A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Cars
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I am glad you like your CL600. They are great cars, but technically outdated. This doesn't diminish from its quality but simply marks a stepping stone in the evolution of MB's car designs.

Love the V12. It's an old engine design but delivers outstanding performance and its long production cycle shows that this engine has proven itself.

That said, picking the CL over the S-Class coupe is simply a choice of taste, nothing else.
Just like prior CL's, the S-Class coupe is in its first production year with limited choices in the US. In Europe, the car is available with RWD and MBC and 9 speed tranny and may also become available as a 600 model as well (like the sedan), even though the SL600 option was killed.

At that point you would have an Apple to Apple comparison interior-wise.
What I am puzzled by is your complaints about the wood. The S-Class coupe has more wood on the dash than the old CL. Am I missing something?

I agree with everything you are saying. I even mentioned that the CL needed more electronics (more content). As for wood, the S Coupe lacks wood. Compare it to the S Sedan and you will see. The dash of the S Sedan has a better flow and is all around more appealing. Also, if MBZ wanted to save money, they should have used the same dash and not tried to make different one. I debated heavily over the car but couldn't stand the shape of the new dash or the fact the door panels have so little on them. (only brushed aluminum where it should be wood). The interior IMO, should have an abundance of wood throughout. It should be what the S 600 interior is. Think about it, if your paying 24K over the price of a base S Sedan, why wouldn't you get MORE content instead of less? It is only logical. Also, another thing that bothers me is the fact the front end looks just like a CLS, E, SL, CLA, as well as from the side, it looks like ANY of all the cars MBZ makes and from the rear it looks very similar to the E. So, even though we are MBZ lovers, we know the difference but to people that do not know it is basically just a regular standard coupe by MBZ. Most people have no idea that they are as so expensive. If you don't buy one with a Designo interior you have a dressed up pig. I am sure you are aware that ALL MBZ cars are FULL MB-TEX, even the CL and S (coupe and sedan),except for the seats and steering wheel). Only if you buy a 600 or a Designo, do you then get a full leather interior. Don't you think for a 95K (base) car you should have standard full leather interior, esp. on the S Coupe at 124K base?? It only makes sense.
Everyone is always saying the articles say this and say that. I was reading one that said the interior on an S was FULL leather ( the car pictured was a base without a Designo interior). We all know that isn't true. He didn't know what he was talking about. So, unless you have a real MBZ person writing the article, you cant believe everything you read.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 11-30-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by 2014CL600
I agree with everything you are saying. I even mentioned that the CL needed more electronics (more content). As for wood, the S Coupe lacks wood. Compare it to the S Sedan and you will see. The dash of the S Sedan has a better flow and is all around more appealing. Also, if MBZ wanted to save money, they should have used the same dash and not tried to make different one. I debated heavily over the car but couldn't stand the shape of the new dash or the fact the door panels have so little on them. (only brushed aluminum where it should be wood). The interior IMO, should have an abundance of wood throughout. It should be what the S 600 interior is. Think about it, if your paying 24K over the price of a base S Sedan, why wouldn't you get MORE content instead of less? It is only logical. Also, another thing that bothers me is the fact the front end looks just like a CLS, E, SL, CLA, as well as from the side, it looks like ANY of all the cars MBZ makes and from the rear it looks very similar to the E. So, even though we are MBZ lovers, we know the difference but to people that do not know it is basically just a regular standard coupe by MBZ. Most people have no idea that they are as so expensive. If you don't buy one with a Designo interior you have a dressed up pig. I am sure you are aware that ALL MBZ cars are FULL MB-TEX, even the CL and S (coupe and sedan),except for the seats and steering wheel). Only if you buy a 600 or a Designo, do you then get a full leather interior. Don't you think for a 95K (base) car you should have standard full leather interior, esp. on the S Coupe at 124K base?? It only makes sense.
Everyone is always saying the articles say this and say that. I was reading one that said the interior on an S was FULL leather ( the car pictured was a base without a Designo interior). We all know that isn't true. He didn't know what he was talking about. So, unless you have a real MBZ person writing the article, you cant believe everything you read.
Had both 600's and Designo's so I understand the leather options/qualities. Also have a ML350 which has MB-Tex which is terrible IMO (BMW does it better with at least a base leather on the seats). It's a car for errands, so no big deal...
That said, getting the exclusive nappa of the S-Class/Coupe will get you the full leather dash/doors/dynamica as well.

My point was that you are comparing the sedan to the coupe dash wood. On the last model (W221/C216), there was the same lack of wood on the dash in the coupe as compared to the sedan (as evidenced on your CL).
MB simply continues the design philosophy that the coupe has less wood (for a more sporty appearance I assume).
There is clearly less wood on the doors (lowers) on the S-Class coupe but that is a design decision and yours clearly has more wood than the stock CL550. So, who knows if they don't throw some extra wood on the doors in a upcoming V12 Coupe...

As for the price difference between coupe and sedan, that is the same as before. The sedan was $16k less on the last gen. I think that has more to do with production volume and extra margin MB cashes in. No change here
Old 11-30-2014, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
I understand and you are right. Yes, the S of previous had more wood in some places and less in others. In the 00-06 they had the same and I have noticed that 07-14 had less wood than the previous W215., such as the upper lighted roof console and rear A/C register surround (on the 600 series). Sporty or not (IMO) at 119K as just a base car, they should have more amenities. It is more than up to date on electronics but lacking in substance and distinction. That was my basic original comments. I wish my car had all the bells and whistles of the new generation but even though it doesn't the, 11-14 CL ,all around ( electronics aside) is just a finer car,plus has more content than most every car on the market today. It is the little details that I pay attention to. When have you ever seen a SEC or CL or S Coupe (of old) not have the metal flashing that covers the inside of the outer door opening. They have been doing that since I can remember. My problem is with, the taking away from the car and raising the price. I have always liked a car that flowed forwards in design over the design of rearward flowing lines. Basically, for me it isn't a car I like. It looks to much like the rest of the MBZ car line. That is my own thoughts. I think the car is beautiful but I think it has become less special. There are things I like about the car but there are more things I do not care for that out weight the things I do care for. So, that is why I will keep my new CL and new GT and when it comes time to find another car, it will be a different brand ( unless the S coupe comes out in a 600 with a finer dash and with more visual content on the outside). Like I said if BMW would pay attention to interiors, Id love to own the 6 Series but they just don't put any effort into interior design.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 11-30-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
I have one last thing and then I'm done. I understand people didn't like the 07-14. I was one of them. It wasn't until 2011, did I stand up and take notice of the car. I didn't care for the car at all until then, that was why I went to a Bentley but once you drive a Bentley it is hard to go back. The 11-14 CL 600 or 65 Designo was a perfect car that would rival the Bentley but I now feel instead of coming closer to that benchmark, they are moving further away. Electronically, NO. But beauty and quality, you can not compare an Apple to an Orange. They are now in totally different worlds. Just look at the interior of the Bentley and then look at the S Coupe. Not comparable any longer. I am sure Bentley will step up their game with a re-design and electronics upgrade and then nothing will be able to touch it. It is all a matter of time. Mercedes will see if the S Coupe is a success or failure once it has been on the market a few years. Much like the SL which was a flop and is being redesigned for 2016. I hope they learn from their mistakes instead or repeating them.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

I have one last thing and then I'm done. I understand people didn't like the 07-14. I was one of them. It wasn't until 2011, did I stand up and take notice of the car. I didn't care for the car at all until then, that was why I went to a Bentley but once you drive a Bentley it is hard to go back. The 11-14 CL 600 or 65 Designo was a perfect car that would rival the Bentley but I now feel instead of coming closer to that benchmark, they are moving further away. Electronically, NO. But beauty and quality, you can not compare an Apple to an Orange. They are now in totally different worlds. Just look at the interior of the Bentley and then look at the S Coupe. Not comparable any longer. I am sure Bentley will step up their game with a re-design and electronics upgrade and then nothing will be able to touch it. It is all a matter of time. Mercedes will see if the S Coupe is a success or failure once it has been on the market a few years. Much like the SL which was a flop and is being redesigned for 2016. I hope they learn from their mistakes instead or repeating them.
I suggest to try the new S65 coupe then. Bentley won't be able to touch that one now or in the future. Either way, Bentley won't step up in electronics unless VW does and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:23 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Airmousam
Most premium manf are going down segment to increase sales, no surprise there..The Macan your getting starts at 51k (I'll assume you're not getting the base) which is also very similar $ to the base Cayenne. The Macan will also be available soon in a 4 banger, prob mid 40ish. I'm sure it will be crossed shopped against the x3, GLK and GLA. I know the horror of it!
The 4 cylinder model won't be coming to the States actually. Only for Asia and maybe some ROW market/s I believe.

Re: Bentley electronics. I've heard that VAG is sourcing Audi to supply infotainment and such in the future, for all(?) brands, and each brand will get its own custom look and nuances, etc.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
Originally Posted by K-A
The 4 cylinder model won't be coming to the States actually. Only for Asia and maybe some ROW market/s I believe.

Re: Bentley electronics. I've heard that VAG is sourcing Audi to supply infotainment and such in the future, for all(?) brands, and each brand will get its own custom look and nuances, etc.

Could very well be right on the 4, would not make a lot of sense IMO. Reviews on the Macan were quite good, should be a fun ride!
Old 11-30-2014, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Now the S Coupe is ugly and is a failure? The delirium continues. The S Coupe has a more dynamic look than the CL ever did and it isn't stodgy and old man looking either, like the CL.

M
Old 11-30-2014, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
The 65 might be nice

Old 11-30-2014, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Now the S Coupe is ugly and is a failure? The delirium continues. The S Coupe has a more dynamic look than the CL ever did and it isn't stodgy and old man looking either, like the CL.

M

What ever you think is fine with me! I can not be concerned about your opinions nor do they matter to me. IMO, I do not care for the S Coupe plain and simple. That was the question first introduced. I prefer the old CL to the new S Coupe. End of discussion for me. Also, no matter how wonderful the 65 electronically will be, it will never be able to be in the same category as the GT.

If you do actually own a 6 Series, I will say you have a wonderful car, as long as it isn't BLACK, WHITE or SILVER. They have some AMAZING colors for that car, I just wish they had nicer interiors and were more into luxury than GERMAN engineering. The buffalo stamped interiors are very cheap looking. When I saw one at the post office, I went straight to the dealership to buy one. I couldn't stand the interior and didn't even take it for a test drive. Maybe they will improve them for 15 or offer an upgraded leather package. Even the Corvette has a full leather interior including the dash and door panels, you would think since a 50K car offers it wouldn't it be standard on all cars over 80k? Plus, I wouldn't have a Lexus if you were to give it to me as a gift. Id turn it in to be recycled, where is should have been to begin with.

I never said what you quoted nor implied it. Only time will tell. Yes, the SL was a failure on so many levels. It didn't take much time to figure that out. Maybe they will figure out the S Coupe needs to be stepped up.

Now all that being said. I am not answering any more posts to this forum section. Let someone else view their opinions of the new S Coupe. I have seen many thread stating the same things I have.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 11-30-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What ever you think is fine with me! I can not be concerned about your opinions nor do they matter to me. IMO, I do not care for the S Coupe plain and simple. That was the question first introduced. I prefer the old CL to the new S Coupe. End of discussion for me. Also, no matter how wonderful the 65 electronically will be, it will never be able to be in the same category as the GT.

If you do actually own a 6 Series, I will say you have a wonderful car, as long as it isn't BLACK, WHITE or SILVER. They have some AMAZING colors for that car, I just wish they had nicer interiors and were more into luxury than GERMAN engineering. The buffalo stamped interiors are very cheap looking. When I saw one at the post office, I went straight to the dealership to buy one. I couldn't stand the interior and didn't even take it for a test drive. Maybe they will improve them for 15 or offer an upgraded leather package. Even the Corvette has a full leather interior including the dash and door panels, you would think since a 50K car offers it wouldn't it be standard on all cars over 80k? Plus, I wouldn't have a Lexus if you were to give it to me as a gift. Id turn it in to be recycled, where is should have been to begin with.

I never said what you quoted nor implied it. Only time will tell. Yes, the SL was a failure on so many levels. It didn't take much time to figure that out. Maybe they will figure out the S Coupe needs to be stepped up.

Now all that being said. I am not answering any more posts to this forum section. Let someone else view their opinions of the new S Coupe. I have seen many thread stating the same things I have.

For someone who doesn't care what I think, you sure waste a lot of time typing about it.

Yes I own a 6-Series, WTH would I need to lie about it here for?

There ain't squat wrong with the S Coupe, if you don't like the design that is fine. The CL was a hot car back in its day, that day has passed obviously.

The S Coupe blows the VW based Bentley out the water. Sorry if you think fancier leather and interior buttons make the Bentley a better car. The S Coupe is 10 years ahead of the Bentley in tech and looks better also. Better handling, better driving and less weight. The Bentley is nothing but a warmed over VW with AWD to hide FWD with a nicer interior, and even that is arguable. News flash it does compete with the Bentley, or haven't you seen owners of the Bentley trade them in for the S Coupe? Right here on this very board. If that doesn't say it competes I don't know what does. The 200K+ price also puts the S65 Coupe right there with the Bentley also. You live in the past and you're really light on facts my friend.

You sound like the worst kind of Mercedes owner, the clueless snob kind.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 11-30-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:15 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I saw a CL next to the S Coupe at a dealer, and I actually think the CL looks more regal and distinctive, and has cleaner lines. The S Coupe might look a little sportier due to a smaller greenhouse and slight proportional effects but both look geared at an older clientele for sure (aside from the goofy boy racer fake air vents on the S "Sport"), who happen to be who can typically afford it. I thought the S Coupe looked maybe more homogenized (especially knowing upcoming models) and more awkward, and the C216 was considered a little homogenized for a big MB Coupe as well. New designs almost always get the "looks younger/better" treatment, but imo in a few years, it might age kind of forgetably.

IMO, no CL/"S Coupe" has yet captured how epic the C215 was when it came out (though also an epic quality disaster). Partly because when it came out, it truly visually commanded its price as no other MB's looked like it, none undercut it being scaled down (the pillarless CLK didn't come for a few years after), and it didn't really look like anything else out there. It also importantly was one of the only ways to get the Star grill on a big car (big deal back then), while now that grill is the ubiquitous norm and the radiator grill becomes unique. It's still the highest selling S Coupe which I think explains how all that worked for it within the brand. It's sort of the tail end of MB being geared toward a somewhat concise higher end lineup, before they went full volume front and deemed it necessary and viable to cannibalize their high end market with value variations.

They'll keep pumping out the expensive stuff, but after the initial hoopla, they'll continue to collect dust on lots with their 6 figure price tags (all except for the S Sedan). That's due to demand. The AMG SLS/GT style cars on the other hand are purposefully limited production so they're a different story.

Last edited by K-A; 11-30-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
As a 215 owner I have to agree with you that was the most beautiful MB coupe , had the most interior wood too, more than the sedan !

A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-36e2eb11-c177-48ee-8c0a-1492aeda662f-2338-00000989efbb1926_zpse3ef935d.jpg

A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-ce56ad30-71de-4129-9e1a-7519571abc20_zpsisfkk9qs.png

That being said I do love the s65 coupe once I saw it in person at Pebble. beach
A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-c7ec5006-6416-4d77-b6ac-90f0bf0a1deb-2261-0000087c70966775_zps2d66d5d4.jpg
Old 11-30-2014, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by K-A
gtfo with the "BMW lover" garb man. That's just a classic fanboy excuse to face an opinion that doesn't like the brand that they so adore. My BMW's gone in a month and I'm moving onto another brand. I find perspectives are better increased when you try different products until you find the right one thus have a personally informed decision.

You ask about future S Coupe resale, well due to the reasons listed above, I think it can very well set a new low point for the lineage, especially once the C Coupe, but the next E Coupe comes out.

Thanks. Yes it's been a great car, but now I guess I'm looking for a new experience.

I'm personally waiting to see just how close M-B make the C Coupe AND then E Coupe to look like the S Coupe. I'd personally think anyone who's on the fence regarding caring about their money going toward a perceived exclusivity factor wait it out to see what M-B do with the C Coupe, because it could very well look like a smaller S Coupe down to every detail. But if they don't care, then they don't care. But this thread shows that some do.
I like when you stand against few a$$holes on this thread. Thumbs up!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Germancar1, just admit that you've been caught in the subject you are not that familiar with. 2014CL600 is quite right, CLs were not a typical regular production line cars.

Whoever didn't own/drove CL550/CL63 AMG/CL600, in my opinion can't really say what the difference is between them.
Funny thing, my wife who knows NOTHING nothing about CLs, immediately commented on the new CL 63 AMG "plasticiness/cheap feeling comparing to my previous CL600. She even threw Acura comparison to the mix, lol.
600s are the true flagships of MB line, whatever they do to them in the process (lol). The rest is ... just not-so-cheap-run-of-the-mill.

But I digress, whatever tickles your fancy...

Btw, the new C Coupe line (exterior wise) is just f*****ugly.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Red Marko
Germancar1, just admit that you've been caught in the subject you are not that familiar with. 2014CL600 is quite right, CLs were not a typical regular production line cars.

Whoever didn't own/drove CL550/CL63 AMG/CL600, in my opinion can't really say what the difference is between them.
Funny thing, my wife who knows NOTHING nothing about CLs, immediately commented on the new CL 63 AMG "plasticiness/cheap feeling comparing to my previous CL600. She even threw Acura comparison to the mix, lol.
600s are the true flagships of MB line, whatever they do to them in the process (lol). The rest is ... just not-so-cheap-run-of-the-mill.

But I digress, whatever tickles your fancy...

Btw, the new C Coupe line (exterior wise) is just f*****ugly.

Oh please man, if you think that I have some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona LOL. The CL was a production car like any other MB.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 11-30-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
I don't really want to get into this whole argument and say anything disparaging about anyone, but the notion that the CL was not a production car is absurd.

Before sending this, I even talked to a friend of mine at Mercedes Benz Montvale who confirmed this, so you can stop arguing, at least on this point.

What you may be confusing this with is that the CL600's were not built unless they were allocated to a specific dealership for a customer, but all CL's were built on the same assembly line as other production cars.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 11-30-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Every time there is a new model out, there is a small group of customers that continue buying the previous gen.
Good for them. Good for the dealer. Nothing wrong with that. It's annoying though that they are so vocal of how much the hate the new generation cars. Wrong forum. Nobody cares here. Post it in the C216 forum

I also liked the C215. We had one 14 years ago. Awesome interior for its time and a lots of great design elements, specially that roof line. The front end not so much. Looks like an old four eye E-Class.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Red Marko
Flagships are the 65's at this point. The 600 interior is a step up from the 550/63 and a step below the 65.

That changes a bit if the car has Designo but the stock 63 and the 55's before were stock leather with MBtex dash/doors. On par with the 550's.

MB did step up the game with the W222. Seems like most people forgot that the standard W221 leather was pretty crappy.

But I wouldn't put a 600 on a pedestal as some type of special built. They are produced on the same production line as any other MB. Same as AMG's btw.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist

I'm not getting into the CL vs. S Coupe debate as looks are subjective and opinions are plentiful but based on personal preferences. However, is it fact that the SL is being redesigned for 2016?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Redesigned, no. There might be a facelift coming for 2016, but if so we should start seeing test vehicles now. There haven't been any. The SLK is first I'd bet.

M
Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
there are '14 CL's??? where???
Old 12-02-2014, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
GERMAN CAR1 I think everyone on this fourum can agree, your as ***.

Guys, the CL's were built on a sub assembly line starting with the beautiful W215 in 99 for German production. If you have the German hard bound book, it clearly states this fact.

As for the SL and the CLS they are also being re-designed for next year. The SL has been a flop. IMO the second gen CLS is a magnificent looking automobile as is but has always needed to have an upgraded interior as everything inside looks hard and cheap and plastic. The interior is not befitting such an amazing design.

The W215 and W220 gave MBZ the kick start it needed as the company was floundering. Quality issue plagued this generation of cars but they were in deed very new for the time.

Any of the old Mercedes such as the "Bread BOX" body cars were ugly to say the least in the US ( 99 and back) and were not even thought of as anything but garbage. BMW had the market sewn up at that time.

Now, the question originally asked was, which do you like better the CL or the S? The S is becoming more of a "Gizomo" sporty car where the CL was what the car was intended to be. Elegant, rich, sophisticated and worth the price tag. The S IMO (and from what I am hearing from others) is generic and not what the car was intended originally to be. Now, you can argue all you want about the Bentley not being in the class of the S Coupe but owing both I can promise you, "You are talking out your ***" It would be like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Cadillac. There isn't anything to compare. Unless you own one or driven one, then do what the kids say today," Talk to the hand because the ears aren't listening" I can afford what ever and I want and what I want is not the S Coupe. It doesn't fit into my bracket of what a real luxury car should be. It should have an E badge on it with a much lesser price tag. The suspension (except for the magic ride is generic for all models) I can not begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the car. It looks great on paper for now but give it a few years and it will be just an ordinary old MBZ and you can buy them by the boat load and you will be able to find one in many varieties of black, silver and white. The days of color are basically gone for now. Trust me it is a new toy that will soon lose its luster, esp. with the people who can afford the car ( and I am not talking about the people that lease them, I am talking about the people who actually pay cash for them).

So, with that being said. I had the choice to move into the S coupe and decline and I am glad I did. I love my 14 CL 600 and I drive it with pride. It all boils down to how a person feels in their own car and I feel just as wonderful in it as I do in my Bentley. I think the S Coupe is a shiny new plastic toy that is suffering at the hands of the bean counters. The car needs all its original DNA crammed in it all the way down to the door end covers, wood treatments and everything MBZ can offer. At the price they are asking it doesn't even compare to the older W 216. Yes it is updated but new doesn't always mean better, as they have found out many of times. My criteria for a super high end luxury car is amenities, wood, UNIQUIE design, something that can not be mistaken for an Acura or the inside not as refined as a Lexus. The S coupe outside could be the most beautiful car on the road, put the S Sedan 600 interior and dash in it, throw in a Designo interior and make it the finest MBZ ever built but look at the OLD style mirrors, I can promise you that will be the first thing they will change on the refresh (and it was done intentionally I might ad). So, for those who love it, BUY IT and stop trying to shove your opinions on those who don't agree with you.

If you like the car great if not great as well, same with anything but don't come in and try and force your opinions down everyone's throat.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 12-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
omg, will you just shut up already.

How many times must you say that same garbage. Enough, we all get it, and nobody cares.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
If you like the car great if not great as well, same with anything but don't come in and try and force your opinions down everyone's throat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...