Seat Leather Pulling Away From Headrest Post (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/556268-seat-leather-pulling-away-headrest-post.html)

MTrauman 09-14-2014 05:31 PM

Seat Leather Pulling Away From Headrest Post

Has anyone experienced any of your seats leather pulling away from the area where the chrome headrest post go into the seats?

My driver side seat leather is pulling away from the post so that the leather is no longer connected to the plastic piece right under the headrest. This clearly is a manufacturing defect that I plan on addressing under warranty but I just wanted to see if anyone has noticed this. I have had the 2014 S550 4Matic for just over 7 months and just noticed this. I have the Nappa leather seats. I am hoping that the leather can just be pulled tight and re-connected to the headrest post without getting into replacing the whole seat.

MTrauman 11-03-2014 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by MTrauman (Post 6167288)
Has anyone experienced any of your seats leather pulling away from the area where the chrome headrest post go into the seats?

My driver side seat leather is pulling away from the post so that the leather is no longer connected to the plastic piece right under the headrest. This clearly is a manufacturing defect that I plan on addressing under warranty but I just wanted to see if anyone has noticed this. I have had the 2014 S550 4Matic for just over 7 months and just noticed this. I have the Nappa leather seats. I am hoping that the leather can just be pulled tight and re-connected to the headrest post without getting into replacing the whole seat.

UPDATE-Just took my '14 S550 4matic in for the 10,000 mile service. The separation of the leather at the headrest post requires an entire seat back under warranty. The seat has just been ordered from Germany.

Other than this, I have had great luck for the first 10,000 miles.

konigstiger 11-03-2014 05:11 PM

Did they resolve the parking brake concern?
https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...ml#post6216049

Never mind, wrong person.

hyperion667 11-03-2014 09:28 PM

I can imagine many of us(myself included) checking for this issue tonight LOL.......thanx for the heads up, I'll be getting my 10K soon; but not at the dealer

newyorktoLA 11-03-2014 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by MTrauman (Post 6219007)
UPDATE-Just took my '14 S550 4matic in for the 10,000 mile service. The separation of the leather at the headrest post requires an entire seat back under warranty. The seat has just been ordered from Germany.

Other than this, I have had great luck for the first 10,000 miles.

I'm surprised your dealer didn't just say it was "wear and tear!!!"

MTrauman 11-04-2014 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by amaycg (Post 6219364)
I'm surprised your dealer didn't just say it was "wear and tear!!!"

It is very clear it is not wear and tear but a manufacturing defect.

I have a long history with the dealer (18 years) and they know that I keep pristine vehicles. In fact, when my dealer sold my '08 S550 4matic they stated that the bottom of the car looks like it just came from the factory with 70,000 miles on the vehicle and the light tan interior is the cleanest they have ever seen for a used vehicle.

MTrauman 12-05-2014 03:22 PM

Update--just got my car back from the dealer. They replaced the drivers front seatback leather cover under warranty. I am guessing the leather seat issue is not a common issue but I wanted to give an update none-the-less. It was at the dealer for two days. The Nappa leather seat back cover was $1200 but I am guessing the labor is significantly more since they took the whole driver's seat apart and put it back together.

LovinMercedes 12-05-2014 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MTrauman (Post 6253877)
Update--just got my car back from the dealer. They replaced the drivers front seatback leather cover under warranty. I am guessing the leather seat issue is not a common issue but I wanted to give an update none-the-less. It was at the dealer for two days. The Nappa leather seat back cover was $1200 but I am guessing the labor is significantly more since they took the whole driver's seat apart and put it back together.

Great. I am glad it worked out. Frankly, I was a little worried for you about whether the leather color would match perfectly but I assume you are all good.

Glad it worked out.

MTrauman 12-05-2014 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMercedes (Post 6253985)
Great. I am glad it worked out. Frankly, I was a little worried for you about whether the leather color would match perfectly but I assume you are all good.

Glad it worked out.

Yes I was a little worried about this as well. It appears to be a good color match but I picked it up during my work day and have not had a chance to look at it in detail in my garage with sufficient light. It is gloomy and rainy out today so I did not want to stand out in the rain. But my quick look looks good.

hyperion667 12-05-2014 06:46 PM

good for you man; hope the seat doesn't start malfunctioning on you now that they took it apart: I'm having my backseats taken out to replace the seat belts.........nervous........

that reminds me: you guys in the 15's have the back seat belts that have the air bags in them??

jenz 12-05-2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 6254107)
that reminds me: you guys in the 15's have the back seat belts that have the air bags in them??

if you get the pkg with 4 zone a/c