MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W222) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222-178/)
-   -   fully custom audio upgrade done.... (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w222/579049-fully-custom-audio-upgrade-done.html)

locsta 03-23-2015 11:26 AM

fully custom audio upgrade done....

1 Attachment(s)
the front and rear doors has been replaced with focal utopia's (front) and rear with the k2 series, for the bass is 2 10" jl audio w7 woofers, amps are 3 critical mass amps that are powering these speakers... the sounds came out great and sounds great... wheels will be on soon.... follow on instagram for more details and update on the car...

instagram: @longlocsta

mwilson122 03-23-2015 12:05 PM

Maybe i'm just too old, but I'm not getting this. This is an S class; Soderklasse, a classy and graceful automobile. I find all aftermarket stuff to only take away from all that this institution has been known to stand for.

One would not put a rubber strap on a Calatrava either, would one?

aypues 03-23-2015 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by mwilson122 (Post 6374275)
Maybe i'm just too old, but I'm not getting this. This is an S class; Soderklasse, a classy and graceful automobile. I find all aftermarket stuff to only take away from all that this institution has been known to stand for.

agreed. sounds like a downgrade to me.

hyperion667 03-24-2015 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by aypues (Post 6374385)
agreed. sounds like a downgrade to me.

dropping the gavel so soon lads??

:slap:

looks nice OP, what kind of wheels?

Giants54 03-24-2015 08:16 PM

If you are interested in the best sound quality, why would you not order the upgraded Burmester system in the original build. I can't imagine an after market installation would sound any better and it certainly will not look as good as the original design.

mwilson122 03-25-2015 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 6375280)
dropping the gavel so soon lads??

Yup. Case closed. Next!

Streamliner 03-25-2015 10:41 PM

Me too. When I see something like this, I wonder if some 22" wheels, some chrome "DUB" monikers on the front fenders and maybe an "In Loving Memory of......." decal in the back window can be far behind. Normally one would have to go to a bowling alley to see a vehicle of this stature. Maybe some lights in the wheel wells, put a big star in the grill--lighted, of course and maybe some glass pack mufflers and we'll be all set for a cruise down Whittier Blvd., but you know, like I'm jus sayin. :D

jadeethan 03-26-2015 09:02 AM

your instagram

I just looked at your instagram account and i could not help but respond even though i usually don't ...i see some pictures of delicious food and cars...i am sure you are a nice person at heart....

Is this your sclass or are you hooking it up for someone? Either way this car is hideous...this car does not represent the elegance and grace of an sclass.

Also what's up with the instagram post "great night with my n1ggas!! There is not one black person in that picture..bunch of asians and one white guy. i hate it when non black people try to act black. you are asian for crying out loud!

Worth the wait 03-26-2015 09:13 AM

I look at that car and get a headache.
Would you fetch me the aspirin from the medicine cabinet, you will find them behind the untouched bottle of shaving cream.

Streamliner..see what I did there:)

Streamliner 03-26-2015 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Worth the wait (Post 6377771)
I look at that car and get a headache.
Would you fetch me the aspirin from the medicine cabinet, you will find them behind the untouched bottle of shaving cream.

Streamliner..see what I did there:)

Don't you just hate Perry's wife?:D

hyperion667 03-27-2015 05:07 PM

don't know what instagram is.......anyone have pictures??

UrBusted 03-27-2015 05:26 PM

Heres the instagram
https://instagram.com/longlocsta/

hyperion667 03-27-2015 07:44 PM

thanx for the link but it's private: OP, throw some pix up! :)

from the box in the trunk, looks like the installer knew the game....it looks cool to me:nix: symmetrical, clean, polished look.......
what is everyone so nuts about? then again, I have only seen the one pic

Jason B 03-28-2015 05:06 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This page wasn't private a day ago. There isn't much on there with w222's except that one pic really. There are some w221 pics. Not sure who owns the w222.

Mitch Alsup 03-30-2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jason B (Post 6379902)
This page wasn't private a day ago. There isn't much on there with w222's except that one pic really. There are some w221 pics. Not sure who owns the w222.

Hideous.

BKWard 04-01-2015 09:37 AM

I say to each his own, it's not like some of the hideous stuff seen in these pages on the outside, like the trim packages and crazy wheels.

As far as the Bermester being the top of the line sound system....don't get me wrong....it is top of the line and great. But, I got a custom system in a Ford F-250 pick up truck that sounds almost as good as my Bermester High End 3D. Here is my experience with the Bermester....it has a feature where you can specially tune it for each seating location, so if you tune it on the driver.....boy it sounds great. But, if you focus the special tuning on the front seat passenger is sounds good for that passenger and "not so good, or as good" for everyone else. I like it, and I would buy it again, but I understand someone wanting to do something different. SO.....I'm not hating on your sound system.....enjoy.

Jason B 04-01-2015 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by BKWard (Post 6384325)
I say to each his own, it's not like some of the hideous stuff seen in these pages on the outside, like the trim packages and crazy wheels.

As far as the Bermester being the top of the line sound system....don't get me wrong....it is top of the line and great. But, I got a custom system in a Ford F-250 pick up truck that sounds almost as good as my Bermester High End 3D. Here is my experience with the Bermester....it has a feature where you can specially tune it for each seating location, so if you tune it on the driver.....boy it sounds great. But, if you focus the special tuning on the front seat passenger is sounds good for that passenger and "not so good, or as good" for everyone else. I like it, and I would buy it again, but I understand someone wanting to do something different. SO.....I'm not hating on your sound system.....enjoy.

Yep, I just had a 2015 C class loaner and tried out that same feature on the Bermester. It only sounds good for the seating position you set it on. So, I turned it off the driver side and set it to all 4 equally.

BKWard 04-02-2015 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jason B (Post 6384390)
Yep, I just had a 2015 C class loaner and tried out that same feature on the Bermester. It only sounds good for the seating position you set it on. So, I turned it off the driver side and set it to all 4 equally.

So, when you did that were you satisfied with the sound quality. Here is what I've found.....Most of the time I'm in my car alone, so its all good as I tune the system for the drivers seat and it sounds great. I can really crank it up (I like my music loud) and at really high volume I get no distortion or crackling. Meaning it has the power to match my preferred level of volume without a sweat.

Then, I'll take someone for a ride or a test drive and they've heard about the sound system an it's one of the first thing they ask to hear. So, I play it and the politely say "thats so nice," then I focus the sound on their seating position and thats when the ooooos and aaaaaahhhs start.

I'm going to do a little experiment and drive around with the sound not focused one any particular seat for a couple of days and see what thats like.

hyperion667 04-02-2015 06:27 PM

I turned my stereo all the way up while listening to Frozen (LOL) and it is incredibly loud.....the truck vibrates just like the homies :)
better get myself some dyna-matt......oh wait.......I never have it that loud haha

onelightmind 03-11-2019 02:49 PM

WOW!! Old thread but why all the hate. The subwoofer instal looks very professional. These vehicles do not have good low end bass. Burmeister is so so...FOCAL ridiculous reproduction of sound. Audiophile if the correct speakers were chosen. I will add some JL Subs for the missing low end...The car certainly lifts when driven, this is a module and it is slammed for photos. Old thread back to life.