S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

How to connect to internet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 78 Likes on 51 Posts
Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
How to connect to internet

Hi,
My car isn't connecting to the internet in anyway, I've bought a dongle, plugged it in with USB, connected my phone via bluetooth and wire, connected my sons phone via bluetooth and wire but it keeps coming up with an error. How do I connect the car to the internet, so I can use Mercedes Apps! It is driving me crazy. Is there a router/modem built it into the car, as I can connect my phone to MB WLAN, without any internet capabilities, but the car won't connect to any of my devices.
Thanks
UrBusted
Old 02-01-2015, 07:02 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
dial up?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe

Please make sure the length of the cable equals or exceeds your driving distance.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by UrBusted
Hi,
My car isn't connecting to the internet in anyway, I've bought a dongle, plugged it in with USB, connected my phone via bluetooth and wire, connected my sons phone via bluetooth and wire but it keeps coming up with an error. How do I connect the car to the internet, so I can use Mercedes Apps! It is driving me crazy. Is there a router/modem built it into the car, as I can connect my phone to MB WLAN, without any internet capabilities, but the car won't connect to any of my devices.
Thanks
UrBusted
Reading your previous posts I interpret you might not be from the US (Pounds and roundabouts are less of a US thing). It would be important to know your location (ROW, US/Canada, Japan...).

Assuming ROW, you just need a phone that supports BT DUN or BT PAN and follow instructions from your manual.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM

Porsche Taycan, Range Rover AB, Range Rover SVR, S Class, Mclaren 570s, Urus Hybrid (soon), M3, RS6
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Reading your previous posts I interpret you might not be from the US (Pounds and roundabouts are less of a US thing). It would be important to know your location (ROW, US/Canada, Japan...).

Assuming ROW, you just need a phone that supports BT DUN or BT PAN and follow instructions from your manual.
After a long time messing around with the system, I've managed to connect my phone, Samsung Galaxy S5. Anyone know how to connect it with a mifi device, or if there is a modem/router built in? I'm from the United Kingdom so I have a right hand drive car.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

RHD makes no difference, the Euro market cars are difference in this sense when compared to with the US market cars.

The idea is that COMAND is using your phone for internet access via bluetooth.

I'm not familiar with Android phones but I'm sure there is an application to share internet connectivity via bluetooth (PAN) if the phone does not already have BT DUN support. The car accepts both PAN and DUN bluetooth profiles.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:07 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
RHD makes no difference, the Euro market cars are difference in this sense when compared to with the US market cars.

The idea is that COMAND is using your phone for internet access via bluetooth.

I'm not familiar with Android phones but I'm sure there is an application to share internet connectivity via bluetooth (PAN) if the phone does not already have BT DUN support. The car accepts both PAN and DUN bluetooth profiles.
Ah, thought it was something to do with RHD vs LHD like the E63 S AWD vs RWD. I have already connected my android phone, but am looking to connect a device such as this http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/re...ashx?width=600. I'm going to my local garage tomorrow to see if they can help me, or if there is some sort of update to support these devices.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by UrBusted
Ah, thought it was something to do with RHD vs LHD like the E63 S AWD vs RWD. I have already connected my android phone, but am looking to connect a device such as this http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/re...ashx?width=600. I'm going to my local garage tomorrow to see if they can help me, or if there is some sort of update to support these devices.
I don't know what that device from your link is.

You might get better advice from a UK MB forum because the North American approach for internet connectivity is completely different from ours (in Europe). You would need instructions for internet tethering on your Samsung phone, there must be Samsung experts here too? It is not enough to have the phone paired for BT with the car.