Streaming iPad videos to rear seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Streaming iPad videos to rear seats

Is it possible to steam videos in iPad to the rear tvs? or is there some method to download videos into the TVs.

Thank you!
Old 12-20-2014, 06:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
VW 48
It is possible. The MB rear monitors have RCA plugs (audio L & R and video) input. Depending on the version of iPad that you are planning to connect, you will need either 30-pin-to-composite adapter or Lighting-to-HDMI. both are available from apple. If you go the Lighting to HDMI connection, you will need additional converter, HDMI to RCA, available from Amazon.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 S63 4-Matic
Originally Posted by natman316
Is it possible to steam videos in iPad to the rear tvs? or is there some method to download videos into the TVs.

Thank you!

Not sure this would be desirable, but you could (plausibly) get an Apple TV, plug that into the 110V AC (Standard American plug in) and output that to the Merc via HDMI.

Now you can wirelessly stream video or screens from any iOS device.

This is assuming that you have 110V AC on board, and you have HDMI input.

I am not advising from experience, and I could be wrong about this, so your mileage may vary.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by 3.14159
It is possible. The MB rear monitors have RCA plugs (audio L & R and video) input. Depending on the version of iPad that you are planning to connect, you will need either 30-pin-to-composite adapter or Lighting-to-HDMI. both are available from apple. If you go the Lighting to HDMI connection, you will need additional converter, HDMI to RCA, available from Amazon.
I will have to check it out, thank you!

Originally Posted by Buddyk
Not sure this would be desirable, but you could (plausibly) get an Apple TV, plug that into the 110V AC (Standard American plug in) and output that to the Merc via HDMI.

Now you can wirelessly stream video or screens from any iOS device.

This is assuming that you have 110V AC on board, and you have HDMI input.

I am not advising from experience, and I could be wrong about this, so your mileage may vary.
Is there a AC plug on board? I havent really got the chance to play with the car yet, as it is my parents car. The car has the rear seat package and rear entertainment with the two screens.

Thank you for all your help!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
stream from SD card memory source

One more option to consider, is loading your media files both audio and/or video to the sd memory card slot. You can directly stream from SD card memory source to the rear entertainment LCDs.

I just tested this option yesterday and it works great.