S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Toolkit

Old 11-30-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 4 Matic
Toolkit

As a brand new owner, I have a million questions, so please bear with me.
This one is about what tools I should have received with my S550. Looking in the trunk, under the "door" that you lift, I see a plastic tray with compartments. The only tool in the tray is the "towing eye". Looking in the manual, I see that there should be a tire sealant filler bottle and a tire inflation compressor in the other two compartments of the plastic tray, both of which are missing in my car. Also, I do not find a jack, ratchet or other tire changing tools which are usually standard in most cars. What tools have other Forum members received in their new S550s?
Old 11-30-2014, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550
Originally Posted by Donald_S
As a brand new owner, I have a million questions, so please bear with me.
This one is about what tools I should have received with my S550. Looking in the trunk, under the "door" that you lift, I see a plastic tray with compartments. The only tool in the tray is the "towing eye". Looking in the manual, I see that there should be a tire sealant filler bottle and a tire inflation compressor in the other two compartments of the plastic tray, both of which are missing in my car. Also, I do not find a jack, ratchet or other tire changing tools which are usually standard in most cars. What tools have other Forum members received in their new S550s?
That is standard for the S sedan here in the US.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 4 Matic
Originally Posted by DaveVY
That is standard for the S sedan here in the US.
Sorry if I am being dense here, but I am not sure how to interpret the response... when you say "that is the standard for the US" do you mean that only the towing eye is included or that it is standard to have the entire Tirefit kit?
Old 11-30-2014, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by Donald_S
Sorry if I am being dense here, but I am not sure how to interpret the response... when you say "that is the standard for the US" do you mean that only the towing eye is included or that it is standard to have the entire Tirefit kit?
You get the Tirefit kit if you have conventional tires. That would only be with AMG cars and the S600 20 inch wheel. The S550 comes with Run flats and they do not use the Tirefit kit.

If you get a flat tire, you have 50 miles at 50 mph until you run out of options.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 11-30-2014 at 11:02 PM.