Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Old 12-02-2014, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Cars
You are a rude ***

omg, will you just shut up already.

How many times must you say that same garbage. Enough, we all get it, and nobody cares.

Tell us what do you drive? Do you own or lease? Can you afford a Mercedes of new or just an opinion of being rude?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:47 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
oh! and he goes THERE!!

the 'what do you drive?' insult/question??
Old 12-02-2014, 04:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Originally Posted by 2014CL600
GERMAN CAR1 I think everyone on this fourum can agree, your as ***.

Guys, the CL's were built on a sub assembly line starting with the beautiful W215 in 99 for German production. If you have the German hard bound book, it clearly states this fact.

As for the SL and the CLS they are also being re-designed for next year. The SL has been a flop. IMO the second gen CLS is a magnificent looking automobile as is but has always needed to have an upgraded interior as everything inside looks hard and cheap and plastic. The interior is not befitting such an amazing design.

The W215 and W220 gave MBZ the kick start it needed as the company was floundering. Quality issue plagued this generation of cars but they were in deed very new for the time.

Any of the old Mercedes such as the "Bread BOX" body cars were ugly to say the least in the US ( 99 and back) and were not even thought of as anything but garbage. BMW had the market sewn up at that time.

Now, the question originally asked was, which do you like better the CL or the S? The S is becoming more of a "Gizomo" sporty car where the CL was what the car was intended to be. Elegant, rich, sophisticated and worth the price tag. The S IMO (and from what I am hearing from others) is generic and not what the car was intended originally to be. Now, you can argue all you want about the Bentley not being in the class of the S Coupe but owing both I can promise you, "You are talking out your ***" It would be like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Cadillac. There isn't anything to compare. Unless you own one or driven one, then do what the kids say today," Talk to the hand because the ears aren't listening" I can afford what ever and I want and what I want is not the S Coupe. It doesn't fit into my bracket of what a real luxury car should be. It should have an E badge on it with a much lesser price tag. The suspension (except for the magic ride is generic for all models) I can not begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the car. It looks great on paper for now but give it a few years and it will be just an ordinary old MBZ and you can buy them by the boat load and you will be able to find one in many varieties of black, silver and white. The days of color are basically gone for now. Trust me it is a new toy that will soon lose its luster, esp. with the people who can afford the car ( and I am not talking about the people that lease them, I am talking about the people who actually pay cash for them).

So, with that being said. I had the choice to move into the S coupe and decline and I am glad I did. I love my 14 CL 600 and I drive it with pride. It all boils down to how a person feels in their own car and I feel just as wonderful in it as I do in my Bentley. I think the S Coupe is a shiny new plastic toy that is suffering at the hands of the bean counters. The car needs all its original DNA crammed in it all the way down to the door end covers, wood treatments and everything MBZ can offer. At the price they are asking it doesn't even compare to the older W 216. Yes it is updated but new doesn't always mean better, as they have found out many of times. My criteria for a super high end luxury car is amenities, wood, UNIQUIE design, something that can not be mistaken for an Acura or the inside not as refined as a Lexus. The S coupe outside could be the most beautiful car on the road, put the S Sedan 600 interior and dash in it, throw in a Designo interior and make it the finest MBZ ever built but look at the OLD style mirrors, I can promise you that will be the first thing they will change on the refresh (and it was done intentionally I might ad). So, for those who love it, BUY IT and stop trying to shove your opinions on those who don't agree with you.

If you like the car great if not great as well, same with anything but don't come in and try and force your opinions down everyone's throat.

I didn't realize the CLS is being re-designed for 2016, which is surprising since it just got a face lift for 2015 (just hitting dealer lots now). If true, MB seems to have abandoned historical design release/mid-cycle face-lift/redesign cycles.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2014CL600,

I'm glad that you so enjoy your CL600. It's a great car but I've never liked the looks. It's somewhat bland looking in my opinion. The S Coupe is a stunning vehicle. I have a 2015 S550 sedan that I absolutely love. The interior is beautiful and the technology is amazing. In addition, I have a Bentley and two Ferraris. All are exciting cars with great interiors and I believe that the S coupe and sedan holds their own against these cars.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but the CL was not a hand built car. I believe that the G is the only hand built Mercedes. My daily driver is a G63 and it might be my favorite.

We all have different tastes and opinions. Mine are not in-line with yours or K-A's. But, the world would be a boring place if we all agreed.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:55 PM

Tell us what do you drive? Do you own or lease? Can you afford a Mercedes of new or just an opinion of being rude?
Doesn't matter what you drive or what you can afford. We're all entitled to opinions. Especially when it comes to cars.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
My point exactly!!! Everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as it doesn't get personal and rude and offensive. If you don't agree just say so but don't try and rub crap in another's face just because it isn't what you want to hear.

Also, you can argue all you want but the CL is not a production car, they are built entirely different than any other MBZ. Call corporate and ask. They will tell you the same thing. They are not entirely hand built but they are NOT a full assembly line car. If you have any doubts, contact MBZ in Germany and they will tell you the same thing that I am telling you. It takes much longer to build the CL when produced than any other car their assembly line production cars.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Please provie me with pictures of your cars to prove your testiements

Originally Posted by G55K
2014CL600,

I'm glad that you so enjoy your CL600. It's a great car but I've never liked the looks. It's somewhat bland looking in my opinion. The S Coupe is a stunning vehicle. I have a 2015 S550 sedan that I absolutely love. The interior is beautiful and the technology is amazing. In addition, I have a Bentley and two Ferraris. All are exciting cars with great interiors and I believe that the S coupe and sedan holds their own against these cars.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but the CL was not a hand built car. I believe that the G is the only hand built Mercedes. My daily driver is a G63 and it might be my favorite.

We all have different tastes and opinions. Mine are not in-line with yours or K-A's. But, the world would be a boring place if we all agreed.

I am sorry but I do not believe you about what you drive. If you did drive a new Bentley you wouldn't have made the comments you just made. The S Sedan with the premium interior/Designo is one of the prettiest interiors going, as for outward design, it lacks in all aspects except for the tail end. I am glad you like the car. I find it technologically to be the best car on the road but IMO, you can dress up a pig and it is still a pig. They are giving MASSIVE discounts on the S Sedan and special incentives already and the car isn't even 14 months old. That should be a key indicator. Anyone can afford a 94K car plus a few goodies. You can lease those for what,1K a month or less. I think your opinion is valuable. I don't care for the 07-10 CL but find that the 11-14 CL in any version is a beautiful car and is what MBZ stands for. The S Series is IMO is not attractive. I would rather have a 7 Series. They are much more appealing. If you want status you surely don't drive a S Sedan. You of all people should know that esp. if you have these Bentley's and the likes. I felt the same way about the W216 when it first came out and wouldn't have one if it was given to me. It wasn't until the refresh, that I even took notice. Once I did I liked the car. Same with the new 7 series in the early 2000's until they did the refresh and in the later years of that car I found them to be very beautiful. So, sometime they get it right, straight out of the gate and sometimes it takes tweaking to make it right. The S Classes both need tweaking. Maybe on the refresh they will be beautiful. Same with the SL they had just gotten the SL in 09-12 perfect and then went and started it all over again. The C class is about the only one of the cars that I see as of 2015 that is right, in my eyes. Its balanced and a very nice car to look at. Not what I would want but appealing, just the same. That is my opinion. It may not carry into your thoughts but it is how I feel. That is why there are all flavors for all people.

I have always loved the 07-13 S Sedan. Everytime I see a high line one with the beautiful wheels, esp. the 11-13 and I go crazy for it. I am trying to work a deal on a 2103 S 65 Designo right now. I have always wanted one and I think it will be a perfect car for my collection, the prices are right on those and I find it spectacular!!!!! I wish the headlamps and front fender were a smoothed out like they did on the CL but other than that I can not find flaw in the car. I LOVE this model. It is impressive to say the least. That to is what a real MBZ is all about. I didn't feel that connection with the new S Sedan. Same as I have no feeling for the S Coupe.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 12-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
How could you not find this car more beautiful than the new S Sedan ??????
Attached Thumbnails A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-12-2-2014-3-25-34-pm.jpg   A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-0g_800.jpg   A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-vw_800.jpg   A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-rq_800.jpg   A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...-8q_800.jpg  

Old 12-02-2014, 07:26 PM

I am sorry but I do not believe you about what you drive. If you did drive a new Bentley you wouldn't have made the comments you just made. The S Sedan with the premium interior/Designo is one of the prettiest interiors going, as for outward design, it lacks in all aspects except for the tail end. I am glad you like the car. I find it technologically to be the best car on the road but IMO, you can dress up a pig and it is still a pig. They are giving MASSIVE discounts on the S Sedan and special incentives already and the car isn't even 14 months old. That should be a key indicator. Anyone can afford a 94K car plus a few goodies. You can lease those for what,1K a month or less. I think your opinion is valuable. I don't care for the 07-10 CL but find that the 11-14 CL in any version is a beautiful car and is what MBZ stands for. The S Series is IMO is not attractive. I would rather have a 7 Series. They are much more appealing. If you want status you surely don't drive a S Sedan. You of all people should know that esp. if you have these Bentley's and the likes. I felt the same way about the W216 when it first came out and wouldn't have one if it was given to me. It wasn't until the refresh, that I even took notice. Once I did I liked the car. Same with the new 7 series in the early 2000's until they did the refresh and in the later years of that car I found them to be very beautiful. So, sometime they get it right, straight out of the gate and sometimes it takes tweaking to make it right. The S Classes both need tweaking. Maybe on the refresh they will be beautiful. Same with the SL they had just gotten the SL in 09-12 perfect and then went and started it all over again. The C class is about the only one of the cars that I see as of 2015 that is right, in my eyes. Its balanced and a very nice car to look at. Not what I would want but appealing, just the same. That is my opinion. It may not carry into your thoughts but it is how I feel. That is why there are all flavors for all people.

I have always loved the 07-13 S Sedan. Everytime I see a high line one with the beautiful wheels, esp. the 11-13 and I go crazy for it. I am trying to work a deal on a 2103 S 65 Designo right now. I have always wanted one and I think it will be a perfect car for my collection, the prices are right on those and I find it spectacular!!!!! I wish the headlamps and front fender were a smoothed out like they did on the CL but other than that I can not find flaw in the car. I LOVE this model. It is impressive to say the least. That to is what a real MBZ is all about. I didn't feel that connection with the new S Sedan. Same as I have no feeling for the S Coupe.
You called me out!!! Alright, I'll bite. You don't believe me and I can't believe it but I'm going to post a few pictures of my cars. Lots of folks on this forum have nice cars. You're not alone.

I just took this picture. It's your response to me on my iPAD:

This is one of my favorites. I think its looks are aging well:

I live in Colorado and like going off-road:

I'm also a bit of a speed freak:

I despise, I mean really, really hate the 7 series. You want a $1,000 lease? The 7 series is your car. BMW can not give them away. My S is loaded. I got a great deal on it but it can't be had for anywhere close to $1,000. For a long commute, this is my favorite place:

I also have a home outside of Tampa, FL. My red Bentley and G550 reside in FL. Sorry, I don't have pics. But, since you want some proof, here's my old California parked next to my 612 in Colorado. Notice the FL plates? I used to keep it there. Next time I'm in FL I'll take a few pics. Don't get me wrong, I love Bentley. I like it better than the S but the S interior does rival it.

I'm passionate about cars. Have been since I was a kid. Each of my cars has a purpose whether it be enjoying the outdoors, off-roading, racing, cruising, road trips, etc. I'm not worried about "prestige". (Even though you wouldn't know it by this obnoxious post I'm typing right now!) I focus on the adrenaline rush I get while driving and enjoying these vehicles. In my humble opinion, the new S-Coupe is a beauty.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:27 PM

How could you not find this car more beautiful than the new S Sedan ??????
They're very nice. I would have bought that instead of the new S if I liked it better. I love the new S.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Wait.... wait.... wait.

Is that an OLD iPad you're using????!!!!

Old 12-02-2014, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
Wait.... wait.... wait.

Is that an OLD iPad you're using????!!!!

Of course not! My kids break them all of the time so I put them in a bank vault of a case.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 S550 - SOLD, 2014 GL550 - SOLD, 2014 GL63 AMG, 2015 S63 AMG Sedan, 2015 S63 AMG Coupe
I have both the 2015 S 63 sedan and the 2015 S 63 coupe. I have designo interior on both and 99% of available options on both. I think the coupe is a stunning vehicle inside and out. I get a lot of compliments and it attracts a lot of attention.

I have driven both the old body S and the CL. IMO the new S class - both sedan and coupe are far more luxurious and superior than old body styles. I would choose the new S class any day.

I would say that the designo interior does add another level of luxury.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
2014CL600, Lot of wrong info unfortunately. The redesign of the SL is due out in 2019 (this time as a ragtop), the facelift is due in 16 model. If hope he front end will look more like the new GT AMG. The CLS follows the e-class timing-wise and the new E (W213) is coming in March 2016. Expect the CLS earliest in 2017.

Also, to diss the S-class coupe and praise the sedan when it comes to luxury is somewhat of a joke as both are on the same level quality and design luxury-wise (even with less wood which defines luxury only to some). The coupe is also officially the quietest coupe in the world and quieter at speed than the sedan (or any Bentley or RR). Only the Mercedes Maybach is supposed quieter yet. This has nothing to do with taste.

Edit. I misread. Looks like you didn't like the sedan either. Either way, enjoy your CL in good health. I still miss the torque of our old SL600. Hope the do make a S600 coupe...

Last edited by Wolfman; 12-02-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by golfster
I didn't realize the CLS is being re-designed for 2016, which is surprising since it just got a face lift for 2015 (just hitting dealer lots now). If true, MB seems to have abandoned historical design release/mid-cycle face-lift/redesign cycles.
He doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about, that is so clear now. He's confused as to what a redesign is vs a facelift.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 12-02-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GERMAN CAR1 I think everyone on this fourum can agree, your as ***.

Guys, the CL's were built on a sub assembly line starting with the beautiful W215 in 99 for German production. If you have the German hard bound book, it clearly states this fact.

As for the SL and the CLS they are also being re-designed for next year. The SL has been a flop. IMO the second gen CLS is a magnificent looking automobile as is but has always needed to have an upgraded interior as everything inside looks hard and cheap and plastic. The interior is not befitting such an amazing design.

The W215 and W220 gave MBZ the kick start it needed as the company was floundering. Quality issue plagued this generation of cars but they were in deed very new for the time.

Any of the old Mercedes such as the "Bread BOX" body cars were ugly to say the least in the US ( 99 and back) and were not even thought of as anything but garbage. BMW had the market sewn up at that time.

Now, the question originally asked was, which do you like better the CL or the S? The S is becoming more of a "Gizomo" sporty car where the CL was what the car was intended to be. Elegant, rich, sophisticated and worth the price tag. The S IMO (and from what I am hearing from others) is generic and not what the car was intended originally to be. Now, you can argue all you want about the Bentley not being in the class of the S Coupe but owing both I can promise you, "You are talking out your ***" It would be like comparing a Rolls Royce to a Cadillac. There isn't anything to compare. Unless you own one or driven one, then do what the kids say today," Talk to the hand because the ears aren't listening" I can afford what ever and I want and what I want is not the S Coupe. It doesn't fit into my bracket of what a real luxury car should be. It should have an E badge on it with a much lesser price tag. The suspension (except for the magic ride is generic for all models) I can not begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the car. It looks great on paper for now but give it a few years and it will be just an ordinary old MBZ and you can buy them by the boat load and you will be able to find one in many varieties of black, silver and white. The days of color are basically gone for now. Trust me it is a new toy that will soon lose its luster, esp. with the people who can afford the car ( and I am not talking about the people that lease them, I am talking about the people who actually pay cash for them).

So, with that being said. I had the choice to move into the S coupe and decline and I am glad I did. I love my 14 CL 600 and I drive it with pride. It all boils down to how a person feels in their own car and I feel just as wonderful in it as I do in my Bentley. I think the S Coupe is a shiny new plastic toy that is suffering at the hands of the bean counters. The car needs all its original DNA crammed in it all the way down to the door end covers, wood treatments and everything MBZ can offer. At the price they are asking it doesn't even compare to the older W 216. Yes it is updated but new doesn't always mean better, as they have found out many of times. My criteria for a super high end luxury car is amenities, wood, UNIQUIE design, something that can not be mistaken for an Acura or the inside not as refined as a Lexus. The S coupe outside could be the most beautiful car on the road, put the S Sedan 600 interior and dash in it, throw in a Designo interior and make it the finest MBZ ever built but look at the OLD style mirrors, I can promise you that will be the first thing they will change on the refresh (and it was done intentionally I might ad). So, for those who love it, BUY IT and stop trying to shove your opinions on those who don't agree with you.

If you like the car great if not great as well, same with anything but don't come in and try and force your opinions down everyone's throat.

So much misinformation, not worth trying to straighten it all out. Sorry you feel that way. I've decided that you're either very old and senile or you're just not too bright so I won't state the obvious about you being clueless. You talk about others and what they drive being junk and then you turn around and don't believe what they say they drive. There is something wrong with you, not sure what, but you have a problem. I personally think it is some form of dementia. BTW, you're doing the very same thing you're telling others not to do, forcing an opinion down someone's throat. I noticed that now you've gone from the CL being handmade to it being made on a sub assembly line...interesting (like every other Benz).

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 12-02-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550
... That is my opinion. It may not carry into your thoughts but it is how I feel. That is why there are all flavors for all people.

I have always loved the 07-13 S Sedan. Everytime I see a high line one with the beautiful wheels, esp. the 11-13 and I go crazy for it. ... I LOVE this model. It is impressive to say the least. That to is what a real MBZ is all about. I didn't feel that connection with the new S Sedan. Same as I have no feeling for the S Coupe.
It takes lots of different opinions to make things interesting. I don't share your opinions but respect that you feel something different.

Based on first year production numbers it is obvious that many others have a different opinion from yours too. Based on public opinion (measured by first year real production numbers) MB has done something right with the new S Sedan design. I am one of those who came into the MB family due to the new S Sedan. I wasn't even seriously considering MB until the new S was released.

When shopping I thought I wanted the BMW 7 and really tried to like it but couldn't even bring myself to do a test drive as the design and interior comfort were a total turn off.

I for one am very happy that MB made the changes to the S Sedan W222 - IMO a beautiful car, the best available today. If I had the decision to make again today I would still buy the W222. I like the design language much better than the W221 and I feel it is in a totally different league than BMW's 7 series.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
ftw!!!

Old 12-03-2014, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I drive a 2005 s500 designo and a 96 911 turbo. Old and not worth much.

I make less money than you.

I have a lower net worth than you.

I can probably not afford a new S class.

I suppose therefore my opinion is invalid?
Old 12-03-2014, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Quadcammer and Germancar1, you both like to stir the pot. Everyone's opinion is valid but you both think it is OK to make posts on a personal level and when you are called out you lash out like children, thus causing a riff in the conversation. If you have nothing nice to say about someone's post, keep it to yourself. If you disagree with a post, that is all well and good. That is what these forum's are all about, opinions not personal attacks.
It would be nice if you and the likes would respond only to relevant facts rather than go publically and take them to a personal level of insults. So, whether you have as much money or driver cars that aren't worth a lot or can't afford a new car is not relevant or important. Your opinions are relevant and important, as long as you keep them civil. So, please in the future stop posting rude comments and stop trying to stir up trouble. That is why they made it so you can send PRIVATE messages, as not to involve or disturb the rest of the flow of the conversation. Thank you.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 12-03-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:07 PM

I drive a 2005 s500 designo and a 96 911 turbo. Old and not worth much.

I make less money than you.

I have a lower net worth than you.

I can probably not afford a new S class.

I suppose therefore my opinion is invalid?
A 1996 911 turbo? Awesome car.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quadcammer and Germancar1, you both like to stir the pot. Everyone's opinion is valid but you both think it is OK to make posts on a personal level and when you are called out you lash out like children, thus causing a riff in the conversation. If you have nothing nice to say about someone's post, keep it to yourself. If you disagree with a post, that is all well and good. That is what these forum's are all about, opinions not personal attacks.
It would be nice if you and the likes would respond only to relevant facts rather than go publically and take them to a personal level of insults. So, whether you have as much money or driver cars that aren't worth a lot or can't afford a new car is not relevant or important. Your opinions are relevant and important, as long as you keep them civil. So, please in the future stop posting rude comments and stop trying to stir up trouble. That is why they made it so you can send PRIVATE messages, as not to involve or disturb the rest of the flow of the conversation. Thank you.
Sorry man but you're full of BS. You're the main one here attacking people for what they drive or don't drive, calling people liars about what they own or don't own and then telling people that they're opinion isn't valid because they don't drive this or that. You started this and now you want to blame everyone else but yourself. I wouldn't my time sending you a private mesg about anything. You deride people for what they drive and now you say it isn't important? Like I said before, I feel sorry for you because there is something clearly off with your posts. You can't even remember what you said in the last one.

M
Old 12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by G55K
A 1996 911 turbo? Awesome car.
thanks! I agree, its a lot of fun to drive.

2014CL600, I think you should reflect on your own posting habits before chiding others. I'm happy to keep it to the cars, but lets also be clear what is fact and what is speculation or conjecture.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
I hope you watched the Video I posted. The man clearly stated the car was built on a slower production line. Again, if you didn't watch and listen please do so. I have not spoken out of turn. I now turned off my notifications to this forum topic. I hope the next one ends up a little nicer in tone, than this one turned out to be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Lot of '15 - S550 Coupes for sale...