MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   Coupe vs Sedan (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/566553-coupe-vs-sedan.html)

verdegallardo 12-05-2014 09:35 AM

Coupe vs Sedan

I'm considering trading in my Tesla P85+ for an S550. But haven't narrowed down the couple vs sedan.

Curious what thoughts are on the couple vs the sedan. I am going to take a long drive to a dealer that has both. Actually a few of both. I'm guessing by the time there's a lot of coupes out there, resale on both would be pretty similar?

Hows the rear seat access? Is it pretty easy to access it for groceries, passengers, a pet etc?

And finally what kind of discounts on MSRP are people seeing on 2015 s550 coupes or sedans?

Thanks in advance!

Donald_S 12-05-2014 10:57 AM

Just bought an S550 sedan last week. I test drove both the coupe and sedan. The coupe is very nice looking and sporty. Driver and front passenger comfort and amenities are almost identical in coupe and sedan. The back seat is a different story altogether. For groceries and pets there would be no problem, but it is quite awkward to get into and out of the coupe. There is nothing to grab on to while getting in or out and my wife found it quite cumbersome. So, if you regularly have passengers in the back, especially adults, the coupe is not very practical. The sedan, on the other hand, while not sporty looking has lots of leg room and extremely comfortable rear seats. Ultimately, it is a very personal choice whether you want to go with the coupe or sedan, but for me, the difficulty getting in and out of the back seat in the coupe made me choose the sedan.

jenz 12-05-2014 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by verdegallardo (Post 6253426)
I'm considering trading in my Tesla P85+ for an S550. But haven't narrowed down the couple vs sedan.

Curious what thoughts are on the couple vs the sedan. I am going to take a long drive to a dealer that has both. Actually a few of both. I'm guessing by the time there's a lot of coupes out there, resale on both would be pretty similar?

Hows the rear seat access? Is it pretty easy to access it for groceries, passengers, a pet etc?

And finally what kind of discounts on MSRP are people seeing on 2015 s550 coupes or sedans?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have kids and/or another reason to put people in the back seat often? If not, go coupe.

verdegallardo 12-05-2014 10:00 PM

Thanks all. I ended up making the 3 hour drive to go test drive a coupe and a sedan. Love the S class but overall liked the sedan better but liked the handling of the coupe. Also like the grill more on the coupe. But the backseat will be a deal breaker. Also to note that was upsetting is the sun roof doesn't open at all on the coupe.

I'll probably end up getting a sedan. What kind of discounts are you guys getting off $112k MSRP on 2015s?

Also even though it's more expensive, how does the S63 handle compared to the s550 sedan? Similar but when you want more power and batter handling it's there?