S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Magic Body Control Question (person w brain injury needs smoother car, please respnd)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Venza
Red face Magic Body Control Question (person w brain injury needs smoother car, please respnd)

Hi everyone.

I joined the forum to ask about everyone's experience with magic body control. I've already read the existing threads. I have long term problems from multiple concussions. I can not tolerate rough bumps, dips, and especially rises on the left or right side of the road that cause the car to whip back and forth from left to right.

I know no car/suspension could ever be perfect but I am hoping that magic body control could make it possible for me to drive and GO PLACES/LEAVE MY HOUSE again.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by teaaquinn; 01-21-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-21-2015, 02:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Considering your condition, I recommend you test drive an S class with MBC to get the feeling yourself.

Good luck.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:05 AM

Toyota Venza
Thanks alshaikh85. I agree. The only problem is, as far as I know, the dealer will only let me test drive it for a few miles. Which would give me a decent idea of how it drives, but I was hoping to get the opinion of someone who has driven the car extensively.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
If you tell us what car you are driving right now, we might be able toprovide you with some insight in what you may get by switching to S Class, but I don’t think it will be wise to make your decision on someone else’s view onthis case.

Some dealers are very flexible in their test drive and they may provide you one for few hours to try, in my area, the dealer is willing to give it for a full day.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:34 AM

Toyota Venza
Yea totally agree. I wouldn't make my decision solely on that. Thats good to know that some dealers are flexible with longer test drives. Ill have to look into that.

Right now I'm driving a Toyota Venza.

Its pretty bumpy. I know bumps can be sorted out with cheaper cars but my main problem is for example, saying your driving 60 on the highway, and you drive over a bridge, and at the joint of the bridge the left or right side is higher than the other and the car whips from left to right really fast. Same thing with rises on uneven country roads etc etc.

This is something that I could only potentially see being fixed by Magic Body Control. Any other car, no matter how nice the suspension is, is still going to react to rises in the road like that.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
I'm not a jerk - but lately we've been having a lot of newbies on here - asking the most insane questions, and I have to believe this is either a joke or a troll.

If you have had multiple concussions and you are at a point where you can't tolerate any bumps in the road for medical reasons - YOU SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING AT ALL! FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE ELSE ON THE ROAD - LET A FRIEND DRIVE YOU.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 AM

Toyota Venza
Originally Posted by Chucky300
I'm not a jerk - but lately we've been having a lot of newbies on here - asking the most insane questions, and I have to believe this is either a joke or a troll.

If you have had multiple concussions and you are at a point where you can't tolerate any bumps in the road for medical reasons - YOU SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING AT ALL! FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE ELSE ON THE ROAD - LET A FRIEND DRIVE YOU.
What? No. One Im definitly not a troll. Two you dont understand my condition or concussions in general. I am totally safe to drive. I have been cleared by multiple doctors. I live with what is called post concussion syndrome. With this, every person has different symptoms. Some people are able to drive, some arent. In my 9 years of driving I have never been in an accident and since my most recent concussion that caused my post concussion syndrome 2 years ago, still no accidents or anything close.

Also its not that I cant tolerate ANY bumps. Its mostly what I described above. Minor bumps arent a big deal. But rises on left or right side of the road causes quick left and right back and forth motion which aggrevates my symptoms. Im just trying to figure out a way to make my life more liveable. Like I said I have been cleared to drive. With the symptoms that I experience It is totally safe. Frankly Im insulted by your post. It baffles me how ignorant people still are on this subject.

Last edited by teaaquinn; 01-21-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 AM

Toyota Venza
I just saw in the other recent thread on here that it only works in sunlight. Does that mean it wont work during the day if its raining or overcast??? Snow I would understand why it wouldnt work but it needing absolute sunny weather would be pretty disappointing
Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2020 S560
ABC will give you a slightly better ride, if the weather is good and the road surface is stepped (that is, a slight ramp from one section to another). It is not so good on abruptly changing road surfaces, potholes, or irregular pavement. You can do better (and cheaper) with smaller wheels (and more rubber on the tires). ABC uses an optical camera so it does not see everything. I would not purchase it again unless MB makes some significant changes.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
Originally Posted by teaaquinn
Hi everyone.

I joined the forum to ask about everyone's experience with magic body control. I've already read the existing threads. I have long term problems from multiple concussions. I can not tolerate rough bumps, dips, and especially rises on the left or right side of the road that cause the car to whip back and forth from left to right.

I know no car/suspension could ever be perfect but I am hoping that magic body control could make it possible for me to drive and GO PLACES/LEAVE MY HOUSE again.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Avoid potholes
Old 01-21-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 GL63; 2012 S63
I personally have noticed that with the 20" tires the ride changes quite a bit when they are inflated for cold temps. For instance in my MY15 S65 in warm months I keep the tire psi at around 36 but in colder months it recommends to keep them at 51psi. As you can imagine that causes a much rougher ride.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2012 E550 Sedan
I don't have any experience with MBC, but I know you can't get it with 4matic. I don't know if 4matic matters to you. Also, if you decide to get the S Class and you want a smoother ride I strongly recommend switching out the runflat tires that come with the car and go with non-runflats. You could try including that as part of the deal when you buy the car. The downside is you'll be driving around without a spare tire.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by BluetecKING
Avoid potholes

No disrespect but really? Must be a nuclear engineer? I love to laugh. You made me laugh.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,934 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon
From 1993 through 2012, I drove Lexus LS models. All were top line cars with air suspension. The latest LS460L with air suspension does not ride as nicely as the S550 with either ABC or MBC. I am an absolute freak about ride comfort and I always upgrade my tires to the best riding models and always use the smallest diameter wheels. My verdict: An S550 with 18" wheels, Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires and MBC is the best riding car available today.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
What? No. One Im definitly not a troll. Two you dont understand my condition or concussions in general. I am totally safe to drive. I have been cleared by multiple doctors. I live with what is called post concussion syndrome. With this, every person has different symptoms. Some people are able to drive, some arent. In my 9 years of driving I have never been in an accident and since my most recent concussion that caused my post concussion syndrome 2 years ago, still no accidents or anything close.

Also its not that I cant tolerate ANY bumps. Its mostly what I described above. Minor bumps arent a big deal. But rises on left or right side of the road causes quick left and right back and forth motion which aggrevates my symptoms. Im just trying to figure out a way to make my life more liveable. Like I said I have been cleared to drive. With the symptoms that I experience It is totally safe. Frankly Im insulted by your post. It baffles me how ignorant people still are on this subject.
Insulted by my post? With all due respect, I think, you come on here - tell everyone you basically have brain damage and that you can't handle pot holes for medical reasons - and you are angry that I (along with everyone sane is thinking) suggested you stay off the roads with injuries like this?

For the record - don't be baffled because I am not ignorant. I had my mother look at your post and give me her quick insight. She too suggests you avoid driving with post concussion syndrome because it oftentimes leads to dizziness and can throw you off - which would obviously be dangerous while driving. You didn't say anything about getting cleared by doctors. You gave a fraction of the information - yet you are insulted that I cared about your safety and the safety of others on the roads.

Lastly, before you get baffled by the ignorance of my mother - rest assured - it is not needed. She's a neurosurgeon.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:25 PM

2013 C class Coupe 250 CDI

Old 01-21-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by Streamliner
From 1993 through 2012, I drove Lexus LS models. All were top line cars with air suspension. The latest LS460L with air suspension does not ride as nicely as the S550 with either ABC or MBC. I am an absolute freak about ride comfort and I always upgrade my tires to the best riding models and always use the smallest diameter wheels. My verdict: An S550 with 18" wheels, Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires and MBC is the best riding car available today.
Streamliner I too am a freak about ride quality, but I am riding 20's on my S550. There is no Serenity Plus in that size. Not to high jack the post but any suggestions? I want to get rid of the RFT
Old 01-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by cheatham25
riding 20's
Dunlop, see recommended tires link here https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...ml#post6068164
Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM

Toyota Venza
Insulted by my post? With all due respect, I think, you come on here - tell everyone you basically have brain damage and that you can't handle pot holes for medical reasons - and you are angry that I (along with everyone sane is thinking) suggested you stay off the roads with injuries like this?

For the record - don't be baffled because I am not ignorant. I had my mother look at your post and give me her quick insight. She too suggests you avoid driving with post concussion syndrome because it oftentimes leads to dizziness and can throw you off - which would obviously be dangerous while driving. You didn't say anything about getting cleared by doctors. You gave a fraction of the information - yet you are insulted that I cared about your safety and the safety of others on the roads.

Lastly, before you get baffled by the ignorance of my mother - rest assured - it is not needed. She's a neurosurgeon.
Relax buddy. You and your mommy dont know anything about my condition. So before you two assume I cant drive or that I automatically suffer from dizziness maybe ask first instead of suggesting Im some kind of idiot who is recklessly endangering people on the road. I mainly get headaches and the quick motions in the car make them worse. I have never experienced dizzyness from PCS. Not once. Again, I am fine to drive and have been cleared by doctors who have actually treated me and seen me in real life, not by random people's moms on the internet.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:55 PM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
The jump in ride quality from a Venza to the S-Class alone will be so dramatic that MBC or not will be minuscule factor.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:31 PM

2018 Lexus LS500

You are a little ignorant but you are right if he gets headaches/dizziness while driving, he shouldn't be driving. It will lead to an accident one way or another. My question is how did he get those Brain Injuries? If he got it while driving he definitely shouldn't be on the road. Considering In any car you buy at least in New York you will feel bumps. Second, why should we care about his problems he should test it out on his own.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:39 PM

Toyota Venza
You are a little ignorant but you are right if he gets headaches/dizziness while driving, he shouldn't be driving. It will lead to an accident one way or another. My question is how did he get those Brain Injuries? If he got it while driving he definitely shouldn't be on the road. Considering In any car you buy at least in New York you will feel bumps. Second, why should we care about his problems he should test it out on his own.
Well as I said, Ive never been in an accident and never have been close. So no, this did not happen as a result of a car accident. Its from playing ice hockey.

Again, no dizziness. Only headaches. People drive with headaches all the time. It does not affect driving. AT ALL. For the third time, I have been cleared by multiple doctors.

And of course Im going to try it out on my own, but I was curious what people who have owned and driven the car for longer than the 10-30 minute test drive that most dealers in my area allow.

Maybe you should care about other peoples problems because its a decent thing to do?? Lol jesus christ....
Old 01-21-2015, 07:00 PM

2018 Lexus LS500
Maybe you should care about other peoples problems because its a decent thing to do?? Lol jesus christ....
If I didn't care I wouldn't of responded. Maybe you didn't get the response you wanted but I care for the other drivers on the road which account for more than yourself.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:06 PM

Toyota Venza
If I didn't care I wouldn't of responded. Maybe you didn't get the response you wanted but I care for the other drivers on the road which account for more than yourself.
Ok totally. But its an absolute non factor. My symptoms do not affect driving.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
04 Lexus LS430
my friend has post concussion syndrome with only the headaches. She said she wouldn't wish it on her worst enemy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Magic Body Control Question (person w brain injury needs smoother car, please respnd)