S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Magic Body Control Question (person w brain injury needs smoother car, please respnd)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Venza
Originally Posted by aypues
my friend has post concussion syndrome with only the headaches. She said she wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy.
Yea man its rough. I feel the same way. Really sorry to hear about your friend. Feel free to message me and we can exchange contacts. I could maybe help your friend with some info on some alternative therapies that have helped me.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,421 Likes on 1,949 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by cheatham25
Streamliner I too am a freak about ride quality, but I am riding 20's on my S550. There is no Serenity Plus in that size. Not to high jack the post but any suggestions? I want to get rid of the RFT
Believe me, I really LOVE the 20" 5-Spoke wheels that are available on the new S, but I just knew that I would be unhappy with the ride. That's a full inch of sidewall we are talking about vs. the 18's. If it were me, I'd swap out wheels and tires for 18's. These Serenity Plus tires are virtually silent, even at highway speeds. I love them!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,421 Likes on 1,949 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
We have seen several crazies here on this board, and those who just want to yank our chain. I don't think that's the case here. I believe this gentleman and feel for his condition. I used to enjoy water skiing. But many years ago, I took a bad fall--unrelated to water skiing--and ever since then, if I try to water ski, my head starts to throb, it hurts like hell and I have to stop. I have not been water skiing in decades, but I remember the headaches like they were yesterday. Let's cut this fellow a bit of slack.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Venza
Originally Posted by Streamliner
We have seen several crazies here on this board, and those who just want to yank our chain. I don't think that's the case here. I believe this gentleman and feel for his condition. I used to enjoy water skiing. But many years ago, I took a bad fall--unrelated to water skiing--and ever since then, if I try to water ski, my head starts to throb, it hurts like hell and I have to stop. I have not been water skiing in decades, but I remember the headaches like they were yesterday. Let's cut this fellow a bit of slack.
Thanks Streamliner for the support and your initial response. Gives me hope.... Can anyone comment on how it handles bumps that are just on one side of the road like I described in an earlier post? Especially uneven highway bridge joints etc?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550

I don’t understand why we are putting a lot of energy in debating teaaquinn medicalcondition, the guy is asking for advice on the ride quality of the S class andnot on his medical case.

How hard is it to focus on his request or stay quite?!!
The following users liked this post:
aypues (01-13-2017)
Old 01-22-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
I can sympathise with teaaquinn. I have similar yet different issues. There's an excessive amount of space between my skull and brain. As a result, my brain floats/moves around more than it really should and I also have osteoporosis (thin, fragile bones), so my body's fine as long as it doesn't get shaken or hit too much. The docs told me about it in my teenage years. Other than avoiding certain high-risk activities and generally being careful, it's not been an issue for me otherwise. I've always wanted to play ice hockey but I never got the chance to.

Your best bet for Mercedes with Airmatic AND get the smallest wheels you can. Airmatic keeps the car's body suspended on air bladders which will absorb much of the bumps & such. The smaller wheels will mean that that the car's tires have wider sidewalls, giving you more rubber to absorb the bumps before they get transmitted to the shock absorbers. I just did a custom 2015 E350 and intentionally chose the smallest 17" wheels offered and the Luxury suspension which is softer than they normally come.

Consider upgrading the seat leather. I don't recall exactly which level of trim it requires on the S, but once you get past the base level one of the options has softer head restraints. I have soft head restraints on my E and it's been a blessing on longer drives.

I also put the multi-contour seat in the E due to the osteoporosis. It holds my torso nicely and keeps my body from swaying over bumps and turns. It also supposedly will react in an accident, although I hope I never get to find out. My insurance company also threw me a few bones to pay for it. I guess they figure it's cheaper to keep my body in one piece than pay the medical expenses to put it back together.

Also, I'd suggest you take a look at the Lexus LS or Lexus ES. Both were very much like driving a sofa to me.